Jets lock up David Harris long term

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Jets lock up David Harris long term

The jets have re-signed david harris to a longterm contract. i just dont understand where they find the cap room to re-sign guys to big contracts. Do they pull cap space out of there butt or something?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Re: Jets lock up David Harris long term

Well ryans butt is big enough to pull something out of it.lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Jets lock up David Harris long term:
    [QUOTE]The jets have re-signed david harris to a longterm contract. i just dont understand where they find the cap room to re-sign guys to big contracts. Do they pull cap space out of there butt or something?
    Posted by R3S1N20[/QUOTE]

Well if they gave him less then 10mil a year thy actually saved cap space.

But that also gave Harris all the leverage. They are so desperate for cap space they most likely gave him a above market contract just to create a bit of cap room to resign some players

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

In Response to Re: Jets lock up David Harris long term:
    [QUOTE]Well ryans butt is big enough to pull something out of it.lol
    Posted by lippa[/QUOTE]

LMAO

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

They are having to pay a lot of money to keep their players.  And I thought everyone wanted to be a Jet.

Since they let so many go in order to land the big one they ended up not getting, I guess they figure they better start over paying to keep the ones they have left.

They must hope people will think they are making huge moves when the sign a player for a lot of money.  Another player they over spent on, imo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Wow 36mil over 4 yrs with 29.5mil guarantied. He really bent them over a barrel so that they could get some cap space. I wonder what his cap hit is like this year. Maybe they did another Holmes type of deal pushing most of that guarantied stuff into the future. Talk about betting the farm now. How much future cap do they have tied up between Holmes, Cro, Harris, Sanchez, and Mangold now?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]Wow 36mil over 4 yrs with 29.5mil guarantied. He really bent them over a barrel so that they could get some cap space. I wonder what his cap hit is like this year. Maybe they did another Holmes type of deal pushing most of that guarantied stuff into the future. Talk about betting the farm now. How much future cap do they have tied up between Holmes, Cro, Harris, Sanchez, and Mangold now?
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]
    This is what i'm wondering, too. If they did have the majority of those players push back the money to later dates, then it appears that they are taking another gamble this year.

Maybe there is something we are all missing, but I don't know how the Jets are affording to get all these guys.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Well, Harris is worth 4 million on this years cap, another pushback type deal.

RichCimini Rich Cimini
    First-year cap number for David Harris is $4M. Cap number on franchise tender was $10.4M. Savings: $6.4M. More money for FAs. #Jets

So it looks like they will have a TON of money tied into players in 2012.

Cro, Holmes, Sanchez, Scott, Harris etc etc etc. Nice! Not to mention Revis might holdout next year as well, lol.

I was on TGG and half of them are talking about how they might be looking at Cap hell next year while others are dreaming about bringing Edwards back to another monster contract. I find theganggreen a funny place.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]god i wish this doooouche ^ would go away
    Posted by R3S1N20[/QUOTE]

I call it the ignore button. It works well

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CharlestonDude. Show CharlestonDude's posts

David Harris was second best defender on Jets according to their play-by-play guy.

TBaum must know what he's doing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets lock up David Harris long term : Sorry, charlie.  You have already missed being the first to start the "Jets are in cap trouble next year" post.  It was either Queenie or Hobo.  But feel free to try to explain all of the morons that claimed that 1) no way they can sign Revis, Mangold, Brick & Harris, 2)Jets are already over the cap this year and won't be able to sign any of their own FAs and 3)No way Jets can sign any other free agents (see #2)
    Posted by McCheaters[/QUOTE]

Dude, you are hilarious! Everyone with any knowledge knows the Yets got lucky with the dead cap money clause which put the Yets under the cap this year.

Go on your own teams website and read your fellow Yet fans responses on how all this backloading can and possibly will cause "Cap Hell" as they so put it in the near future. I was just restating what your fellow fans where writing on TGG.com

as for my explanations to your little numbered questions...

1. did I say anything about last year in my post? Mangold, Brick, Revis, etc.
    2.Dead Cap money clause...
    3.this one makes me laugh, they restructed contracts, for example, Bart Scott and Pace have their entire 2012 salaries gueranteed, Holmes backloaded his contract in order to have less impact this year, same with Cro and now Harris. All this means is that they will have a large impact on the next few years in terms of how much cap money they will take up.

So please, go ahead and pretend that your set for the future and this kind of rediculous spending isn't going to bite the Yets in the @s$

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Just in case your feeble mind doesn't comprehend this, Pace and Scott, two old and regressing players on that D are going to be due a ton of money, all guaranteed.

Pace - $8,348,333
    Scott - $7,350,000

By restructuring this year, Pace reduced his salary cap number to $2,855,000 at the expense of it being a guaranteed $8,348,333 next year.

Scott reduced his salary cap number to $3,900,000 at the expense of it being a guaranteed $7,350,000.

If you can't do math, that is an increase of 8,943,333 from this year to next just on them two. Yes, it helped you this year that they restructured but it will hurt you next year. Do you understand that part? Do I have to go into detail on how Santonio and Cro and Harris will affect you next year in a very similar fashion or is this enough of a sample for you to comprehend what everyone here is trying to get through that thick skull of yours?

And if you think Revis wont hold out after this season, your out of your mind.
    He has an 18 million dollar option bonus this year, 7 million base salary.
    Next year, all he has is a 7.5 million dollar salary, 6 million in 2014. You think Revis will play for 7.5 million? Right...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets lock up David Harris long term : So, the guys get cut right before the deadline and you think that the Jets didn't know?  That is pricelss.  Oh no! Bart Scott's money is guaranteed for next year?  Wait, next year?  Have you already moved on to next year?  That is so sad.  C'mon, man.  You still have Tom Brady.  Anything can happen. I mean, it won't, but you have to keep your head up.

You can't read now can you? LMFAO, when did I say that Harris' deal will hurt them THIS YEAR. I was talking about NEXT year from the very beginning. With Bart Scott, I was pointing out that his deal, along with Pace, Cro, Holmes and Harris, will impact that Yets cap NEXT year in a way that you just fail to comprehend.

I guess being dyslectic is a requirement for a Yets fan...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

There is a boat load of teams that are supposed to in "Salary Cap Hell", it's a scary place that doesn't really exist...sorry. Every year I hear how the Jets are just so stupid for paying this one and that one, yet every year they go out and get players.

You can cut, restructure, back load, front load, trade, move up, move down, force pay cuts (which they have done) to get under the cap. Every team has 50 people that work on this stuff daily, it's their job and they all do it very well. Has anyone ever witnessed a team that has spent their offseason just losing all their players and signing no one? Baltimore did it once (and they won a Super Bowl because of it). If the owner is willing to spend, you can sign players.

The jets will never win a thing because their QB is a joke and they have to play us, not because of fiscal irresponsibility.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

McCheaters, your father is waiting for you...in the tool shed.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets lock up David Harris long term : HolyCrap! Are you really a Patriots fan?  You sound a bit reasonable. You don't win 20 some games in your first two years before you are 25 if you're a joke.  Obviously, the guy has some accuracy issues, but a lot of good QBs were no different.  Elway, Young and a few others had similar problems.

They won 20 games his first two years despite him...there's a we bit difference there. And he has some accuracy issues? That's not a problem? It's probably the most important thing a qb has, it's like saying a running back is good...he just can't run. Young had accuracy problems? I remember Elway, but that's because he was firing from a cannon (it really wasn't his fault...the ball went through a couple of players). See the problem with Sanchez is that he make some poor decisions, is not accurate and his arm is nothing special - he can run and scramble, but he's not very big. So...he's dumb, throws the ball to the nacho guy, and is only going to lose his legs as he takes hits and gets older. Nice.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets lock up David Harris long term : They won 20 games his first two years despite him...there's a we bit difference there.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

You hit the nail on the head right there my friend, excellent point!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Mark Sanchez is still the QB of that team, a team that has not improved this off-season...

You replaced Braylon with who? Plaxico Burress? LMFAO!

Cro is back, so is Holmes.

You lost Brad Smith, Woody, Ellis, Taylor, LT is even older, your draft was laughable, Drew Coleman and Brodney Pool wont be back. Your Yets have not gotten ANY better this offseason, in fact, they have gotten worse and yet you brag about their 2011 offseason...

You are still barelly a wildcard team and you know it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

I hope the jets the best and hope they are good even though Iam a pats fan it makes the  season more interesting then watching a team blow out teams every week.I like to see a good game.Yes they did beat the pats and only one step from the super bowl.I know what all will say they havent won nothing  but they got further then the pats the past 2 season .Hope for a great season and best team wins  hopefully its the pats on top!

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

you know rusty, you have been talking about where the jets allocate $$$ for a couple of years now and guess what, we still have out team intact.  It is always about next year you are done and you continue to be wrong. next year, next year, and next year....

as far as teh completion %, our qb has already stated that it is his goal to bring that up, rex has stated that our qb will need to step up. I feel that the Sanchize will step up, it is almost time to prove it.

now, if I may speak on the pats....

last year rusty spoke about a JETS locker room taht was going to melt at some point during the year.  well, if the pats lose a couple of games early, I can see some fireworks over there in NE this year.  You now have an outgoing reciever who likes to talk in the media. You have a DL that will do what he wants, when he wants to.  that is the truth, you can say what you want about shannie but it comes down to fat albert.  if he wants to do it, he can, the problem is, he has already been paid and thanks to his past, he will never get that contract again and HE KNOWS IT!!!  good luck to brady keeping them in line.  He may need help and I dont think he has teh cast to do it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Jets fans just can't see the forest through the trees.

Look at their team. They were once one of the deepest teams in the league. Now fast forward to this year and their depth has been completely gutted. It's gutted to the point where they are forced to start 2 rooks (one might be deported btw) on a 34 DL? 2 of their starters in the LB core are backups on most teams. Their starting FS was a sub-package blitz player (Smith and he is very good as a sub package S imo). They have no one behind Burress and Homes at WR (they tried to trade Crotchey for cap space and no one wanted him), they are forced to start a RT that they have admitted to not having confidence in.

Now that they back ended the guarantied contracts of their players and restructured deals guarantying their contracts next season so they can't even release them to save cap space. The dead money might not have counted this year but it will next year which means even if the release Scott and Pace all their contract counts against next years cap. They have 16mil tied up between those 2, plus another 16mil in Sanchez, Holmes has to have at least 10mil tied into next year if not more, Cro has another 10mil, Mangold has about 8mil cap hit, and Harris has about 10mil tied up too. If they keep Revis and he stays at his contract (which hard to believe he won't make waves with Cro making more then him next year) that's 7.5mil. Between 8 players that's 77.5mil or  64.5% of the cap tied up on 15% of the team. If you average it out that means they can only pay the other players on the team just below 1mil average. The only way to get cap space back next year is to trade players. Restructuring won't work next year and releasing those contracts that are back loaded or are fully guarantied because of restructures won't save any cap space and costs you a player.

How can the Jet fans not see they are paying off one credit card with another that has a larger interest rate. Eventually there won't be any more cards to transfer to and you'll have to pay up large. This could set them back for years while they come out from all this huge contracts and guarantied money they keep giving out.

And for all those that don't think there is a cap hell I again ask you to look at their depth. Their team is completely front loaded on talent with no one to back any of them up. It's already taking a hit on their starters with the LB core, DL, and OL. They are replacing starters with rooks, backups, and players they don't have confidence in. It's eerily similar to what the Rams did from 99'-03'

25. This post has been removed.