Jets replace LaRon Landry with bro Dawan Landry

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Jets replace LaRon Landry with bro Dawan Landry

I'd love to be 'a-fly-on-the-wall' at momma Landry's Sunday dinner this week!

Obviously, she wasn't inclined to invite Coach Ryan.

chimp

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Jets replace LaRon Landry with bro Dawan Landry

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

LOL!

Dawan is worse than LaRon. Hilarious. I think after he left Balt he was down in Jax.

His mommy apparently likes to have kids with names that rhyme.

i dunno i don't think this is uch a bad signing

LaRon had a goodyear for them and his bro played for Rex in Balt...if they bring Revis back what's so bad about that defensive backfield? and that should help the pass rush too-not a bad pick up and a good one for a new GM finding his way in Idzik

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

There is no player the Jets could sign or not sign that could elicit anything but an idiotic biased response from Queenie.  Dawan was a good signing and Laron had a superb season last year.  That's why he got solid contract, even with the history of injuries.  On the other hand, look at Talib.  On this board he's treated like he's an Alist CB.  Yet, nobody was willing to give him a contract.

this is certainly true

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

There is no player the Jets could sign or not sign that could elicit anything but an idiotic biased response from Queenie.  Dawan was a good signing and Laron had a superb season last year.  That's why he got solid contract, even with the history of injuries.  On the other hand, look at Talib.  On this board he's treated like he's an Alist CB.  Yet, nobody was willing to give him a contract.

There is no player the Pats could sign or not sign that could elicit anything but an idiotic biased response from you Phatty.  At least Rusty is a Pats fan troll.  You claiming someone else isn't objective is beyond hilarious.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

There is no player the Jets could sign or not sign that could elicit anything but an idiotic biased response from Queenie.  Dawan was a good signing and Laron had a superb season last year.  That's why he got solid contract, even with the history of injuries.  On the other hand, look at Talib.  On this board he's treated like he's an Alist CB.  Yet, nobody was willing to give him a contract.

There is no player the Pats could sign or not sign that could elicit anything but an idiotic biased response from you Phatty.  At least Rusty is a Pats fan troll.  You claiming someone else isn't objective is beyond hilarious.

And that's where you are not only an idiot, but wrong.  Nobody with any brains could possibly believe that Amendola is an upgrade from Welker.  I thought keeping Talib was essential and they got him cheap, I just don't think he's a top CB like Revis or Cromartie.  To suggest that Wilson was some type of steal in FA while either Dawan or Laron were not better is moronic.   Wilson is a nice player, he's just not the force that either Landry is.  Regardless, he greatly improves that awful secondary and becomes the best safety on the team.  That's like pointing out that Talib is the best CB on the team, though.   

!!!! Cromartie is just an older version of Talib, with 2x the mouth...and at least 7x the babies, and 5x the baby's mamas.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

There is no player the Jets could sign or not sign that could elicit anything but an idiotic biased response from Queenie.  Dawan was a good signing and Laron had a superb season last year.  That's why he got solid contract, even with the history of injuries.  On the other hand, look at Talib.  On this board he's treated like he's an Alist CB.  Yet, nobody was willing to give him a contract.

this is certainly true

Absolutely false. For example, if the Jets rape the Bucs for a 1st rd pick for Revis, I will applaud that.

I am very consistent.  Did I rave about Dawan Landry on this board before? No, I haven't. Why The guy SUCKS. That's why. Now, I am supposed to applaud the Jets for signing a hack who no one wants?

You NYers are so arrogant. It's like who you are.  It's part of your being, apparently.

What's somewhat comical is the Jets do the complete opposite of what I would do, so there is no way on earth you moron idiots can try to spin their stupidity into some kind of version of me hating the Jets, and then saying that whoever they sign stinks.

I am on record WELL before they make any move or decision, so you lose again.

You trolls are such morons. Everyone sees right through you.

The Jets are so dumb, they want a better package for a guy off a blown out ACL than he's worth with a team (TB) throwing themselves at them.

That's how dumb Woody Johnson is. Don't you see that all their stupid moves in the last 5 years are connected?

Are you really this stupid?

as i said....

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Umm, said what?  Dawan Landry will lead the Jets D? lol

Just stop. You are so pathetic.

i said dawan landry will lead the jets D?

ok....

what i said was it was a good signing, thats all

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

ok....

Well, please tell us why Jax with a lot to spend casting off Landry is a good signing, then.

You cannot even articulate what your premise is.

i'll make it so simple even you will grasp it (of course u will twist it as u already have)

he played for rex previously, he came at a good price and if revis stays-which he just might-then the jets will have a pretty good defensive backfield-and it is the type of signing Idzik as a new GM is smart to make as he begins to remake the team according to his ideas of what it should be-

never said a thing about jacksonville, don't know why they let him go and doesn't have anything at all to do with my point that its a good move for the jets-jets, not pats, not steelers, not giants...jets

and really as poor as jacksonville has been run in recent years ur gonna tell me they might not make a personnel mistake?

ur gonna have to do better queenie

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

ok....

Well, please tell us why Jax with a lot to spend casting off Landry is a good signing, then.

You cannot even articulate what your premise is.

So what you're saying is that because Jax didn't want to pay him 5+ mil this means he's not good, but the Cards cutting Wilson after benching him last year and only due to make 3 mil means he's a great signing?  Queenie, you are such an idiot.

remember tho phat he has a 152 IQ

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Nobody with any brains could possibly believe that Amendola is an upgrade from Welker.  

Depends what you mean by upgrade.  I think Wes was the best ever at what he does.  I think Amendola if he stays healthy (obviously a huge if, but that is why there is so much injury protection in the contract) can do a few more different things and still do some of the stuff Wes did.  He is also significantly younger which given how old the WR corps has been the past few years doesn't hurt.

[QUOTE]

I thought keeping Talib was essential and they got him cheap, I just don't think he's a top CB like Revis or Cromartie.  

[/QUOTE]

Revis when healthy is a top 2 CB (him and atm Sherman are imo the best corners in the NFL) and Cromartie is easily a top 10 and can be a top 5 when he wants to be.  I don't think anyone is suggesting that Talib is Revis.  I certainly haven't.  That being said if this is in fact your opinion it certainly does not come through in most of your posts here which I would classify as blatant trolling.

[QUOTE]

To suggest that Wilson was some type of steal in FA while either Dawan or Laron were not better is moronic.   Wilson is a nice player, he's just not the force that either Landry is.

[/QUOTE]

Laron worked out well for the Jets because he stayed healthy.  I didn't think he would which is why I and many others did not want him.  I don't think he is worth the contract he got from Indy regardless of health.  Wilson was better in coverage than either Landry as recently as 2011.  Whether he still can be remains to be seen.  I think it is a mistake to group both Landry's together.  Laron when healthy is imo a far superior player.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i dont think it is a bad signing for the jets, but it still wont prevent them from being completely terrible again this year.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts