JETS - One step forward? One step back...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vacilando. Show Vacilando's posts

JETS - One step forward? One step back...

Watching the Jets game yesterday it certainly seems that their receiving corps took a step forward with Burress, but other than him they seemed one-dimensional with poor man's running game.  Sanchez avoided 2 easy picks from a suspect Bengals team and heaved that catch by Burress in the endzone with his eyes closed.  Sanchez will have his work cut out for him behind a  SHAKY offensive line (at best) that was getting lit up by a Bengal defensive front highlighted by Rey, Skuta and Franklin.  Ever heard of them?  No, neither have I.

Essentially, this was a Bengals team with a first year QB that made the Jets look better than advertised.  Being as objective as possible: I'd have to say that the Jets look no better than a 9 - 7 team and will be lucky to keep Sanchez on his feet.  An imposing D (Baltimore - Week 4) will put the fear of death into Sanchez and likely revert him back to his rookie season for the remainder of the year.

Don't believe the hype with the JETS.  IMHO - their defensive line was weak without a rush and they have a one-trick-pony offense in Holmes and Burress.  Expect Sanchez's INT total to rise this year.

This is NOT a team we'll see in the playoffs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Re: JETS - One step forward? One step back...

Paula Abdul reference?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vacilando. Show Vacilando's posts

Dated...  I'd attach the YouTube vid but not available in this country.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Your country doesn't allow Paula Abdul videos? Talk about a police state.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

In Response to Re: JETS - One step forward? One step back...:
    Posted by patsfaninpa420

Good looking Bong in your avatar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vacilando. Show Vacilando's posts

Posted by patsfaninpa420

Copyright laws Donkey.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

The jets had their chance(s)..blew them.  Now, we'll watch the team be affected by overly large contracts to aging journeymen.  Regardless, there is still now real change in their overall aproach..they just keep reacting to what goes on in Foxborough.  (We are their Super Bowl.)

BTW, the guys who posted the bits on the jets fininacial condition art the end of last year were spot on.  They claimed that the jets would be forced to get rid of key players (e.g. Ellis).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't know what conclusions to draw yet.  They faced the Bungles, Detroit beat Cinci 31-3 last week so I don't know if it means much.  Plaxico looked better than I thought but he was targeted 7 times and caught 3 which tells me they were forcing the ball to him.  No big deal, Pats did the same with Ocho to get him involved but again doesn't tell me much about their team.

I think the Giants will be a better test for them next week.  At the very least the Giants are mediocre, more than I can say for cinci.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I would say the Bengals could be the worst team in football this year if things go right. I can't give any credence to that performance other than to say we already know Burress is a good receiver. I'd have to agree with just about everything you've said. We'll see what happens when they start playing for real.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

As long as the Pats win every game they play, make the playoffs and win the SB, I couldn't care less how the Jets do...   I prefer to concentrate on "my favorite team", discuss the Patriot's highs and lows and leave the other teams to their fans.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

JETS schedule

1. Dallas W 1-0
    2. jacksonville W 2-0
    3. @ Oakland L 2-1 oakland at home is tough and improving and has a passrush
    4. @ baltimore L 2-2 has a great pass rush
    5. @ NE L 2-3 payback time!
    6. Miami W 3-3
    7. san diego L 3-4
    8. Bye
    9. @ Buffalo L 3-5 buffalo steals one in the cold
    10. NE L 3-6
    11. @ Denver W 4-6
    12. Buffalo W 5-7
    13. @ washington W 6-7
    14. Kansas City L 6-8
    15. @ Philly L 6-9 this game won't even be close
    16. Giants L 6-10
    17. @ miami W 7-10

Jets will be 7-10 this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vacilando. Show Vacilando's posts

As much as I'd like to say that I only care if the Pats W/L each week I wouldn't be completely honest since as much as a Pats WIN completes my week, a PATS WIN and a JETS LOSS makes the sun shine brighter and the ice a little colder.

Although you can only gleam so much from the pre-season games there's a definite feeling that the PATS have an upside they haven't grown into yet although watching the JETS game I didn't have that feeling that they're a better team than showed...  Yes, it was raining but if anything the rain benefitted their defense more than hurt their offense.

I'd be thrilled if the JETS went 7 - 9 but they'll at least pull out an 8 - 8 with some BS hail mary pass that deflects off cheerleader and landing in the hip pocket of Holmes...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vacilando. Show Vacilando's posts

PS - Don't sleep on Detriot Shenanigans...  They have a little upside.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

JETS schedule 1. Dallas W 1-0 2. jacksonville W 2-0 3. @ Oakland L 2-1 oakland at home is tough and improving and has a passrush 4. @ baltimore L 2-2 has a great pass rush 5. @ NE L 2-3 payback time! 6. Miami W 3-3 7. san diego L 3-4 8. Bye 9. @ Buffalo L 3-5 buffalo steals one in the cold 10. NE L 3-6 11. @ Denver W 4-6 12. Buffalo W 5-7 13. @ washington W 6-7 14. Kansas City L 6-8 15. @ Philly L 6-9 this game won't even be close 16. Giants L 6-10 17. @ miami W 7-10 Jets will be 7-10 this year.
    Posted by natesubs

u mean 7 - 9

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vacilando. Show Vacilando's posts

Below is some of the dribble pulled off the ESPN site.  And for the record the "interceptions" were NOT due to good JETS "D" but wide open over throws and deflections.  *weak*

OPPORTUNISTIC D: The Jets roughed up the offensively challenged Bengals, intercepting three passes -- Eric Smith, Jim Leonhard and Brashton Satele. The three turnovers set up 17 points for the Jets, and that was pretty much the story of the game. Keep in mind, the Bengals no longer have Carson (I Wanna Retire) Palmer at quarterback. They started rookie Andy Dalton and replaced him with journeyman Bruce Gradkowski.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I think the Jets could be 9-7 to 11-4
    Its not that they are that good but their
    schedule isn't that tough..

The Playoffs are all that count.
    We were beaten in the trenches at the SB and the
    Jets losss - we still could of won but didn't make
    a few plays
    This Oline w TE's will not get beat up
    This Dline is deep and can rush the passeer

There are 3 AFC teams with Talent: Pats/Steelers/Chargers
    Las Vegas has and will favor the Patsd to get to the SB
    The jets are thin at Oline -they will be battered by a strong Dline/
    front 7 - Do you know who has one?

And next year the Steelers and Jets will gt "OLD"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

I think the Jets could be 9-7 to 11-4 Its not that they are that good but their schedule isn't that tough.. The Playoffs are all that count. We were beaten in the trenches at the SB and the Jets losss - we still could of won but didn't make a few plays This Oline w TE's will not get beat up This Dline is deep and can rush the passeer There are 3 AFC teams with Talent: Pats/Steelers/Chargers Las Vegas has and will favor the Patsd to get to the SB The jets are thin at Oline -they will be battered by a strong Dline/ front 7 - Do you know who has one? And next year the Steelers and Jets will gt "OLD"
    Posted by seawolfxs

I dont get why people keep saying that the Jets schduleisnt that tough ,They got the same schdule as the Pats  except for  2 games ,So if they have a soft schdule then so do the Pats.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

I think that they may sweep the Bills, and win vs the Raiders but then we're still looking at a 9-8 team. Barely over .500 and probably would miss the playoffs.

I am biased, but I really don't think they win anything vs. the Pats this year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

What is with the record predictions on this thread? So far I've seen 7-10, 11-4 and 9-8? I know its Monday but come on haha. 16!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: JETS - One step forward? One step back... :    I dont get why people keep saying that the Jets schduleisnt that tough ,They got the same schdule as the Pats  except for  2 games ,So if they have a soft schdule then so do the Pats.
    Posted by lippa

This is correct, and most people are aware of it. I believe the fiirst- and second-place matchups in the off divisions this year give New Jersey Jacksonville and Baltimore while the Pats get the Colts and Bitchburgh. So New Jersey gets a relative break with the Jagwires, but depending what happens with Manning, P., this year (don't kid yourselves, boys . . .  he'll be in there), the Pats might get a huge break when Indy comes in.

The schedule is a wash.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In Response to Re: JETS - One step forward? One step back... :    I dont get why people keep saying that the Jets schduleisnt that tough ,They got the same schdule as the Pats  except for  2 games ,So if they have a soft schdule then so do the Pats.
    Posted by lippa

I agree

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Posted by lippa

I agree -
    I think there are only a few teams that are haves
    and a whole bunch who have alot of holes
    or are very thin - like the Jets

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

the jets if they don't win the confrence would have to have a better record than pitt/baltimore, kansas city/SD, texans/colts, to get the wild card this year. which i do not see happening that thye would have a better record than 2 of those 3 sets.  they have a weak O-line and no depth with rookie starters on D line.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: JETS - One step forward? One step back... : Good looking Bong in your avatar
    Posted by aussiewill

There was a bong in that photo?

Sections
Shortcuts