Jets/Patriots Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Jets/Patriots Game Thread

In Response to Re: Jets/Patriots Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets/Patriots Game Thread : When it mattered, he did not deliver.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

And Manning did?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tankboytaylor. Show tankboytaylor's posts

oh well Jets played better this time around wouldnt be so bad if the Jets werent so bush league

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

I'll eat my crow....I said we would win by 17....we didn't. We got beat by a better team today.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

The two week lay off leaves teams flat...BB made a big mistake calling the botched fake punt...Tie score without that...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

We came out flat!! Rex outcoached BB today. We also did not execute! See y'all next year!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriot666. Show Patriot666's posts

crushing defeat, we have a playoff problem.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets/Patriots Game Thread : When it mattered, he did not deliver.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

oh, and pouting delivered a pick-6 in the super bowl last year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tankboytaylor. Show tankboytaylor's posts

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets/Patriots Game Thread : It's called parity.  Go back and look at every win.  It has just as much to do with the effort the OTHER team puts out as much as the Pats put out. Predict nothing.  Because no one knows a dang thing. Giants, Ravens, Jets = beat us the same way.  Snuffed out Brady.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Brady is the KING of CHOKE ARTISTS.
    Great during the regular season; stinks in the playoffs. This is not the Brady of younger years.
    Time to start looking for a new QB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Can't believe you negative fans. This was to be a rebuilding year, to finish at 10-6 at best. We had a great run to 14-2. This team does not s-ck. We still have a long bright future ahead with a great young team with a very strong veteran nucleus.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Bad coaching and worse execution, that was pretty pathetic. i guess, I'll be rooting for GB to go all the way now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

See you guys at the draft.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Football season is over for the season.
    Patriots CHOKED again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Well, the Pats made two enormous mistakes early.  Brady finally threw an interception for a big turnaround.  Chung had an unforced fumble on a fake punt that would have had the Jets' number.   

The whole Jets offense, especially Sanchez throwing high, looked like a disaster the first half. 

Credit to the Jets for bumping the tight ends and tailbacks, tossing them off their routes, before rushing.  Good strategy.

I understand BB going for it on fourth and 13 with Revis out, Brady hit Branch on his two hands. 

The onside kick right at Revis was a fun gamble that got by Revis but that just didn't bounce the right way.

For my game of the week, I at least had Chicago beating up Seattle.  I really thought this would be an easy game.  Nope.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Bill Belichick was seriously outcoached by Rex today. I say congrats to the Jets today, they earned it. Rex learned from his mistakes while Bill has been getting schooled lately in the playoffs. The best team clearly won today. They had two weeks to prepare and they played like they were scared most of the game, especially Brady. They killed themselves with a mind boggling fake punt and by wasting the clock in the fourth quarter. 
      Props to Cromartie I guess, his onside kick return killed the pats. I don't want to hear any excuses by pats fans. The refs did not cost the Pats the game. The Jets came to play and the Pats didn't. By the way that's 3 playoff losses in a row for the Pats. I don't believe Lombardi ever let that happen. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

What a horrible finish to a great year.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanUK. Show PatsFanUK's posts

[QUOTE]Can't believe you negative fans. This was to be a rebuilding year, to finish at 10-6 at best. We had a great run to 14-2. This team does not s-ck. We still have a long bright future ahead with a great young team with a very strong veteran nucleus.
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

How can you not be negative after such a below par performance? Yes, the Jets played well - but we helped them out with some basic mistakes that we haven't seen all year.

It's been a great year and this young team should only get better (particularly with the draft picks) - but this game fell so far below expectations that it's impossible not to be negative, isn't it?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Be prepared.. . the trolls LOVE this and will be here in droves....  One game in the NFL can mean one and done.

The Pats now join the ranks of the Saints and Falcons to have lost in their first game in this season's playoffs unexpectedly.  I so hated the SI article in last week's issue trumpeting the question.  "Who can stop the Pats?".  Well, we know the answer..  whichever team plays better than them in the one game to decide who goes on.  What makes this one painful, it HAD to be the loudmouth Jets. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

What does not kill you will make you stronger. Try to show some mental toughness  girls.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

Pats has all the reason to lost this game. No excuse. Rex defense strategy worked.

Never thought it would be this soon. But, Im still positive, to begin with I never thought this team would made it into the playoffs

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

No other way to put it: this season was a failure. If you go 14-2 and lose in your first playoff game, it's a failure. It's just so fuucking disappointing. It takes an entire year of waiting to get to this point, and then your favorite team lets you down, after so much buildup and so much promise - I honestly want to shoot myself right now. I won't, but to know that I have to wait a whole year to wait for them to get to this point again makes me insane. 

Who knows if they'll be this good again. Who knows, who knows, who knows. A great season, gone to waste. Many sleepless nights to follow, and many weeks of "what ifs". And the worst part is that the chances of getting to the super-bowl every year are slim to none, and this year is now wasted. Time for another year to roll around, and likely anther playoff loss. 

Worst of all, the Jets get to run their mouths. Look, they outplayed us and outcoached us, but no team that rude and that immature should be allowed in the NFL. 

I suppose we have reason to be optimistic. We have a very young, but very improved defense. We still have Brady, and we still have the best coach in the league. We have defensive starters returning, and we have plenty of draft picks. 

It just stings.... a lot. Well, time to move on. What is over is over. There will always be next season, and the one after that... etc. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets/Patriots Game Thread : And Manning did?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]
    Didn't throw an INT when it mattered. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

Just a little more Defense and we will be OK next year.
    McCourty, Spikes, Deaderick...etc all look good. Building.

Hats off to the Jets. They played an excellent game. Would have liked to make the classless Cromartie eat his words.

25. This post has been removed.