Jets' last five wins and next Monday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday

did Green Bay get a shut out bonus? a road game shut out at that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

PhatRex, feel free to spew all you wish.  We'll see what happens a week from Monday.  Will you be back if, on Tuesday morning, the Pats are 10-2 and your team is 9-3?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Patriot Blowout 42-17

And as a fan I can underestimate any other team as much as I like.

Laughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday : Waaaaaa, BB let the team get old a decepit and now was forced to start rookies, it's not fair!  Not really sure what superbowl you're talking about.  The patsies got crushed in their last post season game in the first round.   Maybe you are thinking of 2004, that was a pretty good team.
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

I am not "complaining". I am enjoying watching the best coach ever, COACH.

Best coach and best QB in the league. I reminded you and other rube trolls about this all summer long.  It's the  differentiator between NE and every other team in this league.

It doesn't mean they win every game or are perfect, it just means NE has the best coach, GM and QB in this league.

You are flat out stupid.  Where do you think the inbredding started? On your father's side?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday : Absolutely,  most teams just go through the motions each week, skipping practices, ignoring the game plans etc, but when NE is on the schedule they get there early and really buy into what is being said while hitting harder and staying up late watching film.  Then, on game day, the run faster, try harder to sack the QB, and really try to hold on to that ball when it comes to them.  Maybe players should get paid more when NE is on the schedule.  The Browns should, anyway.

Not what I said.

I said NE is clearly the bellweather organization.  It's the organization everyone wants to be. 

This means teams get up for NE more so than they would for the Detroit Lions, for example.

To deny this means you are delusional, which explains your comments.

Cleveland came off a BYE, were 2-5 and played their SB against NE.

NE didn't match the intensity and lost on the road. Not the end of the world.

The fact you hold on to this or a playoff to Baltimore last year during a rebuild process with the best underneath WR Out, Brady hurt, unable to throw well, no run game, no 3rd WR, a 1st year Off Coordinator, etc, that kind of loss is better there, then if it were to happen this year or in the future.

Any one with a brain can see NE tranisitiong out of the old regime and into a new one.

You don't have a very strong brain, so you think NE is finished.

This is why we laugh at you.  Normally, I'd feel bad making fun of people who are mentally challenged, but we enjoy picking on you.

You have a small wee-ee and a low IQ, so you come here to try to deflect from those realities.

I'd suggest seeking help this week. It will help you next week.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Everyone seems to be so impressed that Brady had such a great day yesterday.  No denying, he's a great QB and ovbiously he is the reason why the patsies win their games that they do.  However, that not only was the Lions, but the the Lions minus a decent QB that the patsies were getting beat by well into the third Qtr.  That Detroit team is one of the few teams in the NFL that has a worse D than the pats.  Many of you want to penalize the Jets for almost getting beat, but not actually getting beat,  which shows your total ignorance about football and you lack of knowledge of the team you root for along.  Many comments about 'almost' losing to the Browns, perhaps forgetting that they made Brady look like an average QB as the Jets did too. It's hard to figue where this over confidence about the patsies chances of beating the Jets are coming from.  The Patriots have a great offence and a bad defense the Jets have a great defense and an average offense.  Unless the pastsies put up 45 points, their chances of beating the Jets are about as good as the first time around, you know bofore Pace and Holmes were on the field.

Phatrex....  answer this..  Against BAD teams why hasn't Sanchez shown like Brady (your rationalization for Brady's performance yesterday ) and why haven't the Jets dominated bad teams?  We Pats fans CAN point to the wins against the Steelers and Colts as quality wins against GOOD teams.  The LONE good team the Jets have played, Green Bay, they were SHUT OUT!!  Explain your rationale!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday : I am not "complaining". I am enjoying watching the best coach ever, COACH. Best coach and best QB in the league. I reminded you and other rube trolls about this all summer long.  It's the  differentiator between NE and every other team in this league. It doesn't mean they win every game or are perfect, it just means NE has the best coach, GM and QB in this league. You are flat out stupid.  Where do you think the inbredding started? On your father's side?
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

You're assuming he had a father? I'm betting on failed illegal genetic experiment and contaminated petri dish.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

lol!!

He won't answer that one.

