Jets resign Holmes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Jets resign Holmes

It looks like a 5 year contract.

My best guess is 5yr/45mil with a low front number to try to fit in a couple other guys. The back end is most likely huge

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Re: Jets resign Holmes

This means Braylon Edwards is gone. Unless Sanchez restructures his contract.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

he restructured to get holmes his money according to NJ.com

Sanchise has all the intangibles of a winner.  If he gets his completion % up, as he has said is a goal of his this year, noone can deny him being an up and comer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

AdamSchein Adam Schein
    Holmes left money on the table, per source. "He loves the jets and sanchez."

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

interesting they can afford that...being over the cap and all and not cutting anyone

UPDATE:
    Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News hears Holmes will get $24 million guaranteed.  Florio confirmed that number.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: Jets resign Holmes:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets resign Holmes : Sanchez will never get better.  Queenie claims that a player is as good in their rookie season as they are every going to be. 
    Posted by McCheaters[/QUOTE]

hey mcf*g.... you have to copy my avatar right off one of my posts...   you little green slime p****

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

Holmes is above average WR.  He will be a bust this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Wow, this is an impressive signing by the jets.  I don't know what else they will be able to do now as far as other signings go but if they somehow also land Asomugha then Rex will be boasting all year about the Super Bowl and rightfully so.  This will give them their best chance, IMO. If they would get rid of Brian Schottenheimer as offensive coordinator then that would really increase their chances.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

maybe if they get rid of the toe sniffer...he just like their fans... lots of predictions...nothing of any substance to back it up...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]interesting they can afford that...being over the cap and all and not cutting anyone UPDATE: Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News  hears Holmes will get $24 million guaranteed.  Florio confirmed that number.
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

UPDATE: Santonio Holmes' contract numbers, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter: 5 years, $50 million, including $24 million guaranteed. It's thought to be the highest guarantee given to a wide receiver.

From Vince Verhei

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]Wilson was a 1st rd pick and now you're going to pay another CB top dollar ? Explain to everyone here why it's smart to take a nickleback in Round 1. lol This should be comical to hear this explanation.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, but then why did the Pats draft Ras-I?  3 years left on Bodden's deal and I don't think there's any argument that DMC is ahead of him on the depth chart.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

They needed to keep him...but Edwards and Smith go who do they have? Holmes will get so many double teams he'd be negated.
    60maxpowero.com

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

Doesn't Holmes already have two strikes on the bad behavor chart; one more strike and he's gone for a year. What do the Jets do if that happens?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]Doesn't Holmes already have two strikes on the bad behavor chart; one more strike and he's gone for a year. What do the Jets do if that happens?
    Posted by JoeFoyFan[/QUOTE]

It's believed that the Jets have included language to recover some of the bonus money if Holmes gets his 3rd strike.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

[QUOTE]No, I said Holmes and Edwards, They had to choose.   No one is buying your lies. And they did. I know some Jets fans and many feel Edwards has the better, consistent rapport with Sanchez and Holmes is the bigger playmaker.  So, they chose, and it helps Sanchez.  So, they signed one of their FAs?  Ok. The question is now, just how many more key people can they not keep because of this and the rumored Asomugha move? The reality is, Cromartie was supposed to be what Asomugha is now. And Kyle Wilson is a bust. Was Cromartie the reason why the Jets lost last year? Nope. What's hilarious to me is, this just extends the Jets desperation plan out one more year.  It doesn't address the issue. If they don't win it all, it just makes it look worse. If NE wins the SB again, will you commit suicide? lol
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    What drugs R U on. If they get the raiders CB were screwed!!!!! We have dog sht 4 Wr's(except Welker)and 0 pass rushers. How the fk R we ever going 2 win a playoff game ever again.  Go watch canadian football were u belong beacause u seem 2 no Jack Squat about the Pats! So stick your head back in your azz where it belongs

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, this is an impressive signing by the jets.  I don't know what else they will be able to do now as far as other signings go but if they somehow also land Asomugha then Rex will be boasting all year about the Super Bowl and rightfully so.  This will give them their best chance, IMO. If they would get rid of Brian Schottenheimer as offensive coordinator then that would really increase their chances.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

I actually think it weakens their chance truthfully.

Here me out on this one. Between Holmes and Aso and their rooks they will have no money left for FA and they are going to have to release some players as well as do a bunch of restructuring (which will kill them going forward). They will also have to use both exemptions which further eats away at future caps.

Now if they can't resign other FA's that means they are losing without replacement:

Starters - Edwards, Ellis, Jenkins, Coleman (had 4 starts last year), Woody, Folk, Weatherford, Scott (projected release)

Non-Starters - Taylor, Smith, Richardson, Gholston

That's a ton of people they are losing that they really don't have replacements for. They are severely weakening both the O and front 7 for a CB. It doesn't matter if they have Revis and Aso if they can't get to the passer, they have no one to cover the slot receiver, their O can't put points up, their OL can't keep Sanchez upright on the right side, and their front seven are going to get chewed up by RB's 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets resign Holmes : I actually think it weakens their chance truthfully. Here me out on this one. Between Holmes and Aso and their rooks they will have no money left for FA and they are going to have to release some players as well as do a bunch of restructuring (which will kill them going forward). They will also have to use both exemptions which further eats away at future caps. Now if they can't resign other FA's that means they are losing without replacement: Starters - Edwards, Ellis, Jenkins, Coleman (had 4 starts last year), Woody, Folk, Weatherford, Scott (projected release) Non-Starters - Taylor, Smith, Richardson, Gholston That's a ton of people they are losing that they really don't have replacements for. They are severely weakening both the O and front 7 for a CB. It doesn't matter if they have Revis and Aso if they can't get to the passer, they have no one to cover the slot receiver, their O can't put points up, their OL can't keep Sanchez upright on the right side, and their front seven are going to get chewed up by RB's 
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Sorry mang, your naming a bunch of role players and saying that they will be the fall of the 2011 season is a huge stretch.  to say that my defense will get chewed up by any running game means that you havent really watched the Jets defense under Rex. His main quote is "do what you want but I WILL stop your run game" well that and "lets go get a dam snack".  We did come out soft against Pitt in the first half but that was and exception and not the rule.  If we get ASO which I doubt we will, it would enable us to pretty much play a 9 man defense with us taking away our opponents best 2 receiving threats and follow them around the whole field. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets resign Holmes : Sorry mang, your naming a bunch of role players and saying that they will be the fall of the 2011 season is a huge stretch.  to say that my defense will get chewed up by any running game means that you havent really watched the Jets defense under Rex. His main quote is "do what you want but I WILL stop your run game" well that and "lets go get a dam snack".  We did come out soft against Pitt in the first half but that was and exception and not the rule.  If we get ASO which I doubt we will, it would enable us to pretty much play a 9 man defense with us taking away our opponents best 2 receiving threats and follow them around the whole field. 
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

To make room for Revis you're going to have to cut Scott, who was one of your better LB's behind Harris of course, or LT. Ellis was a huge reason for your success in both the run game and pass rush. Taylor was also more then just a role player with 5 starts and 5 sacks. That's a lot of production to lose in your front 7. You don't think that that hurts your D?

Then on O you lose your #2, #3/4 WR and your Starting RT. You don't think that's going to affect Sanchez who already has trouble getting the ball to his receivers?

Then on ST you lose you both your biggest return threats, your punter, and your kicker (do you remember how many games you lost because of bad field goals over the last 5 years) and you don't think that's an issue?

If you don't think losing all those pieces doesn't greatly weaken your team then you don't know much about football

But then again you always have Rexy's quotes. What has come out of his mouth has lead to SB's in the past just like he praises

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Apparently, Holmes deal only has a $2.45M 2011 cap hit. Still gives them room to sign Aso or a combo of FA's. Backend loaded lilke you said PatsEng.

I think Aso to the Jets is going to happen. Rex and Revis have been workign on this for 2 years....perhaps Goodell the genius should look into tampering charges.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

wow $2.45mil and if they restructure a bunch of contracts are they even going to be able to field a team in a year or two? How is it 2.45mil unless he has no signing bonus and gets paid basically no money this year. That means he's averaging about 12mil a yr that last 4? Not a very smart move, they are really shooting themselves in the foot for future cap space.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Backloaded contract for Holmes.....smart move if you wanna sign Asmougha....He might want the money up front.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets resign Holmes : Wait, I've heard this story.  Jets are going to be in huge cap trouble next year.  (taken from 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010).  When will you clowns get it?  It is very simple to navigate the cap when you have a genius like Mike T.  The guy is a guru.  He didn't even spend the 150 million last year like the Pats had to.  150 mil & another playoff loss?  The New England Yankees?
    Posted by McCheaters[/QUOTE]

Well, we could call you the New York Mets but it appears they won 1 more championship than the Jets.  One in 1969.  Sound familiar? 
    42 years and counting,counting,counting,counting........