Jets looking good

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rf24fox. Show rf24fox's posts

Jets looking good

Even though I hate the Jets more than anyone, you've got to admit that they looked really good this afternoon. I give Rex a lot of credit. This team has a real chance of making the playoffs and maybe beyond with that defense and with how Sanchez and co. moved the football especially on third down.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Re: Jets looking good

In Response to Jets looking good:
    Even though I hate the Jets more than anyone, you've got to admit that they looked really good this afternoon. I give Rex a lot of credit. This team has a real chance of making the playoffs and maybe beyond with that defense and with how Sanchez and co. moved the football especially on third down.
    Posted by rf24fox

1985 Bears. It was that dominant, against an excellent offensive team on their field.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

Huston has a way of making all their opponents look good.  It's called sucking and that's what they have been doing since they been in the league.

Schaub looked as bad as any QB I've ever seen.  What a pitiful organization.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Posted by rf24fox

Well, Peter King talked to Rex Ryan after their game and asked about his showdown with the Patriots next week. Rex' response, "Well, we know they'll be better than us at head coach and quarterback"

What a doucher.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Next Sunday at 1 o'clock is midnight for that collection of ugly wannabee Cinderellas.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

I didn't think he used his mouth for anything other then eating.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

I told U Mr.USC is good, were in trouble.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blomie. Show Blomie's posts

Wait till they play football against an NFL team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: Jets looking good:
    Huston has a way of making all their opponents look good.  It's called sucking and that's what they have been doing since they been in the league. Schaub looked as bad as any QB I've ever seen.  What a pitiful organization.
    Posted by Kmax

Schaub is an excellent QB. Andre Johnson (totally shut down) is a Moss/Fitzgerald level receiver. Talk is very cheap and we will look like fools talking this team down and then losing against a very tough team. They are very good. This may be a multiple year Sox-Yanks type of rivalry now. The Texans have been on every NFL analyst's beauty contest list pre-season, many picking them to win the division after closing out 8-4 last year. Just the facts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Next Sunday at 1 o'clock is midnight for that collection of ugly wannabee Cinderellas.....
    Posted by mountainmonkey

Rex Ryan is not Mangini. Sorry, guys, maybe Woody Johnson got it right this time. This is going to be a tough opponent for us now and in the future. They demolished a very good football team today, one which has only lost 4 home games in the last two years. And Baltimore looked weak today defensively against an average opponent. It is difficult to think it, but we all know how our d changed when BB came.... maybe Ryan is for real.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Jets looking good : Well, Peter King talked to Rex Ryan after their game and asked about his showdown with the Patriots next week. Rex' response, "Well, we know they'll be better than us at head coach and quarterback" What a doucher.
    Posted by apdynasty23

Peter King interviewing Rex Ryan? A doucher interviewing a doucher?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rf24fox. Show rf24fox's posts

The Texans are a pretty good team. The Jets just dominated them. That defense scares me as a Pats fan. The Patriot offense has struggled at times against those attacking defenses.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BERNIENH. Show BERNIENH's posts

I agree with Kmax. The Texans played like a High School team.

Last year it was Sage Rosenfells that did the helicopter fumble and let Indy win after they were down by 20 some points.

Speaking of Indy, I see they sucked out another 2 point win against a sucky team.

Belichick will know how to scheme those over anxious Jets defensive players.

We just need to protect Brady!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from trollslayer. Show trollslayer's posts

I agree with kmax, any team can be made to look good....the texans are horrible. We'll see how the jets are next week

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Posted by rf24fox

Pats have to worry about the bills first.  That being said, Ryan is going to blitz like crazy....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

The Texans are a pretty good team. The Jets just dominated them. That defense scares me as a Pats fan. The Patriot offense has struggled at times against those attacking defenses.
    Posted by rf24fox

I agree. Jets are also missing Pace and Ellis, both suspended. At full strength they could be dominant. Maybe not against the Pats, but definitely a new competitive force in the division.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

"The Texans are a pretty good team"

What are you basing this statement on?  Because a few moronic talking heads said so or because of the Texans ability to make the play-offs year after year?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Jets looked good, but the Texans looked out of sync. They Jets brought more people to blitz than the Texans had on the line. The Texans, like we Patriots fans, underestimated the Jets' D. The Pats' OL is better than the Texans' OL but it's going to be a good game in Jersey. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

A series of quick slants and effective screens will take away a blitz stategy pretty quickly. Remember the days when Moss would turn a 7-10 yard slant into a 70 yard TD in Minnesota? That was why. Add in Welker, Baker and a fast #3 receiver, not to mention two running backs with great screen histories (Taylor & Faulk), and a heavy blitz package could spell a quick 14 or 21 point deficit for the Jets.

Let's take care of the Bills first, though. Tough duo to cover in Owens/Evans.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

A series of quick slants and effective screens will take away a blitz stategy pretty quickly. Remember the days when Moss would turn a 7-10 yard slant into a 70 yard TD in Minnesota? That was why. Add in Welker, Baker and a fast #3 receiver, not to mention two running backs with great screen histories (Taylor & Faulk), and a heavy blitz package could spell a quick 14 or 21 point deficit for the Jets. Let's take care of the Bills first, though. Tough duo to cover in Owens/Evans.
    Posted by markes8336

Even though every one forgot about him, you add the fast Watson and you have another weapon to deal with on this high powered offense. This offense is better than the '07 version. It's designed to counter the blitz and beat you on the floor and in the air. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Hey24fox obvious where ur loyality lies and it not with the Patriots . Stop the handwringing you don't fool us!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Jets looking good : Even though every one forgot about him, you add the fast Watson and you have another weapon to deal with on this high powered offense. This offense is better than the '07 version. It's designed to counter the blitz and beat you on the floor and in the air. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

I agree. When it comes to the offense, the only things that MAY hurt us against the Jets would be a) chemistry and b) any mental hurdles Brady is having to cross early in the season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

Hey24fox obvious where ur loyality lies and it not with the Patriots . Stop the handwringing you don't fool us!!!
    Posted by NEGAME

The Jets did look pretty good. But it is week 1, so it is somewhat rash to be jumping on any team based on 1 game...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rf24fox. Show rf24fox's posts

How am I being disloyal by saying that the Jets should be a tough test for the Patriots next week?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

Jets did look good, no doubt, but do they scare me? i dont think so...
    First of all: Texans had thier #2 WR out, which means it made it easier to double andre. We have Moss, Welker, Galloway (hopefully better than the preseason).
    2) Texans O-Line looked like a mess. I did not watch many Texans game, but i pressume from the offensive #'s they racked up that it was way better last year. The center kept getting pushed aside by jenkins on every highlight. I dont see that happening that much. The pats did well against jenkins last year. 
    3) When you blitz as many times as they did, all it takes is 1 or 2 big plays to put the game close to being out of reach, meaning sanchez will b passing more. He looked decent, nothing spectacular, but not bad... but i dont think he'll be able to lead the jets if there is a 14-0 early deficit...
    4) Pats are better in every way over the texans, QB, WR1-3, OLine + Defense. 
    5) Looking forward to seeing rex ryan eat his words...

Sections
Shortcuts