How funny would it be if Sanchez chokes again in Foxborough during the Jets 2010 SB season?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Notice how Phatrex will not respond to any post that is questioning the play of the Jets against the Broncos, Lions, Browns or Bengals.  Phat always wants to refer to the fact the Pats lost to the Browns, does not want to reference the impressive Patriot wins against the Steelers IN Pittsbrugh and against the Colts.  He also will not address anyone who mentioned the shut out loss at home against the ONLY good team the Jets have faced in the last 5.  He is focused, or is it wishing big time, the Patriots the Jets will face in Foxboro will be the same team that lost to the Browns and the Jets in the first game.  The TWO games everyone says were the worst the Pats played all year.  This is his focus!  He will not acknowledge AT ALL the Patriots are truly playing better than the Jets right now.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]Patriot Blowout 42-17 And as a fan I can underestimate any other team as much as I like.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

^^^^^ This

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LawDawg94. Show LawDawg94's posts

[QUOTE]Everyone seems to be so impressed that Brady had such a great day yesterday.  No denying, he's a great QB and ovbiously he is the reason why the patsies win their games that they do.  However, that not only was the Lions, but the the Lions minus a decent QB that the patsies were getting beat by well into the third Qtr.  That Detroit team is one of the few teams in the NFL that has a worse D than the pats.  Many of you want to penalize the Jets for almost getting beat, but not actually getting beat,  which shows your total ignorance about football and you lack of knowledge of the team you root for along.  Many comments about 'almost' losing to the Browns, perhaps forgetting that they made Brady look like an average QB as the Jets did too. It's hard to figue where this over confidence about the patsies chances of beating the Jets are coming from.  The Patriots have a great offence and a bad defense the Jets have a great defense and an average offense.  Unless the pastsies put up 45 points, their chances of beating the Jets are about as good as the first time around, you know bofore Pace and Holmes were on the field.
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE] PhatRex, if Lions' D are worst than Pats' then how come you guys couldn't score more than 28 points on them even with Holmes back?  Jets is a talented team and I'll give them credit for that.  I'm not going to penalize Jets for almost getting beat, but both Pats and Jets should have some concerns about who will win the game.  AH played great against the Jets and TB should've stuck with him.  Pats failed to execute, so they lost the first one.  Now both teams would have another chance to prove that second game was not a fluke.  May the best team win.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LawDawg94. Show LawDawg94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday : Waaaaaa, BB let the team get old a decepit and now was forced to start rookies, it's not fair!  Not really sure what superbowl you're talking about.  The patsies got crushed in their last post season game in the first round.   Maybe you are thinking of 2004, that was a pretty good team.

I think we he/she was talking about the 2007 SB, but I'm not sure what SB you were talking about.  We got beat, but it was a close game.  At least we got to the big stage...  When was the last time you were there?  For a guy calling out people for making excuses you're a hypocrite huh?  If not, why did you bring up Jets not having certain players.  Oh, the reason why you've never heard of Shaun Hill, it's because you live in a cacoon and too full of yourself like Jets' coach to realize the existence of other people.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LawDawg94. Show LawDawg94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday : I actualy think that the Pats D is worse.  But don't confuse the Jets/Lions game with the Pats/Lions game.  First the Pats have a better offense.  Second, the Lions had their QB against the Jets, who was much better than that bumb that played yesterday against the pats.  He mostly kept the Jets off the field.  And yet, the Jets still gave up less points than that horrible pats D.

I'm definitely not confused about who's playing who.  However, Jet's D are way better than Pats, so how did you guys let him keep your offense off the field?    If I recall correctly, CJ only had 1 catch in that game, so it wasn't like he was setting your D on fire.  Also, Shaun Hill was still hurt when MS when down in that game vs. the Jets, so you guys faced their 3rd string QB.  Of course there is no telling how well your D would've fared against SH, so it's best we wait and see about this upcoming game.  I'm a man and I'll admit that the Pats were horrible against the Browns, but 9-2 is 9-2 no matter how I slice and dice them.  However, if you're going to talk about Pats' embarrassing loss to the Browns, you should also be objective about how well we did against the Steelers' D, which if I'm not mistaken is ranked higher than your D.  I think it's some of the points the bloggers are trying to make, is that your team has flaws too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LawDawg94. Show LawDawg94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday : I actualy think that the Pats D is worse.  But don't confuse the Jets/Lions game with the Pats/Lions game.  First the Pats have a better offense.  Second, the Lions had their QB against the Jets, who was much better than that bumb that played yesterday against the pats.  He mostly kept the Jets off the field.  And yet, the Jets still gave up less points than that horrible pats D.

