Jets making the right moves in the AFC East?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

Jets making the right moves in the AFC East?

Holmes was a steal for a fifth round pick. Cromartie will likely have a monster year with Revis on the other side of the field.  Yes, LT is older, but still has a knowledge of how to get into the end zone.  Seems like the Jets want be #1 in New York for once.  They have picked up some proven players with some issues.

Maybe there season will still rest on Sanchez's shoulders, but it seems there will be less pressure this year.  He will have more room for error with a strong defense, and even better running game, than last year.

Can the Patriots expect to compete, or will this year be just a sit still season?  They haven't made many moves yet.  I guess we'll see after the draft.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: Jets making the right moves in the AFC East?

On the surface, I would say that the Jets are making good moves.  My preliminary assessment is that the acquisitions are good fits for their system, which is simpler and gives the players more leeway/responsibility to win matchups in a straightup mano-y-mano situation whereas the Patriots prefer complex schemes.

There are a LOT of personalities in that locker room, though.  I wonder what would happen if everything doesn't go according to plan/expectation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: Jets making the right moves in the AFC East?:
    There are a LOT of personalities in that locker room, though.  I wonder what would happen if everything doesn't go according to plan/expectation.
    Posted by NickC1188

Here's a tweet from Revis: "Wow we got holmes this is crazy. We makin big moves this off-season. Putting the pieces together to get closer to that superbowl ring."

Looks like expectations are already pretty high in their locker room. They are going to be so hyped up this offseason their locker room will fall apart if the start to struggle in any way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In Response to Jets making the right moves in the AFC East?:
    Holmes was a steal for a fifth round pick. Cromartie will likely have a monster year with Revis on the other side of the field.  Yes, LT is older, but still has a knowledge of how to get into the end zone.  Seems like the Jets want be #1 in New York for once.  They have picked up some proven players with some issues. Maybe there season will still rest on Sanchez's shoulders, but it seems there will be less pressure this year.  He will have more room for error with a strong defense, and even better running game, than last year. Can the Patriots expect to compete, or will this year be just a sit still season?  They haven't made many moves yet.  I guess we'll see after the draft.
    Posted by jmmyslinski

To me it seems the Jets have gotten stronger and the Pats have sat still. I can't understand why so many Pats fans that post on here are so confident in pinning their hopes on the draft. BB's record in the draft lately has been abysmal. Besides that the draft is a slow way of building your team. Pats at the moment are going to struggle bigtime to beat the Jets and Dolphins for the division. What the hell are BB and Kraft waiting for? Brady is only going to be around for so long and they need to add a few pieces to the puzzle to take advantage again of having him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

The Jets are making moves up to now I'd say laterally or in the case of LT lesser.  What Revis is really saying is "yea we are making a splash." ...Be careful what you dive into.

Holmes is a great pickup, can someone get him the ball??? Can he keep put of troubl??? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Hold the phone there may be a little more than the 5th was involved...like Leon Washington.... Consider the mucky source.

Mike Florio PFT:  There are rumors flying in the wake of the trade that sent receiver Santonio Holmes from the Steelers to the Jets that the compensation package includes both a fifth-round draft pick and running back Leon Washington.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

They've made a lot of moves but you can't translate that directly into wins and losses. There have been so many teams throughout the years in Baseball and football that have done this and on most occasions the team is either equal to or marginally better than the year before. My feeling is that the Jets will finish with the same record as last year with maybe the difference of 1 win or loss. The Jets should also have a tougher schedule to play this year than they did last year. With this many personalities on the team and a cry baby head coach, let's see what happens if they go into a little 3 game slump and the fingers start pointing. Let them get their expectations nice and high. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Brad, Lately, regarding the BB drafts would include last year and I am thrilled with last years draft.  In 2 more years come back to me and we can discuss that and this years drafts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Holmes was a steal for a fifth round pick. Cromartie will likely have a monster year with Revis on the other side of the field.  Yes, LT is older, but still has a knowledge of how to get into the end zone.  Seems like the Jets want be #1 in New York for once.  They have picked up some proven players with some issues. Maybe there season will still rest on Sanchez's shoulders, but it seems there will be less pressure this year.  He will have more room for error with a strong defense, and even better running game, than last year. Can the Patriots expect to compete, or will this year be just a sit still season?  They haven't made many moves yet.  I guess we'll see after the draft.
    Posted by jmmyslinski

LOL!  I have yet to understand how a team downgrades their Running game can have a better running game.....Wow.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Jets making the right moves in the AFC East?:

In Response to Jets making the right moves in the AFC East? : To me it seems the Jets have gotten stronger and the Pats have sat still. I can't understand why so many Pats fans that post on here are so confident in pinning their hopes on the draft. BB's record in the draft lately has been abysmal. Besides that the draft is a slow way of building your team. Pats at the moment are going to struggle bigtime to beat the Jets and Dolphins for the division. What the hell are BB and Kraft waiting for? Brady is only going to be around for so long and they need to add a few pieces to the puzzle to take advantage again of having him.
    Posted by Brad34

What amazes me is all the Pink hats on here crying about the Jests moves after 1 day of free agency.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

This is an interesting situation the Jets have created in the AFC East. Are they the best as of right now??? I am not ready to say yes but they have certainly added tallent. My question is..."Is it a collection of tallented players?... or a Team?" I never see these things work out in the past and especially when you look at these players they have brought in they are tallented but have had issues character or additude wise.  There is always the chance bringing one of those type players in will work out...Alla Dillon, and then later Moss but to have to many Alla Moss, A. Thomas can turn the locker room inside out.  I don't think it will work out but we will see. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Boy the negative posts about BB's drafts still pop up and it drives me crazy.  You remove the one stinker he has had 2008 where he got just one player of quality Jerod Mayo and the rest of his drafts were full of players who started or provided quality depth. And dont go saying 2007 was a stinker also because it brought only Meriweather because we all know they used picks to bring Welker and Moss into the fold. None of us (I would hope) would make a case we could have added comperable tallent with those picks.

Yes along the way we missed on tallent drafting "busts" instead of players who have become good players but we have also hit on several late picks most notably Tom Brady. So lets drop this... the draft is solid when you hit on a third of your picks and the Patriots are in the mix percentage wise.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

What ever anyones opinion the facts are simple, the Jets may have a coach no one likes but he is doing a pretty good job at making moves and its going to be a very interresting year to say the least. Lets hope BB can get some very worthy draft picks and some key players added to the Patriots. We can all joke about the Jets but they are going to be a very good team to say the least.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

this is rediculous.... it looks like Rex is tryna make his team fatter ever since his lipo sergery.... the jets r garbage losers cant wait till they implode.. ill be the 1st to order it on ppv :D

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Someone else posted that there are now a lot of personalities in that lockerroom, and some questionable character guys.  A compilation of talent on the Jets roster, yes.  But all the talent in the world does not a team make.  They will either mesh and this will be a good team or they will be at eachothers' throats when the losing happens.   

I'm sure as soon as Plaxico Burress is released from prison he will find a home with the Jets.  The Jets are turning into "Raiders east" where anyone who has talent and baggage has a landing spot.     

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Holmes was a steal for a fifth round pick. Cromartie will likely have a monster year with Revis on the other side of the field. 
    Posted by jmmyslinski

You're drunk, and one of your team's players has whacked you in the head.  Holmes, Cromartie, Edwards, take your pick. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Until the Jets fix their passing game, they are going nowhere.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Too many bad apples being brought into the Big Apple in my opinion. You know the saying... One bad apple spoils the bunch and with all the bad apples they have it might just spoil their hopes for a championship. I am selling, not buying as they say on PTI.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Posted by jmmyslinski

Didn't Sanchez throw twice as many INTs as TDs last year? Unless they get Big Ben from Pittsburgh it looks like the Jets will just have a lot of frustrated receivers.