Jets Reach Agreement with Revis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: Jets Reach Agreement with Revis

I fail to see why Revis matter, but on a more important note, PhatRex, you have become an insulting dog vomit coated turd.  Revis played for them last year.  Hint for you, genius- WE HAVE MORE THAN 2 RECEIVERS NOW.  So, whatever, glad you got that bit of housekeeping dealt with, have a nice day, see you in week 2.   This is going to be fun.  My three favorite things in the world, stomping  colts and jets, hearing the lamentations of the "women" (that's YOU and underoos).  Feel free to not show up again here.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

like the rest of the holdouts he'll have an injury by week 3.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

like the rest of the holdouts he'll have an injury by week 3.
    Posted by poopsteo

This is actually a good point. How many times has a player held out only to get injured and lost for all or most of the season?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Anyone not recognizing what a force the Jets are on Defense, well ......
    Posted by nhsteven

There may be many fans who don't recognize this, but the only time I saw the Patriots not ready for a defense was against the Giants in SB XLII.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

All planned on Revis' part so he didn't have to go through training camp

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Reach Agreement with Revis:
    I don't think it was ever in doubt. The Jets seem to have a win it all now attitude so Revis was always going to get the deal he wanted which may affect them cap wise in coming years especially if they fail. With Revis they have probably 1 of the top D's and will be very hard to score on. Brady will need to be at his top to beat them especially with the swiss cheese D he has backing him up. The big question is the offense and Sanchez for the Jets. Can he be good enough to capitalise on the opportunities an excellent D is going to give him. If Brady had a D like he has he would be unbeatable.
    Posted by Brad34

"He would be unbeatable". There are 52 other guys on that roster. See if Brady can complete a pass with no one protecting him. It's a team game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

All planned on Revis' part so he didn't have to go through training camp
    Posted by kansaspatriot

My thoughts exactly...Hey Leon, do you agree?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Sweet....can't wait for the new salary cap next year.

Side Bar: I could of sworn I read a few months ago, when discussing a new contract for Brady, under the current rules without a CBA, that a player couldn't get greater then a certain % raise from the previous year.

This agreement kinda shoots that to S**t.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Good for the Jets.  He is a good player, and he makes their defense better.  I don't think they will make the playoffs still, but we'll find out in a couple weeks when Phatrex either becomes more obnoxious or dissapears.  My money is on dissapears. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Good for them. I don't think that this move turns them into any more of a contender. I still believe that they're 3rd best in the AFC East.
    Posted by vertigho

I have the Jets at 5th best behind New England, Baltimore, Indianapolis and San Diego.  Great first-string defense this preseason, but their first-string offense has continued to be horrid. Roughly a 10-6 team.

As for Revis, the reason teams hold training camp in late July is to get people into football shape.  The first few days of camp, even in limited practices, people sometimes get injuries.  Rushing a lightweight guy into a hard-played Baltimore game in 6 days is a gamble that the Jets will just have to take.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

And unless you find a new QB, our defense won't be on the field long anyway.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I don't care who rolled over to let them into the playoffs or how much they had to "dumb down" the playbook to make Sanchez appear to be something he is not -- an NFL quarterback  -- the bottom line is the last time the Pats saw Green New Jersey head-to-head they spanked them all soundly and sent them to bed, and I have seen nothing in the interim to suggest the same thing won't happen again the next time they meet . . .  and the time after that . . .

and the time after that.

Green New Jersey blows.

Everything beyond that simple truism is hype.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

FOR JETS FANS.
      How many recievers can Revis cover on one play? Oh, Moss was playing with an injured shoulder last year. Lets see how it goes this year.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Signing Revis definitely helps them at one CB spot.  Too bad they have 'Whiplash' Cromartie at the other and the offense of a wet noodle. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts