Jets might let Cromartie leave via FA, and are repotedly interested in Asamougha.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Jets might let Cromartie leave via FA, and are repotedly interested in Asamougha.

Citing sources, NFL Network's Mike Lombardi reports that the Jets plan to let free agent CB Antonio Cromartie walk this offseason.

According to Lombardi, the Jets are more focused on re-signing Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards. GM Mike Tannenbaum made it clear he wasn't thrilled with Cromartie's postseason remarks about Tom Brady, the NFL, and the NFLPA, and the Jets may be interested in free agent Nnamdi Asomugha. Ironically, Cromartie could appeal to the Raiders with a ridiculous size/speed combination. He also excels in press-man schemes like Oakland's.

I don't want to see Revis and Nnamdi in the same team. Will be nightmare for opposing QBs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Re: Jets might let Cromartie leave via FA, and are repotedly interested in Asamougha.

not to mention the GM of that team trying to keep 2 100 million $ DB's and still have enough money for the rest of the team.  It is not going to happen the YETS will be in a cap hell.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Re: Jets might let Cromartie leave via FA, and are repotedly interested in Asamougha.

Nnamdi will be a Jet if he takes a serious pay cut.  My guess is he will go to the Cowboys.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Lol if the Jets let Cromartie walk beautiful they have zero corners after Revis. 

We have corners to stop Holmes, and Edwards. I hope they try to sign Nnamdi because they will fail. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Be interesting to see what the cap will be once the CBA gets resolved. Really can't see it getting resolved without a cap. Plus to see where all the teams stand as far as current salaries and how many teams will be over that set cap amount.

Read in a couple articles if the CBA doesn't get resolved close to or into the season that there will be no free agents and all current free agents are to just report to their 2010 team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

what do u mean reportedly? did u guys not herar revis and ryan confirm what nmandi blabbed about them having 3-way conversations? he said it was a fait accompli that he was going to be joining revis! he is going to NY, they have the money.. no way cromatie goes back.. that will be a tough tandem for brady to dominate! forget about going to the sidelines..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thought the Jets were going to be in salary cap hell, how can they be interested in Asamougha? Plus resign Edwards and Holmes?

It's simple...there is no salary cap hell, you just have to spend it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

It's just a rumor at this point, but I shudder to think what would happen if Rex does pull the rabbit out of the hat. Two shut down corners! Got to run the ball like it was 1960s!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Please someone explain how the Jets could tie up 2 CBs that would eat up a 1/4 of your cap?  They have other needs, I'd bet that Asamougha is a pipe dream.  Can't understand why they'd let Cromartie walk.  He seems to fit what they do.  Could it be *gulp* that they didn't like his churlish behavior and are tired of his act?  He has future Raider written all over him if the Jets let him walk.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

After knowing Asa talked with both Revis and Rex if they do end up signing Asa they got the Jets nailed for tampering. No way grandad Al lets that go by without making a huge stink. Not to mention how much face Goodell would lose if he let the top CB in the game be tampered and signed wih his favorite team. Just don't see it happening

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Sitting back and waiting for tenacioust to chime in on this one.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

So let me get this straight the Jets dont have enough money to sign all their players they need to but they can replace those guys with more expensive options in free agency.....interesting.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

In Response to Re: Jets might let Cromartie leave via FA, and are repotedly interested in Asamougha.:
    [QUOTE]So let me get this straight the Jets dont have enough money to sign all their players they need to but they can replace those guys with more expensive options in free agency.....interesting.
    Posted by tenacioust[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! Best poster EVER. This guy's a beast!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

ARe some of you guys still taking this seriously? 

The Jets have barley enough room to sign back Holmes and Edwards lol. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

They are forced to choose between Cromartie and Edwards/Holmes, in some combination, yet they are going to get last year's highest paid defender just like that.

Doubtful.

Even if they did it, the rest of their team would decay around Asomugha and Revis.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

I think you guys discount this far too easily.  Sure we have 20 guys without contracts for next year but only about 6 of them are going to take much money.  Of the 6, 4 of them were starters last year(5 and 3 if you dont consider harris since he has already been franchised).

You should also consider that a few of our guys will be restructured/cut and create cap room.  You all are familiar with our spectacular #6 pick from a few years ago Ghoulston.  He will save us some money.  Woodey will most likely be cut, Jenkins and LT may be reworked.  There is a lot more wiggle room than you expect and I would not count anything out especially when there is no CBA and for next year at the moment.

Add to this the fact that tannenbaum has done more with less in the last couple of years and we will be okay in 2011 if there is football to be played.  In short I expect to hear another year of Rusty talking about how the Jets window is this year or bust, kind of a recurring theme for him...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I think it's funny they think they can afford him and think it makes sense to put over 40 million into the CB position in the cap era NFL, especially when it's highly likely the cap will be very strict out of the gate in the next CBA deal.

It's even funnier NY traded a 2nd rd pick in 2011 for Cromartie, whom they either have to walk away from or overpay as he remains unemployed with no health insurance for his babies.

So, NY has no 2nd rd pick in 2011.  lol

I see Al Davis going crazy and again overpaying Asamougha.

The reason why Holmes and Edwards need to be resigned is because they don't trust Sanchez to develop with 1 or 2 new WRs.  He's bordering on wasting another season under his pricey rookie deal, so they have no choice but to overpay for both Edwards and Holmes. 

So, expect them to overpay for each and let Cromartie walk, hoping Kyle "Shrimpy" Wilson can pretend to hold down the other side.

Should be funny watching them scramble with no CBA, no 2nd rd draft pick and the annual 1st draft pick botch job late in the 1st rd.

lol!

It's funny watching the Radiers and Jets from afar.   They think PSLs and gimmicks win SBs.

Thank god we have BB and Kraft, as each understood this possible lockout mess, locked down the prime veteran players (Wilfork, Brady and Bodden) before the possible lock out and drafted like mad in 2009 and 2010, setting up very reasonably priced rookies out of what will be another great draft in 2011.

We are lucky.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Who knows, nothing but rank speculation. However, it is the bottom of the off-season, so its to be expected.

However these things I do know. we play the YETS twice a season and whoever their corners are, the PATS offense will have to compete against them.  For all the fear expressed by some PATS fans, I actually think that as fans, we should welcome the challenge. 

Why do we watch?  Is it because we just want to see domination all the time, or is because we like good competition and beating good competition?  It should be the latter.  We should want the YETS to be a good they can potentially be and then we should want our team to go out and kick their hindmost quarters twice a season, like it used to be, instead of once a season, excluding play-off games, as it has been for a while now.  That's what I want.  Yeah your team is great but we still beat you.  I want that.  No fear.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I like the fact NE is contiuning to trend upwards as they explode back onto the field in 2011 with more youth, more experience and about as much depth as one could hope for, which they'll need.

NY has peaked and their poor drafts and another likely weak draft in 2011 will eventually do them in for the forseeable future under the new CBA.

Their holes will now be even more exposed.

Their team overachieving when they are supposed to actually win the SB, is what I find comical even if they are better than what they once were.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

In Response to Re: Jets might let Cromartie leave via FA, and are repotedly interested in Asamougha.:
    [QUOTE]I think you guys discount this far too easily.  Sure we have 20 guys without contracts for next year but only about 6 of them are going to take much money.  Of the 6, 4 of them were starters last year(5 and 3 if you dont consider harris since he has already been franchised). You should also consider that a few of our guys will be restructured/cut and create cap room.  You all are familiar with our spectacular #6 pick from a few years ago Ghoulston.  He will save us some money.  Woodey will most likely be cut, Jenkins and LT may be reworked.  There is a lot more wiggle room than you expect and I would not count anything out especially when there is no CBA and for next year at the moment. Add to this the fact that tannenbaum has done more with less in the last couple of years and we will be okay in 2011 if there is football to be played.  In short I expect to hear another year of Rusty talking about how the Jets window is this year or bust, kind of a recurring theme for him...
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

Got that wish thing all worked out don't ya?  Can you spell speculation?  Because that's all your post is, along with all the other draft, contract threads and comments here. 

The YETS team make up for the next season is a very cloudy picture and in in your green heart of hearts you know that's true. This was your year, not next. Doesn't mean it won't happen for YETS fans but you guys loaded up for this year just passed. Now its restructure, pizz players off doing it, get rid of old team favorites, messing with the the locker room environment and team cohesion.  

For YETS fans the next season, whenever it will be, will be a big question mark, maybe good maybe not, kind of like the PATS season this year, where expectations were low to middling and yet the wins did come.  The PATS on the other hand now have a much younger, faster base for the team that is now more veteran, experienced and mostly all signed and ready to go. Doesn't mean we don't have issues to solve but they aren't as daunting as those facing YETS management. As a PATS fan, of course I hope they screw it up but....  We will see what we will see.  Nu?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

Actually,

if there is no CBA agreement, it may work out well for the Jets ( or teams with many Free agents for that matter).  If there is a partial lockout for say 3-4 games.  There is no free agency during this period and players have to stay with their current teams.

If this happens, how can the NFL enforce some kind of Cap.  Since there really was no time to make any free agency movement.  But then again, it could be that the NFL says this is the cap and you need to now cut players regardless.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Russ, he sounds scared to me. I don't blame him, I just don't see that team staying together. I'm not saying they'll completely suk but they won't field what they had last year. There's just not enough room left in the boat after Ryan.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Love the photo, too. Very appropos.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

okay des, I get it, it is all speculation.  I understand that this year more than any in recent years it is just speculation.  I was just making a simple point that might be taken by a reasonable football fan.

All the hype about the Jets team blowing up during and after this year is pretty much Rustys wet dream. Not much more credibility than that.  The base of my offense is my run game and line.  Both of those are rock solid next year.  That should not be undersold here.  My run defense is back for another year.  Only person that is unrestricted is teh big cat ellis.  he is 33 I think and wont take much to resign imo.  We also have big jenks in the middle coming back.  Que the real speculation that he will get hurt again next year...

Sam adams, get your hearing checked or maybe just pull rustys chahk out of it because nobody is scared over here.  I just decided to enlighted you on what those holes that rusty is dreaming about every night actually were.  look out sammy...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Actually, if there is no CBA agreement, it may work out well for the Jets ( or teams with many Free agents for that matter).  If there is a partial lockout for say 3-4 games.  There is no free agency during this period and players have to stay with their current teams. If this happens, how can the NFL enforce some kind of Cap.  Since there really was no time to make any free agency movement.  But then again, it could be that the NFL says this is the cap and you need to now cut players regardless.
    Posted by patswirelessfan[/QUOTE]

Dude, they won't get paid, though.  They just won't play and then the scabs come in.

There is no way these multi millionaires will play without a paycheck, they just won't leave their team officially.

Two different things.

Once that CBA expires, they won't get paychecks and won't have health insurance.

Also, if it is true many of the top flight players are truly living paycheck to paycheck having already spent their earnings so fast or spent beyond their means, these guys will be selling a lot of merchandise to get by.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]okay des, I get it, it is all speculation.  I understand that this year more than any in recent years it is just speculation.  I was just making a simple point that might be taken by a reasonable football fan. All the hype about the Jets team blowing up during and after this year is pretty much Rustys wet dream. Not much more credibility than that.  The base of my offense is my run game and line.  Both of those are rock solid next year.  That should not be undersold here.  My run defense is back for another year.  Only person that is unrestricted is teh big cat ellis.  he is 33 I think and wont take much to resign imo.  We also have big jenks in the middle coming back.  Que the real speculation that he will get hurt again next year... Sam adams, get your hearing checked or maybe just pull rustys chahk out of it because nobody is scared over here.  I just decided to enlighted you on what those holes that rusty is dreaming about every night actually were.  look out sammy...
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

Show us an example, even in the pre cap era, where an approach like the Jets worked and won a team a SB.

Go ahead.

Let's see how well you know your history and how much you think you know about economics and team building philosophies.

You think it's a flat out mystery as to why older owners like Al Davis, Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder have failed with it, yet people with brains see it as a proven, failed model.

Well......We're waiting!

Sections
Shortcuts