Jets/Patriots Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

Re: Jets/Patriots Game Thread

In Response to Re: Jets/Patriots Game Thread:
    Our Brady, who art in Foxborough, hallowed be thy arm. Thy bowl will come, it will be won, in Dallas as it is in New England. Give us this Sunday, our weekly win, and give us many touchdown passes, but do not let the Jets pass against us. Lead us not into frustration, but deliver us to the valley of the sun. For thine is the MVP, the best of the AFC, and the glory of the Patriots, now and forever, AMEN! GO PATS GO!
    Posted by gumby1958

Amen! One question gumby, will you change from Bears gear to Patriots gear at the end of this game?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

Our Brady, who art in Foxborough, hallowed be thy arm. Thy bowl will come, it will be won, in Dallas as it is in New England. Give us this Sunday, our weekly win, and give us many touchdown passes, but do not let the Jets pass against us. Lead us not into frustration, but deliver us to the valley of the sun. For thine is the MVP, the best of the AFC, and the glory of the Patriots, now and forever, AMEN! GO PATS GO!
    Posted by gumby1958

Creative and I like it. Kudos 2 U.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Albert Breer AlbertBreer 7) Said it during Saturday report: Nick Mangold told me that neither Rex nor any staff member directed players on talk. Part of being loose.

8) And this is a loose Jets team. Obvious this wk, as opposed to Dec. Lowery told me Leonhard injury back then "took air out of our balloon"

9) Jets contract year guys, tho ... Cro: "Me, LT, Jason Taylor, Santonio Holmes, Brodney Pool, we're here for a reason."

0) Finally, RB Fred Taylor related this old Coughlin line, when we talked about the talk -- "U better be ready to cash that check u wrote."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gumby1958. Show gumby1958's posts

In Response to Re: Jets/Patriots Game Thread : Amen! One question gumby, will you change from Bears gear to Patriots gear at the end of this game?
    Posted by xBruzer77

You know it, babe!  Sporting my most awesome (& lucky) Pats shirt already...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

AlbertBreer    7) Said it during Saturday report: Nick Mangold told me that neither Rex nor any staff member directed players on talk. Part of being loose. 8) And this is a loose Jets team. Obvious this wk, as opposed to Dec. Lowery told me Leonhard injury back then "took air out of our balloon" 9) Jets contract year guys, tho ... Cro: "Me, LT, Jason Taylor, Santonio Holmes, Brodney Pool, we're here for a reason." 0) Finally, RB Fred Taylor related this old Coughlin line, when we talked about the talk -- "U better be ready to cash that check u wrote."
    Posted by Rocky

Yeah and when they lose today most of those guys will not be on the team next year. I also don't buy into the Leonhard taking the air out of their ballon. He was never talked up until that time, hasn't it always been Revis island and Cromartie on the other side? I think they are just trying to give themselves some peace of mind. What about the losing their right tackle how does that make the offense feel just days before the game? I am so sick of the Jets and their loose fraternity-like organization.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

GO PATS !!! 
    Been waiting for this all week.
    Ryan is as annoying as those Southwest court commercials !
    Always the same rant.
    Justice must be served today.
    Has anyone heard any interviews with Sanchez ?  I guess all of Ryan's antics is to hide away his quarterback..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gumby1958. Show gumby1958's posts

GO PATS !!!  Been waiting for this all week. Ryan is as annoying as those Southwest court commercials ! Always the same rant. Justice must be served today. Has anyone heard any interviews with Sanchez ?  I guess all of Ryan's antics is to hide away his quarterback..
    Posted by BsLegion

and as irritating as the Coors commercials

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In Response to Re: Jets/Patriots Game Thread : You know it, babe!  Sporting my most awesome (& lucky) Pats shirt already...
    Posted by gumby1958

Over the course of a game if the Pats start getting beat, I will change my gear to older stuff. I must invoke Patriot spirits of old. My wife thinks it is funny but she will go along. At the end of Pats/rams SB, we had changed gear, hats, the position of the mini pats doll, you name it. I swear it helps to channel the energy. I am truly a die hard. And probably a little silly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mike Reiss MikeReiss Still 2 hours, 30 minutes to kickoff and some players start to trickle on the field to loosen up. Punter Zoltan Mesko the first Patriot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

11. Mike Reiss MikeReiss For those curious about the weather, temps expected in the high 20s/low 30s. Winds between 15-30 mph, so that is something to watch.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Let's get this thing done.  I'm tired of the flappy flap flap blah blah blah.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

MikeReiss    For those curious about the weather, temps expected in the high 20s/low 30s. Winds between 15-30 mph, so that is something to watch.
    Posted by Rocky

only thing that could be worse for the Jets is some good snow. Sanchez is not going to be able to be accurate in that kind of wind.

What do you all think if Graham has to come in to get a big time FG, he is 12 for 12 so far but can he come through in the clutch? Really wish we had Ghost this time of year, but with this offense does it really even matter?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Manish Mehta TheJetsStream Jets will defer if they win coin toss, right? Not so fast. I'm hearing NYJ may elect to receive ball first. Stay tuned.

Live from windy Gillette Stadium before the Patriots-Jets playoff game   (Ian Rapport...Herald)

With a little delay from traffic, we’ve arrived at Gillette Stadium before the Patriots play the Jets. Call it the quiet before the storm.

The stands are empty, but the parking lot is filled, with plenty of Jets fans rockin’ their Sanchize jerseys. I heard one Jets fan on the way in here saying he was surprised at the classiness of the comments here. I wonder if that remains during the game.

Not a ton of pre-game questions, as it’s expected that DL Myron Pryor will be out.  The other seven guys will likely not shock us, but Bill Belichick has been known to have up his sleeves. Inactives come in a little more than an hour.

As for the field, the workers did a great job of getting rid of the snow on the field and in the seats, so the conditions should be good. The only thing is that the wind is blowing. Hard. Up in the top of the stadium, the flags are whipping.

It’ll be interesting to see if that comes into play…

Ryan was asked about his teams playoff experience; the Jets' roster has 196 games of playoff experience, the Patriots only 101. He was said to be using this as a confidence booster. Good luck with that because the combined experience of TB and BB is enough for the Pats.

TheJetsStream    Jets will defer if they win coin toss, right? Not so fast. I'm hearing NYJ may elect to receive ball first. Stay tuned.
    Posted by Rocky

This will be the Jets first mistake. The Pats love to get the ball in the 2nd half, why play into a game plan they would make for themselves? or Ryan is just spewing words again in an attempt to make the Pats unfocused.

“Sometimes it’s better to remain quiet and appear stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt,” Mike Ditka says. “That’s the truth, gang. Shut up and play football. [Antonio] Cromartie you haven’t covered anybody for three weeks.” 

I don't think the Jets understand what it means to just listen and take advice.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

I'm sick of all the off field talk, let's get this started up. The only thing that worries me a little bit is coming out flat from the week off. Pitt/Atl both looked flat out of the gate so hopefully that won't be the case.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Two weeks seemed like two months. Lets kick it already1

Albert Breer AlbertBreer Last nite, Dennis Byrd presented Rex Ryan w/jersey he was cut out of when he was paralyzed in '92. Jersey's hanging in Jets locker room now.

In Response to Re: Jets/Patriots Game Thread : This will be the Jets first mistake. The Pats love to get the ball in the 2nd half, why play into a game plan they would make for themselves? or Ryan is just spewing words again in an attempt to make the Pats unfocused.
    Posted by freediro

I agree....the Patriots would love to pick the side of the field and get the ball in the 2nd half!

AlbertBreer    Last nite, Dennis Byrd presented Rex Ryan w/jersey he was cut out of when he was paralyzed in '92. Jersey's hanging in Jets locker room now.
    Posted by Rocky

ugh, Ryan is not a football coach he is a personality manager. The irony of this alone is enough to make me sick, what a craptastic organization. 

Some pre-game numbers to chew on before we get started for Patriots-Jets

---Patriots beat reporter Ian R. Rapoport

The time is ticking by reallllllllly slowly before the Patriots-Jets playoff game, and we’re bored. So, let’s spice it up before the release of inactives with a few notes and numbers to consider.

Like:

– This is the third time the Patriots and Jets have met in the playoffs. The first was a Pats 26-14 win at Giants Stadium in 1985 and the second was 2006, when the Patriots won 37-16 at home.

– The two teams are actually exactly tied in their  entire series history, with each team winning 51 games with one tie. That’s just odd. But the Patriots have won 13 of their last 17 games against the Jets.

– In his career vs. the Jets, Tom Brady’s passer rating is 90.2, which is good. His completion percentage is 63%. How will that change today? No idea.

– The
    Patriots are 3-0 in Gillette Stadium in divisional playoff games and 5-1 at home in general. In all, they are 11-2.

– There
    are a whopping  22 players on the Patriots without playoff experience at all and 14 others who  have just played in one game. Not a ton of history among the rank-and-file on this team.

– Against
    the league’s top 10 defense, the Patriots are averaging 32.4 points, which is 11.5 points more than the rest of the league averages against them. That could be huge today.

– Brady’s
    335 straight passes without an interception is a streak that won’t continue into the playoffs. But it doesn’t change the fact that the dude rarely throws picks.

– The
    Pats finished the season with an NFL-leading 25 interceptions, with Mark Sanchez contributing three of them. Another stat to watch…

– Right
    now, the temperature is 32 degree, which bodes well for the Pats. Since 1993, they are 29-6 when the thermostat is 34 and below.

– Bill Belichick
    has 15 playoff wins, one from fourth place overall. That’s held by Steelers coach Chuck Noll. The record is Tom Landry’s 20.

shalise manza young shalisemyoung Aaron Hernandez is on the field warming up, no trainer hovering nearby, a good sign for him to play

• This post has been removed.

• Sections
    Shortcuts