Jets QB plans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Jets QB plans

Jets eyeing Josh McCown?  February, 23, 2014 FEB 23 5:59 PM ET By Tom Carpenter | ESPN.com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Re: Jets QB plans

It almost seems like too smart a move for the Jets to contemplate.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Seems with $40m in cap space they can do anything they want. Idzik is a smart guy. Give him 2 more years and Jets could be very dangerous.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seems with $40m in cap space they can do anything they want. Idzik is a smart guy. Give him 2 more years and Jets could be very dangerous.

[/QUOTE]

Could be. With 40m in cap space they ought to be able to do something. But I still have faith that they will find a way to f*ck it up for themselves.

That said, the unprecedented succes the Patriots have had for the last decade+ will eventually come to an end. 13 straight winning seasons with the distant second (Packers) coming in at 4. It is just amazing that they have been able to sustain that level for so long. Hopefully they can close out what remains of Brady's career with another SB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

You think bringing in Josh McCown is a notable development? Another middling jorneyman never was type. He's a career backup. 

In other news, the Bills have decided to repaint the lines in their parking lot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

You think bringing in Josh McCown is a notable development? Another middling jorneyman never was type. He's a career backup. 

In other news, the Bills have decided to repaint the lines in their parking lot.

Didn't realize how old he was (34). So not the future of the franchise. But his season last year with Chicago was good, and for reasonable money he could be a good bridge between current bust Geno Smith and whoever they pick next.

I would much rather face Geno twice in 2014 than I would McCown.

Edited. Forget the word "not".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize how old he was (34). So not the future of the franchise. But his season last year with Chicago was good, and for reasonable money he could be a good bridge between current bust Geno Smith and whoever they pick next.

I would much rather face Geno twice in 2014 than I would McCown.

Edited. Forget the word "not".

[/QUOTE]

Funny thing about backups, they tend to play better when nothing is expected of them and they have no chance of becoming the starter. It also helps when you have two 6'5 wideouts with the wingspan of a teradactyl to throw it up to. McCown is not a good football player.

I hope they do sign McCown, just another in a long line of failures at that position.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

This is coach speak... Basically Rex is saying we have no idea if this kid will progress based on what we saw last year so we need to cover our butts.

Considering the lions spent 155 mil last year and the Seahawks were 13th in cash spent it really isn't relevant unless you have a solid orginization that understands how to build a roster within  salary cap perameters.

http://www.overthecap.com/nfl-cash-space.php?Year=2013

The only way the Jets will be dangerous is if they can somehow entice or land a top 1/3 of the league QB and add some skill players. The D's front seven is very good the backend is not that good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

The Jets are going nowhere whether they bring in McCown or ride with Geno. The Pats will repeat atop the AFC EAST and the rest of the division doesn't look like much. The Bills are rebuilding and Miami is dealing with the circus they created for themselves.

Thankfully for that pitiful NY franchise their fans are dillusional always feel they are in contention. At least until the first half of the first game of the season then they turn on their team and shred the players for the rest of the season. J E T S, Jets, Jets, Jets!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I'll be worried if they sign Mccown, Marshall, Jeffries, Matt Forte AND Marc Trestman...then the Jets might actually be dangerous in 2 years as their biggest fan....Rkarp suggests.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Jets will cut Sanchez and resign him on he cheap. He knows the system and I actually think he's better then smith. I don't know where else Sanchez goes maybe to the Vikings. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

This.  McCown's season this year was an outlier.  Look at his career numbers.  And frankly having an  offensive guru as HC with Marshall, Forte and Jeffery is a bit better than Ryan and JAGs.  I would love the Jets to rely on this guy next season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 3m

Based on conversations this week, it’s clear the #Jets are viewed as a legitimate possible landing spot for #Eagles QB Michael Vick.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 1m

With #Jets is Vick’s former offensive coordinator, Marty Mornhinweg. From what I understand, there is mutual respect. Vick could help Geno

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Vick will play half the season before getting injured and turn the ball over.  Sounds like a great fit for the Jets.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Based on conversations this week, it’s clear the #Jets are viewed as a legitimate possible landing spot for #Eagles QB Michael Vick.

With #Jets is Vick’s former offensive coordinator, Marty Mornhinweg. From what I understand, there is mutual respect. Vick could help Geno

[/QUOTE]

HA, it keeps getting better for the Jets. I heard Favre is thinking about a come back tooSurprised

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

It doesn't matter who they bring in because Rex will ruin him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

HA, it keeps getting better for the Jets. I heard Favre is thinking about a come back tooSurprised

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

Well, that's better then I heard.  I heard Joe Namath is considering a comeback and fighting for the starting job.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!! Why would McCown want to go to the Jets to be Geno's caddie, unless they smother him in money? You would think that after his good showing as a back-up last year, that he would want a chance to start somewhere.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Combine coverage talk to day was about the POSSIBILITY of Vick coming to the NY Jets, and "too bad if Smith doesn't like it" was the quote of one of the analysts...LMFAO...the lowly NY Jets still can't get a QB regardless of how much draft capital they've wasted on the position....

Geno "the headphone wearing moron" Smith looks done in NY...the Jets is still the best laff-a-minute crew in the NFL!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

They can have Mallett for a 2nd....BWAHAHAHAHAHA

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You NE fans are a fuuny bunch. So much talk about the Jets and their plans while in NE you keep relying a guy(Brady) to get you to the promised land.

12b years and counting. he may get you there BUT he just can't finish the job.

So keep a watchful eye on the developements up her in NYC but you have bigger problems at the QB position then the Jets.

Quick question-Do old QB's get beter with time or do they just get older??

[/QUOTE]
     You are not the brightest bulb in the room are you...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to HeygangLH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You NE fans are a fuuny bunch. So much talk about the Jets and their plans while in NE you keep relying a guy(Brady) to get you to the promised land.

12b years and counting. he may get you there BUT he just can't finish the job.

So keep a watchful eye on the developements up her in NYC but you have bigger problems at the QB position then the Jets.

Quick question-Do old QB's get beter with time or do they just get older??

[/QUOTE]
     You are not the brightest bulb in the room are you...

[/QUOTE]

How could IT be...IT'S a NY JETS FAN....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I have it from no authority at all that the Jets do plan to play someone at QB this year!