Now you're flip flopping....  "Your tactic confuse me."  In your post on Page 2 you posted the following about Lions' D being worst than Pats' and now you're saying Pats' D are worst.  We had 2 INTs and they had ZERO.  Did our logic and sensible reasoning changed your mind or are you just ignorant and lack knowledge of YOUR team that your root for?  Also, you said MS was a decent QB then your other post in the tread said he was "average," so which one is it?  "Decent" is above average, so he's either decent or average.  If a "decent" QB almost beat you all before he was hurt, couldn't an "elite" QB like TB beat you?  What I'm saying is that anyone and any team can win or lose no matter how good or bad their records indicate.  That's why people say it's "Any Given Sunday."

First: 8/10/2010
    Last: 11/26/2010
    Everyone seems to be so impressed that Brady had such a great day yesterday.  No denying, he's a great QB and ovbiously he is the reason why the patsies win their games that they do.  However, that not only was the Lions, but the the Lions minus a decent QB that the patsies were getting beat by well into the third Qtr.  That Detroit team is one of the few teams in the NFL that has a worse D than the pats. 
    Many of you want to penalize the Jets for almost getting beat, but not actually getting beat,  which shows your total ignorance about football and you lack of knowledge of the team you root for along.  Many comments about 'almost' losing to the Browns, perhaps forgetting that they made Brady look like an average QB as the Jets did too.
    It's hard to figue where this over confidence about the patsies chances of beating the Jets are coming from.  The Patriots have a great offence and a bad defense the Jets have a great defense and an average offense.  Unless the pastsies put up 45 points, their chances of beating the Jets are about as good as the first time around, you know bofore Pace and Holmes were on the field.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Phat.. you are all about rationalization when it comes to the Jets being better and the Pats being worse.  You are all over the place.  There are many Pats fans here who admit the team's shortcomings and everyone and their uncle admits the Browns game is an abheration.  You've been using the Brown's game as the expectation and has yet to even acknowledge the games the Pats won against the Steelers ( which you fully trashed talked the Pats as going to be run over in that game ) and Colts, which you also fully expected the Pats to lose.  At the same time, you have refused to acknowledge the Jets shut out loss to Green Bay AT HOME after a bye week!  You say Sanchez put up decent numbers against the Pats, Buffalo and Houston.  Nice to be picky!  How about the 71.4 against the Bengals?  87.2 against the Browns?  82.9 against the Lions?  Or 43.3 against the Packers?  The only GOOD team played in the last 5??!!  Brady's last 5 games ratings are:  Minn - 100.8; Cle 90.5 (surprised?) Pit - 117.4; IND - 123.1 and Det - 158.3 !! ALL higher than Sanchez against BETTER competition!!  Imagine Brady threw a 117.4 at Pit followed by a 123.1 against the Colts.  Do these teams have WEAK defenses?  If Sanchez did 43.3 against the Pack, what about against Pit when he goes up there in bad weather?  You talk about "homerism", look at yours!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LawDawg94. Show LawDawg94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday : That is one of the most sane posts ever posted here.  That is exactly it.  Wins against a team like the Steelers must be kept in perspective by a crushing loss to a team like the Browns.  And yes, 9-2 is just that.  Obviously, Hill is not as good as Stafford who played well against the Jets.  The fact that the Jets D still only gave up 20 points to him does not mean he didn't control the game well until the Jets knocked him out.    Occasionally great offensive teams light up great defensive teams like the pats did the Steelers.  Mostly, that is not the case.  The Jets have plenty of flaws.  The biggest of which are self imposed. They have more penalties this year than I ever recall.  Aside from that, short passes are a weak spot in that D.  The problem with the pats using that is that they typically need to score fast and furious to have a chance to win.  If they try to dink and dunk, where the Jets are susceptible, they will not be able to put up the 30 points they need to win. The real problem with the points some of these fools are trying to make is that they consider a close win against a bad team somehow worse than a loss.  Obviously, the Browns are not very good and if the point that someone is tryig to make is that the Jets are not good either, then the patsies two defeats were to bad teams.  A great offense and a bad defense combined with crushing defeats adds up to another first round exit.  Why would this year be any different than last?  The offense is slightly better and the D is a lot worse.

Rex, I think you're missing the point of the rest of the bloggers.  At least for me, I keep all wins and losses in perspective...  For the loss vs. Browns, it was an aberration filled with mental mistakes (mishandled KO, fumble, etc).  The loss to the Jets I saw TB forcing throws to 81 and they either INT or he held the ball too long and was sacked.  The Pats have corrected those mistakes.  Additionally, the last 3 games vs. Steelers TB has thrown over 300 plus yards on its D, so it's not occassionally.  The Pats have beaten the likes of Ravens, Colts, Steelers, Chargers who are all in contention for a playoff spot while Jets barely beat Browns, Lions, etc.  I'd also point out that it's not true that Pats must start fast and furious in order to win.  They just have to be consistant in all 3 phases of the game.  Pats didn't start fast yesterday or vs Ravens, but they came back and won both offensively and defensively.  On the other hand, they started fast vs Jets only to lose.  The point I'm making is that this year in the playoffs may not be different last year.  However, wouldn't you agree that the Ds of Saint's last year and Colts when they won their SB?  The O was good and D clamped down when playoffs came.  Also, Pat's D this year cames up with critical stops when they couldn't last year.    I would leave you with this as I have school work to attend to and don't join discussions often...  The point in this tread is that both teams have flaws and if Pats fan to include myself are optimistic about the next game is because we've been playing well while the Jets had struggled.  In addition, we were also shut out in the 2nd game of last year, but won convincingly the 2nd time.  I wish #81 was still here partnered with Branch, then I think we'd be unstoppable!  That's my sarcasm and wishful thinking...  It's been great to read everyone's posts thanks for keeping me entertained on this Black Friday!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

The Jets will be playing all out, and I expect it to be a close game even with all the penalties.
    I guess it's another statement game.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday : ...A win against the Steelers is easily offset by the loss to the Browns.  So a loss against Green Bay is easily offset by a win against the Lions? Why is looking good against a good team somehow indicative of the teams worth but getting annihilated by a bad team is ignored.  That is all you are focusing on, the Pats lost against the Browns and you ignore the wins against the Colts and Steelers since that game. So, are you admitting that it is as likely the pats would lose to a bad team as beat a good team?  Seems like we agree. Yes, "on ANY given Sunday" but, you do not apply that to the Jets as you seem to constantly harp on the loss to a "crappy" team by the Patriots, who most people say is not really that crappy.

When all is said and done, someone wins and someone loses.  Given how you have also focused on Sanchez' play, looking at the QB ratings these last few weeks, I'll take my chances that TB will do better against your team than Sanchez against the Pats.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I WANT to believe they aren't that good.  What I see tells me that they aren't that good.  The opposing teams records and the close nature of the games makes me think they aren't that good.  BUT.  I have watched large chunks of a few of those games, and the teams they played were playing HARD.  And well.  We will have to work hard to beat the Jets.  We CAN beat the Jets.  But we better have a real game plan (which I don't think we had against the Lions) and practice (which I KNOW we didn't have against the Lions) to do it.  I am confident of a win, but not because of who the Jets have played, but by the way I saw them play, and the way I saw the Patriots play.  BUT we better find a second receiver, or just put Hernandez out there at the Z, because Tate isn't doing it.  Hernandez against Cromartie would be interesting.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

holy snots!  you cant even spell BUM or APPARENTLY and you are giving other people your opinion and expecting them to respect it?  WOW.  That Lions QB you claim was so good against you rolled onto his OWN bad shoulder in a crucial drive for no apparent reason.  Only that idiotic play kept you in the game as one single first down is the end of your chances.  At least Hill didn't hand us the game.  He lost it fair and square.

Sections
Shortcuts