1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Jets/Patriots Game Thread

here's another good one

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Check out the game release for today's game.
    It's more information than you can read.

http://library.kraftsportsgroup.com/20110116_release.pdf

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Quick-hit thoughts after NFL & Pats

January, 16, 2011

By Mike Reiss
    Quick-hit thoughts around the NFL and with the Patriots:

1. One of the signs that Patriots players see as they enter Gillette Stadium reads "Stay hungry, stay humble." It's been their mantra this season.

2. As clever as it was, I thought Patriots receiver Wes Welker showed poor judgement with his Thursday "foot"-filled news conference. The Jets' trash talk is so ridiculous that the best approach is to simply ignore it.

3. I think the Rams would be a solid landing spot for Josh McDaniels. McDaniels is being smart about his next step, realizing the importance of having a good, young quarterback to work with as an offensive coordinator. I could envision McDaniels and Sam Bradford hitting it off and producing explosive results.

4. When Patriots coach Bill Belichick dissected plays on "Patriots All-Access" this week, he highlighted Jets center Nick Mangold and Patriots left guard Logan Mankins. "Two of the best linemen in the game," Belichick said, in a remark that made me think the Patriots won't be letting Mankins walk as a free agent in the offseason (it will be the franchise tag or a contract extension).

5. Green Bay's Tramon Williams has exploded onto the scene as one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL, and more people are taking notice as he's had a huge two games in the playoffs. I had to look up where he played in college (Louisiana Tech) and learned that Williams went undrafted in 2006 before signing with Houston. He was cut by the Texans at the end of training camp and didn't hook on in Green Bay until late November of that year. Classic late bloomer.

6. When John Fox was hired as Carolina's coach in 2002, they were coming off a disastrous season and picking second in the draft (DE Julius Peppers). Fox had them in the Super Bowl in the 2003 season. Last week, Fox was hired as Denver's head coach and there is a striking similarity: The Broncos are coming off a disastrous season and pick second in the draft, so Fox has a prior blueprint that could help.

7. Jets receiver Braylon Edwards tweeted the following last night: "I just heard the most inspirational message of my life from former Jet Dennis Byrd, who suffered a career ending neck injury." Byrd's www.amazon.com/Rise-Walk-Triumph-Dennis-Harperspotlight/dp/0061092878" target="_blank">"Rise & Walk" is one of the favorite football books I've read.

8. Four thoughts in one on Saturday's games: I read NFL.com's Michael Lombardi tweet that the Ravens' offense needs an overhaul and think he nailed it by pointing out there is not enough speed/playmakers on the outside. ... Ben Roethlisberger's third-and-19 connection to rookie Antonio Brown on the game-winning drive had me asking "Who?" Brown is a sixth-round pick out of Central Michigan, another great find by Kevin Colbert, one of the most underrated personnel men in the NFL. ... The Falcons just bombed. Bad time to play their worst game of the season. The Packers can make a lot of defenses look bad, but that's the area -- defense -- that I think Atlanta needs to focus on this offseason. ... Packers look hot. Quarterback Aaron Rodgers is elite.

9. I thought this piece from Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com was some great insight on how the Jets' secondary hopes to play against Tom Brady and the Patriots today. The Jets would like to duplicate the Packers' approach from Dec. 19.

10. I think the top need for the Patriots in the 2011 NFL draft is on the defensive line. They are scary thin entering today's playoff game, and even though some injured players figure to be back next season, more reinforcements are needed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2011/01/16/time_for_bluster_is_over_for_patriots_jets/?camp=localsearch:on:twit:shaughness

Dan Shaughnessy

The time for bluster is over

Now (please!) let the game begin

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2011/01/16/experience_isnt_lost_on_youth/?camp=localsearch:on:twit:young

Experience isn’t lost on youth
    By Shalise Manza Young
    Globe Staff / January 16, 2011

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2011/01/15/2011-01-15_deion_branch_former_super_bowl_mvp_hasnt_missed_beat_with_tom_brady_since_return.htm

Manish Mehta TheJetsStream Deion Branch's resurgence helped #Patriots make seamless transition after Randy Moss trade

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Manish Mehta TheJetsStream #Jets still hopeful nickel CB Drew Coleman will play today. He'll test sore knee in pre-game before final decision is made. #nfl #patriots

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Wish I could be there today!

http://plixi.com/p/70398878

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In the New York Post

http://yfrog.com/hsrsahkj

rsahk.jpg

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

In Response to Re: Jets/Patriots Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets/Patriots Game Thread : lets hope its over by the first quarter and we get a 21-0 lead
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Yes, I hope we dont start off slow due to the bye week. Should be a good game and a bit tight at first. I expect some trickery on the part of the Jets..they will be looking to get on top quickly..will Brad Smith throw a pass? I hope Graham kicks off well the whole game.

Go Pats!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

Is today really here???????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

"Is today really here???????"

It's here! The Patriots are ready!

Belichick has Pats ready for a title run
    http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/features/x1260130113/Megliola-Belichick-has-Pats-ready-for-a-title-run

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ironforce. Show Ironforce's posts

As much as I don't like the Patriots, I like the Jets even less.

GOOD LUCK today. Kick butt! How about a high scoring shut-out this time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Thanks Ironforce, who is your team?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets/Patriots Game Thread : sheez, just imagine. CBS wouldn't be able to switch to a more competitive game like they usually do when the pats steamroll teams
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

That's okay.  Just about everyone in the country (the world really) hates the Jets and their obnoxious loud mouths so much by now that watching them get destroyed will be riveting TV for billions of fans around the globe.  The only folks turning off their TVs will be those around the Jersey Turnpike. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets/Patriots Game Thread : That's okay.  Just about everyone in the country (the world really) hates the Jets and their obnoxious loud mouths so much by now that watching them get destroyed will be riveting TV for billions of fans around the globe.  The only folks turning off their TVs will be those around the Jersey Turnpike. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

I talked with a Jets Fan yesterday that is completely embarrased by what the Jets have done this week. I'm sure he's not the only one. I have supported the Patriots on a lot of levels but I wouldn't be real happy with the team if they were a bunch of punks. It's beat down time.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I cannot wait for this game to start.  I am looking for early turnovers from Dirty-Sanchez

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets/Patriots Game Thread : I talked with a Jets Fan yesterday that is completely embarrased by what the Jets have done this week. I'm sure he's not the only one. I have supported the Patriots on a lot of levels but I wouldn't be real happy with the team if they were a bunch of punks. It's beat down time.
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]

A friend of mine in Toronto (a Bears fan) was joking that the Jets had succeeded at what a few weeks ago he would have thought was completely impossible . . . making Bill Belichick and the Patriots look like the good guys.  I think that's kind of the sentiment around the NFL.  Fans of other teams who had started to hate the Patriots like we hate the Cowboys are going to root for them today just because the Jets have sunk themselves to such lows.  The whole team stinks like dirty feet. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ironforce. Show Ironforce's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks Ironforce, who is your team?
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]
    As embarrassing as it to admit lately, the Miami Dolphins. Maybe we'll be a force in the AFC East soon too. It's been tough since Don Shula hasn't been our coach.

Today, I'm a New England fan. In fact, I hope they win the AFC championship as well. They are, after all, the most legitimate team in the AFC.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

Have BB and Brady ever lost a game after a week off? ever?

Last time the Pats had an extra week off, I recall Brady saying how great it was to have extra time with BB to break down the film.

Its going to be a very, very intense game. Expect injuries.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

^ Expect Injuries? What? The Jets aren't that physical, not nearly like the Ravens and Steelers defense is. The only injuries today will be the migraines the Jets will get trying to keep up with the Pats.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I am getting tired of hearing about all our rookies as if these guys are not the reason we are 14-2 right now and somehow just because its a playoff game, against a team we already played twice, these guys will crumble under the pressure. Can't wait for the rookies and undrafted guys to make the big plays today.