Jets might let Cromartie leave via FA, and are repotedly interested in Asamougha.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Re: Jets might let Cromartie leave via FA, and are repotedly interested in Asamougha.

Sounds like you guys are the ones with question marks.  You better get a solid line in front of your golden boy you just paid all that money to.  the book is out on brady, hit him and hit him hard.  No line and no running backs, you will need those picks to fill holes.  Next year you will be talking, again, about how young your team is and how this team is going to get better. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Jets might let Cromartie leave via FA, and are repotedly interested in Asamougha.

No, the book is, don't use the shotgun or spread almost exlusively.

I don't care if it's the 1983 Skins O Line, being one dimensional or predictable during a game with playcalling will hurt any offense.

See, if you knew the game, you'd know this.

Brady had plenty of time most of the passing plays, but his options were covered.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Rusty, I will show you next year, okies???

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

No.  Show us now.  This is the only leg you have to stand on, otherwise your arrgoance is the premise of NY will be the first team to knee jerk a team together to win a SB.

Guess what?

Ain't happening, especially with a deep crop in the AFC, improving teams elsewhere and NE in your way in the division.

The Jets may not even make the playoffs next year. They barely made it this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Jets might let Cromartie leave via FA, and are repotedly interested in Asamougha.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets might let Cromartie leave via FA, and are repotedly interested in Asamougha. : By trending upwards, do you mean losing their only playoff games the last two years?  The Patriots, in reality, have done as much as all the teams that couldn't make the playoffs.  Another gem from rusty pinkhat.  Jets don't trust Sanchez to develop with 2 new WRs?  Let's see, added Holes and Tomlinson last year (over 50 catches each, Holmes in 12 games) and added Edwards during the season the year before.  Yep, the guy can't play with new targets.  What an idiot you are!  Every time you post, it is just more nonsense. I've told you this a hundred times and I'll tell you again.  Just because you want something to be true, it does not make it true.  The Jets retooled on the fly two years ago and have done very well with a new coach, 11-15 new starters, a young QB and all that pressure they brought on themselves that you guaranteed would make them implode.  It does not take 3 years to rebuild. The fact that you cannot handle that your precious patsies were the national consensus favorite this year going into the playoffs and got beat by the sixth seed is hilarious.  Get over it, the Jets were the better team and they will be again.   And just like you did the last two years, you can continue to predict their demise for this reason or that reason and how they are in salary cap trouble (just like last year and the year before) or how they can't possibly replace their FAs (like you said they couldn't replace Faneca, Jones, Sheppard, Leon) The truth is, it is very simple to remake an NFL roster, especailly when you have 4 or 5 young excellent core players locked up for a few years.  The other pieces are just cogs.      
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

The facts remain this:

1. NE improved across the board from 2009 to 2010.

This means they are trending UP.

Every single aspect improved: Defense, Offense, Special Teams, stability, experience, speed, youth, etc.

2. NE has 6 picks in the top 100 selections in the draft. By odds alone, this means they will yet again come out of the draft with at worst, a B+ draft. This will be their 3rd straight good or GREAT draft.

3. NE's schedule will be easier in 2011 than it was in 2010.

4. In 2011, NE will have more experience than they have had since 2008.

5. NE will be yet again be a landing spot for FAs who complement this youth movement.

The Jets meanwhile, have anywhere from 5-10 vital free agents or 10-20 complementary players they simply cannot keep.  And this was the main flaw with Tannenboob's approach going into 2008 and 2009.

It started with knee jerking Favre.  Then he did with way too many FAs all at once.  The list proves this. This is why they are all up for FA now or too expensive or old going into the new CBA.

I warned of this and you still don't get it.

And no 2nd rd draft pick in 2011. This is what happened to Carolina. 

The Jets are looking at their 3rd straight mediocre, if not flat out, bad draft. lol!

Yes, this means NY is really cornering the market on team building. Tears!

Not to mention, these FAs, anywhere from 12-20 players, whom they counted on to peak in 2010, are looking for a raise.  lol

NE will have selected TWICE the amount as NY in the draft by the end of the 3rd rd.  lol!!

Only an idiot would proclaim that NE is not trending up.  You're an idiot, hence why you try to self-brainwash yourself with this premise.

You like to deny facts and then not use any facts to rebuke facts. This is because you never graduated high school and never learned how to back up what your opinion is.

Your fault, not anyone else's.

Also, learn how to use a paragraph some day.  It might make you look like you have a clue here. lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

we had just as much of a chanch to win the SB last year as the pack and steelers.  We played a terrible half of football and that was the end of our chance at the trophy last year.  We are going to reload and take another shot.  Simple as that so lets not overcomplicate it.  I know enough about football that if you dominate physically and protect the football your chances of winning are pretty good.  You guys tried to get all cute with the spread offense to keep our blitz in check but that didnt work so well did it.

As far as Brady having time on most passing plays, that is fine but if you hit him early and hit him hard he seems to get rid of the ball faster or think he needs to get rid of the ball faster and well, you dont need to have pressure only have the QB think he has pressure.  Do you understand that or should I type slower?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

That was on Bill O'Brien.  I wouldn't expect the stars to align like that for you again, though.

This is sort of the point.

Your team peaked and blew it.

You aren't heading to 3 straight AFC title games. The fact you think this will happen illustrates your delusion and arrogance all warpped into one, which is really the Jets fan's problem.

One was a fluke, this last one was a last ditch effort to make it.

It's over.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Cromartie leaves, Taylor is not resigned and only one of Holmes and Edwards is signed. Probably Holmes. Harris signs the franchise tender and the Jets still have to decide what to do with LT, Woody and Jenkins. Asamougha will want as much or more money than Revis. If that is the case than the Jets could tie up 25-30 million (a season) on two defensive players (excluding Harris' franchise deal). If they managed to keep all the players on the 2010 roster (excluding Baby Papa) they would be in cap hell for years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Rusty, you should read des' post about speculation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

In Response to Re: Jets might let Cromartie leave via FA, and are repotedly interested in Asamougha.:
    [QUOTE]Cromartie leaves, Taylor is not resigned and only one of Holmes and Edwards is signed. Probably Holmes. Harris signs the franchise tender and the Jets still have to decide what to do with LT, Woody and Jenkins. Asamougha will want as much or more money than Revis. If that is the case than the Jets could tie up 25-30 million (a season) on two defensive players (excluding Harris' franchise deal). If they managed to keep all the players on the 2010 roster (excluding Baby Papa) they would be in cap hell for years.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

25-30 million is a lot closer than the 40 million rusty trombone was throwing around earlier.  I admit that is a lot to pay your corners but you could basically put 9 men in the box and dare a qb to throw.  You could save a ton of money on the rest of the D(outside of harris and scott who already have contracts in theory).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Whodrip,

Do you know what the difference is between speculation and fact?

NY has no 2nd rd draft pick.

NE has 6 picks in the top 100.

These are facts.  I am not going to repeat the other facts, but you are flat out retarded if you state NY is in better shape than NE heading into 2011.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]That was on Bill O'Brien.  I wouldn't expect the stars to align like that for you again, though. This is sort of the point. Your team peaked and blew it. You aren't heading to 3 straight AFC title games. The fact you think this will happen illustrates your delusion and arrogance all warpped into one, which is really the Jets fan's problem. One was a fluke, this last one was a last ditch effort to make it. It's over.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

you would have thought i was delusional if i told you when we got rex we would go to the AFC championship game each of his first 2 years as HC. you thought I was delusional when I told you that we would kick your buttocks last year.  you were so sure we would implode.  now you predict that we cannot field a competitive team with a salary cap in place that doesnt even exist at the time of this post.  who is delusional?  open your eyes man!!!!  you will have to deal with the jets for the forseeable future.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

The Jets didn't kick the Pats butts. They split and NY eeked out a win in the playoffs by 7 points.

The 45-3 score was a thrashing, but you drips like to gloss right over that one.

You're whole scale of achievement is so out of whack, this is what your issue is.

You will never see a SB. Ever.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

the draft is more speculative than any other aspect of a football teams operations, no?  You are so sure that your BB hooded genius is a lock with 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. you are riding shotgun in this draft, no doubt, but it does not guarantee your franchises success.  if you would have gotten that guaranteed top 5 pick from oakland like you thought you would be sitting a lot prettier, no?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]The Jets didn't kick the Pats butts. They split and NY eeked out a win in the playoffs by 7 points. The 45-3 score was a thrashing, but you drips like to gloss right over that one. You're whole scale of achievement is so out of whack, this is what your issue is. You will never see a SB. Ever.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I will sign up for those results next year rusty trombone. would you?  I thought so.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I'd rather have #17 in the draft than a 32 year old Seymour at 15 million, if that is what you mean.

At least NE acutally has draft picks and good or great drafts.

lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

[QUOTE]the draft is more speculative than any other aspect of a football teams operations, no?  You are so sure that your BB hooded genius is a lock with 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. you are riding shotgun in this draft, no doubt, but it does not guarantee your franchises success.  if you would have gotten that guaranteed top 5 pick from oakland like you thought you would be sitting a lot prettier, no?
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

Yes, the draft is very speculative, BUT, contrary to what I had thought that we would be worse off with Pioli leaving, the record shows that since he left, his replacements have done an outstanding job with drafting.  So yes, I am very positive on the first 6 picks, much better than if I were to only have 2 picks in rounds 1 through 3 ( and low ones at that).

I was disappointed when I was watching last years draft, but in retrospect, I would have to grade the draft an A with how it turned out and how these rookies were able to contribute.

I would think this year will be even better since if they do use all 6 picks (1st 3 rounds), the probability is pretty high to get some productive players from this draft, or at a minimum, they have the chips to have the flexiblity to trade up/down to improve their position for this years and/or next years draft.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets might let Cromartie leave via FA, and are repotedly interested in Asamougha. : Yes, the draft is very speculative, BUT, contrary to what I had thought that we would be worse off with Pioli leaving, the record shows that since he left, his replacements have done an outstanding job with drafting.  So yes, I am very positive on the first 6 picks, much better than if I were to only have 2 picks in rounds 1 through 3 ( and low ones at that).   I was disappointed when I was watching last years draft, but in retrospect, I would have to grade the draft an A with how it turned out and how these rookies were able to cotribute. I would think this year will be even better since if they do use all 6 picks (1st 3 rounds), the probability is pretty high to get some productive players from this draft, or at a minimum, they have the chips to have the flexiblity to trade up/down to improve their position for this years and/or next years draft.
    Posted by patswirelessfan[/QUOTE]

I thought it takes at least 3 years to grade a draft.  You are riding shotgun in this years draft, i try to be objective although i am a diehard jets fan and admitting that the pats have a positive thing going is tough : P

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Honestly, Rusty, the Jets dominated the playoff game.  I'm a Pats fan, but let's be serious here. The Jets totally trashed our offense in that game, just as they did in the two prior Meadowlands games.  I was very surprised they were able to pull that off in Foxboro (where we had beaten them handily they past two outings), but they did it.  

The Jets are a good, not great, team--but they are built very much to beat the Pats. To beat them consistently we need to get significantly more diverse on offense--with either a more fearsome deep game or (preferably in my mind) a more powerful running game.  The Jets offense doesn't scare me much, but that defense is very much capable of stalling our offense as long as we remain so one-dimensional.  

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Nnamdi will be a Jet if he takes a serious pay cut.  My guess is he will go to the Cowboys.
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats[/QUOTE]

they need d-backs... and have $

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts