Jets might let Cromartie leave via FA, and are repotedly interested in Asamougha.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Re: Jets might let Cromartie leave via FA, and are repotedly interested in Asamougha.

with tannenbaums penchent for trading for talent and signing FAs, stranger things have happened. I agree with your statement that players want to play for Rex but I dont know if any agent would let a player sign a lesser contract to play for the jets.  Especially this CB who is at the top of the list right now, his value can only go down.  On the other hand he has already stated publicly that he wants to play with Revis so this could be his only shot.  Funny that he didnt say he wants to play with McCourtney, the #1 CB in the league(in rusty's mind, of course).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Re: Jets might let Cromartie leave via FA, and are repotedly interested in Asamougha.

In Response to Re: Jets might let Cromartie leave via FA, and are repotedly interested in Asamougha.:
    okay des, I get it, it is all speculation.  I understand that this year more than any in recent years it is just speculation.  I was just making a simple point that might be taken by a reasonable football fan. All the hype about the Jets team blowing up during and after this year is pretty much Rustys wet dream. Not much more credibility than that.  The base of my offense is my run game and line.  Both of those are rock solid next year.  That should not be undersold here.  My run defense is back for another year.  Only person that is unrestricted is teh big cat ellis.  he is 33 I think and wont take much to resign imo.  We also have big jenks in the middle coming back.  Que the real speculation that he will get hurt again next year... Sam adams, get your hearing checked or maybe just pull rustys chahk out of it because nobody is scared over here.  I just decided to enlighted you on what those holes that rusty is dreaming about every night actually were.  look out sammy...
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT

Okay WeDerr, I get it too and to some degree that the SPECULATION about your team blowing up is exactly that. They have to play the games don't they?  Which is why I never make game predictions.  I like to watch the play and I prefer close, intense, well played and coached games though the occasional blow out is nice in order to get some rest. 

However, Woody may be gone, which will affect your run game offense to some degree and the backups are question marks themselves but who knows they may pan out and become all pros.  Not trying to be funny, it could happen I suppose.  Jenkins is not getting any younger and he does appear injury prone, so I would not place too much hope there but if you must.  Your pass rush needs some help, though your coverage does help the rush and you do have one side locked down.  Cromartie is probably not going to return and I see the SPECULATION about Asomugha but until he's on your team I see no need to worry about it.

I think that Holmes will be looking for a big payday and I don't see how that get's done and you do everything else that needs doing but you have an idea on how that happens.  The players may have other ideas, such as dollar signs dancing in their heads. 

It is that time of year when we are all bereft that we have no FB to watch, so we engage in this GM thing and lots of SPECULATION. 

In general, though you are a YETS fan, (forgive my small bit of fan hubris) I think your a serious fan, not a jerk though why you persist in posting here is beyond me but I don't mind.

BBR is the soul of this place, best not to rile him though I know that will fall on deaf ears.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

woody was out for a few games this year and hunter filled in very well for him as far as physically being able to step in. He is a mean dood and backs down from noone.  there might be a little bit of a drop off as to his mental edge.  That fateful play against the steelers on the goal line, hunter was the lineman that tipped off the PA Pass because he was in a 2 point stance.  Anywho, hunter can handle the physical demands of a RT or maybe the house that we drafted in the 2nd round, vladamir ducasse, may be able to step in.  So we have 5 of 5 right now with woody, or 4.5 of 5 with hunter or 4 of 5 with Vlad on our Oline.  I would take any of the above and do not feel a need to address this in the draft or trade.

why do i post here.  that is not a question easily answered....

1. i like being an underdog, prolly why I am a jets fan since I was a boy.
    2. i dont like a decent % of jets forums because they refuse any other fans thoughts by banning or just being total homers.
    3. i am a little off because i like to poke crazy in the eye.
    4. there are some intelligent posters here(too bad they are all jets fans, aww i kid, i kid)
    5. i enjoy the debate and this forum is not short of them
    6. kicking the resident dog of this forum makes me feel better about myself(not to sure if that is true but i do it often enough so i must amirite?)

anyway, we will have to get a pure jets-pats post going and title it "thunderdome beyotch" 2 fans enter, 1 fan leaves : P it would be entertaining for a bit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Jets might let Cromartie leave via FA, and are repotedly interested in Asamougha.:
    Honestly, Rusty, the Jets dominated the playoff game.  I'm a Pats fan, but let's be serious here. The Jets totally trashed our offense in that game, just as they did in the two prior Meadowlands games.  I was very surprised they were able to pull that off in Foxboro (where we had beaten them handily they past two outings), but they did it.   The Jets are a good, not great, team--but they are built very much to beat the Pats. To beat them consistently we need to get significantly more diverse on offense--with either a more fearsome deep game or (preferably in my mind) a more powerful running game.  The Jets offense doesn't scare me much, but that defense is very much capable of stalling our offense as long as we remain so one-dimensional.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

"Dominated"?

No. Baltimore dominated NE in 2009.

NE handed the game away and by each mistake they made, it gave NY confidence.

We must have watched a different game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Jets might let Cromartie leave via FA, and are repotedly interested in Asamougha. : 25-30 million is a lot closer than the 40 million rusty trombone was throwing around earlier.  I admit that is a lot to pay your corners but you could basically put 9 men in the box and dare a qb to throw.  You could save a ton of money on the rest of the D(outside of harris and scott who already have contracts in theory).
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT

Revis will make 18 million in 2011 with it possibly being a 25 million dollar payout if he hits his bonuses.

FACT

Asamougha made 15 million last year.

25+15 = 40

Asamgougha would need to take a paycut, which would completely counteract the union stance in the current CBA deal.

See, if you had a brain, you'd look at the entire picture.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

no rusty, i do have a brain and i am looking at cap hit.  that is the picture that we are concerned with, no?  do you care how much $$$ kraft stuffs in TB's pocket or do you care about how much it counts against the cap?  I typed this extra slow so you could follow.   That my friend is the "entire picture".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Please WeeWee there's already one underdog(gggggggg) on here we don't need another.

You think the CBA will get done?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

In Response to Re: Jets might let Cromartie leave via FA, and are repotedly interested in Asamougha. : lol look at tweedle dee and tweedle dumb. Both agreeing on delusions.  What a shock. Gerbils could fly out of your rectum tomorrow, too. Oh wait, you probably already engage in that kind of activity. Enjoy!
    Posted by BBReigns

you have a very vivid imagination dood.  a fact that is not lost in many of your posts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

you are stuck with me harley : P

CBA, I dont think it will get done on time.  It will get done eventually though and the season will start on time or with very little delay.  I am not sure what that does to this years FAs and UFAs.  then again I may just think it will get done because I am a fan...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yes, making fun of you means I have a vivid imagination. 

Nice logic you feature, there, Whodrip.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

no rusty, i do have a brain and i am looking at cap hit.  that is the picture that we are concerned with, no?  do you care how much $$$ kraft stuffs in TB's pocket or do you care about how much it counts against the cap?  I typed this extra slow so you could follow.   That my friend is the "entire picture".
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT

What do you do for a living? Let's just cut to the chase right now and see just how bright you think you are.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

I didn't say you couldn't be here, unlike the homer Jets sites we welcome everyone..lol you just can't be underdog(ggg).  CBA deadline we be missed, 18 games will happen, profits will be adjusted to the owners, rookie pay scale will happen.....this will all go into the fall, I hope I'm wrong.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

I didnt get that the first time, underdog=ud6.  yeah, funny how the commish takes every opportunity to talk about how the fans want the 18 game schedule but I have yet to hear it.  the real gem is when he talks about the 18 games making the games more affordable??? I dont understand that math.  I like the rookie pay scale. profits, i dont care because the players will never see the real books so they could give them half of x or 5/8ths of y and be the same number.  I say we get it done the end of july - early august.  that would give 4 months of lockout right?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

In Response to Re: Jets might let Cromartie leave via FA, and are repotedly interested in Asamougha. : I heard that he is a doctor/lawyer/engineer/accountant/5 star general. That beats you, right.  You're only a 5 star loser (and as you have said, a doctor/lawyer/engineer/accountant)  The reality is 2500 posts/month = unemployed loser.
    Posted by PhatRex

I am one of those 4...I hope I didnt say too much...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

He said "Fact, the jets run defense would be terrible".  something about not being able to set the edge????

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Rusty, i will never give you any information that will make it easier for you to track down at home with my family.  you creep me out man!!!! your avatar and visuals of gerbil loving are not anything i want showing up to my front door.  Best if you just stay away with your knockoff TB blowup doll....
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT

Nice backpedal. Priceless.

As I expected.  Unemployed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Jets might let Cromartie leave via FA, and are repotedly interested in Asamougha. : What a pathetic little homer you are.  You can't even admit that NY flat out beat the patsies.  Ouplayed, outcoached, outclassed. 
    Posted by PhatRex

Outplayed and out-executed, but not "outclassed".  That's almost as funny as the Jets not winning a SB in 40 years.

lol

Still no rings, Phatty. 3-0

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Jets might let Cromartie leave via FA, and are repotedly interested in Asamougha. : Sure did. Did you notice Brady pointing after all of his TD passes?  How about the patsie WRs doing a sad little Jet impersonation.  Maybe I'm thinking of that first playoff game in Decemeber.
    Posted by PhatRex

I don't care who points where. NYJs are littered with low class thugs and the team has no rings and probably never will in this lifetime.

It's been great!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/jets_may_still_hold_on_to_cromartie_zPIzyKxjnQFLbR4OK0UEuO

looks like cro didnt get the memo...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

2001 was an aberration, a miracle season and will never be done again. The Pats upsetting the Rams is arguably the greatest upset in SB history.

The talent discrepancy was enormous.

NE got hot and played masterfully in the postseason. Something the Jets have never done in 40 years. lol

I have explained this to you 100 times

You can either hope to gamble and catch lightning in a bottle like Dan Snyder, Jerry Jones or Al Davis try to do, or you can have a philosophy that allows you to be competitive year in and year out.

I'll take the latter. You like option 1.

Using mostly aging FAs as the bulk your talent pool over and over will not work.

All those veteran names you listed were complementary pieces to a base off in house talent.    They either started and filled a need or were a subpackage player.

They also had a great QB and great coach.  They also drafted well.  You have to have it all work together, not have bits and pieces like the Jets.

The Jets fail with character players, poor drafts to supplement their core, a mediocre head coach and QB and immaturity.

NE had the exact opposite of this while winning SBs.

NE filtered in veterans during the SB run, but the core was homegrown.  NY is doing the opposite.

You are in denial.

For every Roman Phifer, there is a Ted Johnson, Bruschi, Law, Samuel, Eugene Wilson, Wilfork, McGinest, Light, Faulk, Koppen, Brady, Branch, Givens, Graham, etc, etc, etc.  Even Vinatieri was homegrown.

Lots more names as drafted players v.s. scrap heap or quality FA signings.

Belichick basically mastered the art of finding underappreciated players like a Phifer, Antowain Smith, Fauria, Mike Compton, Stephen Neal, Ty Poole, and made them BETTER  because of the fit.

The only slam dunk FA fits for NY are Bart Scott and Jim Leonard. You need more than that in this league.

Don't tell me I don't know my team, Corky, when in reality I know it well, and know WHY it's different than than the Tannenboob approach.

Your issue is, you don't get it.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts