Jets Reach Agreement with Revis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Re: Jets Reach Agreement with Revis

I got your analysts bud.  Rookie CB looked good.  Opposing qbs didnt go after him much but he looked good.  Also, we got revis on the cheap!!!  46M over 4 years.  all good over here.  Christmas came early.  To sum it up, the best defense in football just got better.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

We know who Cromartie is.... he's the guy who routinely got burned in SD, and continued to get burned this pre-season. Does the Redskins game ring a bell?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Reach Agreement with Revis:
    In Response to Re: Jets Reach Agreement with Revis : Revis?  I would say 2.  He's that good.  I wonder how many plays Moss will 'take off' this year while sulking that he's not geting enough passes thrown his way.
    Posted by PhatRex

Two huh, You are delusional. You malign yourself fatuous comments

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

maybe JBOLTED will make an appearence on this thread. I heard that Cro has payton's number.  Really most of what we did this offseason was aimed at the colts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

The Jets are the most overrated team in the league this year, taking that honor from 5 time consecutive champion Indy. If you payasos can't see that, you're nuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqYBcqQ494w&feature=related

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

maybe JBOLTED will make an appearence on this thread. I heard that Cro has payton's number.  Really most of what we did this offseason was aimed at the colts.
    Posted by whodeawhodat

The only island Revis will have on January 9th is his couch

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Posted by whodeawhodat

10 bucks says Cro has less than 32 tackles this year. More than 1 a game is askin' to much.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I got your analysts bud.  Rookie CB looked good.  Opposing qbs didnt go after him much but he looked good.  Also, we got revis on the cheap!!!  46M over 4 years.  all good over here.  Christmas came early.  To sum it up, the best defense in football just got better.
    Posted by whodeawhodat

Cocaine is a hell of a drug!

Even if I was a Jets fan (just threw up in my mouth a little), I would tell you and Phatrex to tone it down a bit.  Your the same as the Pats fans around here that wear there hearts on their sleeve and and have wild mood swings thinking that every play and every signing or cut means the Pats are going to the SB, or won't win a game.  The best defense in the NFL last year just signed Revis.  Good for the Jets but guess what he was on the team last year so that doesn't exactly make them better it just maintains the status quo.

Rankings are fun, and I like them but realistically you should look to the right of those rankings at the PPG allowed.  The difference between 1st and 10th is only about 5 points per game.  3 points per game less than the Pats who were 5th.

On offense the Pats scored 5 more points a game than the Jets (17th ranked offense).  Not a big deal but at the end of the day it's about scoring more than your opponent, which is a differential.  Which is probably why the 20th ranked New Orleans defense won the SB.  Who had the biggest point differential in the NFL last year?  New Orleans. 

As it turns out, it's all phases of football that matter, which is why NYJ were 7-7 until 2 teams layed down.  Maybe they would have won both or split to be 8-8 but even 9-7 doesn't make them a SB favorite.  We'll see, but I would temper your expectations unless you just enjoy BS'ing yourself, in which case go ahead but please don't vomit your BS all over this board.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

That in itself is correct.  What makes them better is that they have their starting NT back, they upgraded the CB position greatly, safety slightly and, in theory, improved the pass rush.  All that combined with the fact that it is now the second year in the system leads to the likelihood of an improved D.
    Posted by PhatRex

I don't agree with many of your opinions, but I agree with this.

The Jets this year should have the best defense in the NFL again. They have question marks like every other team but with Revis back they are solid.

I look forward to week 2.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Adam Schefter Adam_Schefter DanKolko: Le'Ron McClain on Revis signing with Jets: "I'm glad they got him back so there won't be any excuses."

LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

I am the first one to say that statistics is the only science that lies.  the jets led in so many departments that it is just absurd no to call them last years best. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Whoopee dingaling do for the Jests!!  Couldn't care less who they sign.  I'm a PATS fan!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I'm sorry but the jests are irrelevant in my book until they beat us with Welker in the lineup. We destroyed the Jests in last years rematch. Sanchez threw pick after pick after pick while Welker Shredded that number one D. Revis was present in that game bro, and he was irrelevant. One player does not make a great D. Other then Revis I see Jenkins who gets injured every year, Harris and Scott and then who? Your safeties are nothing to brag about while Cromartie hasn't had a good year since 2007.

Jests got worse in the running game by losing Faneca and Jones. A rookie and a washed up LT does not replace a pro bowler in Faneca and 1400+ yards and 14 TD's that Jones brought to the table. Sanchez hasn't showed anything spectacular in the preseason and he was horrible last year, unless 20 INT's is a good thing in your eyes.

I don't see how the Jests believe they even have a chance against us this year.  In fact, had the Colts not laid down for them, the Jests would have been irrelevant once again this off season because they would not have even partaken in the post season.

Brady has new weapons to go along with Welker and Moss, he is a year removed from reconstructive Knee surgery and his other ailments are gone. Too bad we get the Bungles week one and not the Jests, that way we can shut up the media and the Jests right of the bat. We'll see you week 2 and it wont be pretty.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts