Jets Nick Mangold takes jab at Wes Welker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Jets Nick Mangold takes jab at Wes Welker

From WEEI.com:

So it sounds like the Jets have taken Wes Welker's act of wordplay for what it was.

In an apparent response to Welker's use of foot metaphors in his press conference on Thursday — a subtle jab at New York coach Rex Ryan's recent embarrassing video escapade — Jets center Nick Mangold tweeted Friday evening: "Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate."

The reference, of course, is to the 2007 "SpyGate" incident that hit the Patriots, one that was sparked by accusations from the Jets that New England was taping opponents' signals.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Re: Jets Nick Mangold takes jab at Wes Welker

All the more reason to hate the Jests. I'll be glad when their making tee times Sunday at half time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Wow! The Jets talk all week long and the one thing we say, they have to respond to? I hope we destroy these guys and shut them up for good and if we don't, then it will be one of the longest off seasons in memory.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BB-IS-BEST. Show BB-IS-BEST's posts

Haha...well you see...it's pretty pathetic that the only kind of jab Mangold can take is based on an incident that was discovered in 2007. What year is it now? I don't know, 2011? welker wasn't even around to be involved with any of that nonsense in the first place. You know I had an iota of respect for this guy because he was pretty descent and was quiet but, he is no better than any other Jets player. Welker is a good guy that probably only responded because he's tired of Cromartie a guy who has who knows how many kids disrespecting his good ol pal Tom. Mangold you my poor sir are LAME.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I don't think the NYJ will ever shut up.....we will just have to learn to live with it.....and beat them. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scumion. Show Scumion's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Nick Mangold takes jab at Wes Welker:
    Haha...welker wasn't even around to be involved with any of that nonsense in the first place.
    Posted by BB_IS_BEST

Haha is right! What a fool.

Not to mention a nation of haters cling to the fact someone was taping something they are allowed to look at with their own eyes. I just laugh every time someone mentions it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I like the spirit of the attempt . . .   but that was a pretty weak shot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

I like the spirit of the attempt . . .   but that was a pretty weak shot.
    Posted by p-mike

Ya, well, mangold has never been seen at any Mensa meetings.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

That was week.  It made no sense and the not jets again show why they are inferior to the patriots.  there trash talking is so weak compared to what welker did they tried to steal his wordplay and they couldn't even get that right. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

That was lame.  Reminds me of THE guy at every party that tries too hard to crack a funny and everyone just sits there and stares at him like a pig at a wristwatch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Hey Nick my MAN, how does it feel to have Sanchez HOLD on to your butt every time you guys lined up?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

I thought it was pretty good. It was creative in design yet subtle in delivery. Good retort following the heels of Welker's press conference. Sure caught New England flatfooted with this little jab. Mangold is absolutely right in implying that Rex Ryan would never capture footage of other teams. Ryan is always on his toes when it comes to obeying league rules. Actually, to be honest, at first I didn't quite understand what Mangold meant by this tweet. He tripped me up by separating the words Spy and Gate. But I guess the Jets do a lot of that nowadays. Just last week, they tripped up the Colts. This week, they're hoping to trip up the Pats. Watch out NFL, the NY Jets are talking big and making some noise, so you know something great is afoot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

I thought it was pretty good. It was creative in design yet subtle in delivery. Good retort following the heels of Welker's press conference. Sure caught New England flatfooted with this little jab. Mangold is absolutely right in implying that Rex Ryan would never capture footage of other teams. Ryan is always on his toes when it comes to obeying league rules. Actually, to be honest, at first I didn't quite understand what Mangold meant by this tweet. He tripped me up by separating the words Spy and Gate. But I guess the Jets do a lot of that nowadays. Just last week, they tripped up the Colts. This week, they're hoping to trip up the Pats. Watch out NFL, the NY Jets are talking big and making some noise, so you know something great is afoot.
    Posted by kevin13130

But he see's nothing wrong with asking his strength coach to trip players who have a right to run off and onto the field of play. Rex Ryan is just like his father classless.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

That was lame.  Reminds me of THE guy at every party that tries too hard to crack a funny and everyone just sits there and stares at him like a pig at a wristwatch.
    Posted by carawaydj

yeah, the guy who tries to piggyback onto a good joke with a lame derivative one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Hey Mangold, that sister of yours is a spitting image of you!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The Jets must go down, and go down hard: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/14/mangold-fires-back-at-welker/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1anddone-again. Show 1anddone-again's posts

Wow! The Jets talk all week long and the one thing we say, they have to respond to? I hope we destroy these guys and shut them up for good and if we don't, then it will be one of the longest off seasons in memory.
    Posted by mthurl

I would agree. In fact, the offseason will feel even longer than after '07-08......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

That was pretty embarrassing!  Not original at all. Trying to copy someone you better come strong.  Mongoloid's was weak. I'm pretty sure my kids could have came up with a better one then that.  Epic fail! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Coming from the team that set up a wall of men on the sideline and attempted to hurt a special teams player on another team by having a coach knee him I find allegations of cheating to ring quite hollow...

All The Patriots did after being accused of cheating was go undefeated.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Nick Mangold takes jab at Wes Welker : But he see's nothing wrong with asking his strength coach to trip players who have a right to run off and onto the field of play. Rex Ryan is just like his father classless.
    Posted by kman2004

Haha yeah, my post was meant to be sarcastic. I was trying to pull a little Welker by referencing foot and tripping. I guess some people didn't quite catch that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Nice try, Mangold.  You basically copied Welker's jab and messed up royally.  Jets will lose by 35.  Keep showing your fear like your coach, Cromartie, and Jets fans.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lexlib. Show lexlib's posts

Mangold's was simply plain out flat. Welker's was original and clever.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We want the Jets to shut up? The Pats are going to have to put a whopping on them. If the Pats lose, I hope they're ready for a long offseason of Rex Ryan and his blowwards yap, yap, yapping until they run out of yap. 

GO PATS!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Can't wait for the comeback about being careful on the return teams when getting near the Jets sidelines,cause you never know when an ususpecting leg will come out and try and trip or injure you....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I don't think the NYJ will ever shut up.....we will just have to learn to live with it.....and beat them. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh

I think you have hit it right on the head.  Rex AFTER losing 45-3 saying he would get RIGHT back on the field and play again.  Wow.  

Sections
Shortcuts