Jets make offer to Taylor

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Re: Jets make offer to Taylor

In Response to Re: Jets make offer to Taylor:
    In Response to Re: Jets make offer to Taylor : It doesn't work that way. The only thing outside of money that fuels Taylor's desire to remain in South Florida is his kid(s). That said, he'll go to any team that is willing to pay a 36-year old DE significant money. That's assuming the Phins no longer want him, which might be the case.
    Posted by CubanPete

i would generally agree that it doesnt work that way...but jason taylor is one of the few guys who sticks to his word...and as a die hard phins fan...ive never heard him say anything that wasnt true...i think his feelings are hurt that the phins havent contacted him yet but after the draft...his burning desire will be to give the orange and teal another shot

and for what its worth...i hope the phins dont pay him anymore than kicker money either...and if he has to go elsewhere to get more money than that...than so be it...but his tank is running on empty and so is his desire

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Jets make offer to Taylor : i would generally agree that it doesnt work that way...but jason taylor is one of the few guys who sticks to his word...and as a die hard phins fan...ive never heard him say anything that wasnt true...i think his feelings are hurt that the phins havent contacted him yet but after the draft...his burning desire will be to give the orange and teal another shot and for what its worth...i hope the phins dont pay him anymore than kicker money either...and if he has to go elsewhere to get more money than that...than so be it...but his tank is running on empty and so is his desire
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

You do know that he was hurt last year, right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Jets make offer to Taylor : You do know that he was hurt last year, right?
    Posted by m1021us

yeah...he had a bum shoulder...still doesnt mean that he is a 10 sack per season guy anymore completely healthy, nor does it mean he can remain healthy for an entire season...you can see it in his body language and also in the amount of other offers a future hall of famer is getting from the rest of the league...the guy is about as close to "done" as it gets for someone who hasnt said the words...yet

i think he has too much professional pride and interest beyond the game of football to not only be a declining football player, but a declining football player who used his body up

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Jets make offer to Taylor : yeah...he had a bum shoulder...still doesnt mean that he is a 10 sack per season guy anymore completely healthy, nor does it mean he can remain healthy for an entire season...you can see it in his body language and also in the amount of other offers a future hall of famer is getting from the rest of the league...the guy is about as close to "done" as it gets for someone who hasnt said the words...yet i think he has too much professional pride and interest beyond the game of football to not only be a declining football player, but a declining football player who used his body up
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Given how interested he is to stay home and how he dissed the Pats in the process, it is smarter for teams to wait until the draft and how the shoulder is healing before making any offers.....Sure he is aging, but he is still better than average.