Jets looking good

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Jets looking good

The Texans were 8-8 last year.  That's hardly great, but hardly Detroit either.  Always respect your enemy/opponent.  The first time you don't it will bite you.  I would wager that when the Pats beat up on the Jets, it will not be because they didn't pay them any respect.  

The Jets looked good and it's the first game of the season.  They might have a bunch of games like that this season or this might be their one and only.  I think a new coach with a new QB (albeit rookie) have a little bit going for them as well.  What film do you study to prepare for them that's worth a hoot?  Once other teams have a half-dozen games to study, it will be revealed how good they are.

In any case, they will not be better than us.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

In Response to Jets looking good:
    [QUOTE]Even though I hate the Jets more than anyone, you've got to admit that they looked really good this afternoon. I give Rex a lot of credit. This team has a real chance of making the playoffs and maybe beyond with that defense and with how Sanchez and co. moved the football especially on third down.
    Posted by rf24fox[/QUOTE]

It's far more a case of how bad the Texans were rather than how good the Jets were. Houston is famous for not adjusting in-game, and it bite them in the a** big time tonight when they didn't adjust to heavy pressure Ryan brought up the middle with Jenkins on 2nd wave blitz. When Jenkins motioned to hybrid LB (2nd wave), Schaub should have recognized and configured OL on snap to go hot throw or sight adjustment which is how you beat inside blitz. Instead, he tried to beat the rush which is a losing proposition.

Sanchez was whacko the first half with some pretty bad throws that should have been INT's. His 2nd half was better but again Texans did not adjust, I personally would have had the will spy Sanchez and check his motion and bring lateral blitzing to confuse and collapse pocket because Sanchez is good with running throws and you spy to stop that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Come on fellow Pats fans, hate the Jets all you want, but give credit where is due.  The Jets had a very impressive victory against a decent NFL team.  I don't see them as any threat to the Pats, but after watching the Phins game, they should have no problem with 2nd place in the AFC east.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

My vote goes to Sanchez.  He moved the ball well for what I thought would be a pretty one dimensional offense.  Hopefully, Bill won't make him look like a super star next week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: Jets looking good:
    [QUOTE]"The Texans are a pretty good team" What are you basing this statement on?  Because a few moronic talking heads said so or because of the Texans ability to make the play-offs year after year?
    Posted by Kmax[/QUOTE]

Kmax...

This is a very tough team to beat in Texas. I hope we do not discover this fact when we go down there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]A series of quick slants and effective screens will take away a blitz stategy pretty quickly. Remember the days when Moss would turn a 7-10 yard slant into a 70 yard TD in Minnesota? That was why. Add in Welker, Baker and a fast #3 receiver, not to mention two running backs with great screen histories (Taylor & Faulk), and a heavy blitz package could spell a quick 14 or 21 point deficit for the Jets. Let's take care of the Bills first, though. Tough duo to cover in Owens/Evans.
    Posted by markes8336[/QUOTE]

Until you mentioned the name "Baker", I was with you. Are we going to rely on Baker?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]Come on fellow Pats fans, hate the Jets all you want, but give credit where is due.  The Jets had a very impressive victory against a decent NFL team.  I don't see them as any threat to the Pats, but after watching the Phins game, they should have no problem with 2nd place in the AFC east.
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

These posts by our fans ripping the JESTS are as bad as a Yankee fan posting that the Sox are no good and not a worry.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

This week's opponent is the Buffalo Bills.