Jets Safeties

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Jets Safeties

In Response to Re: Jets Safeties:
    [QUOTE]Wilson was benched at one point and if Lowery is a go, Wilson probably won't start. We'll see. I think you are overanalyzing the CBs who will match up against McCourty and Arrington. Obviously, assuming Holmes lines up on the weak side against Arrington, that's a clear advantage on paper. But, I think McCourty controls Edwards. Is Cotchery healthy? I have heard very little. He sounds like he wants to play, but I can't see a groin tear being healed to the point he'll be a factor in this game. In the end, it's hard to know what BB will do in terms of playing man or zone against the Jets. McCourty is plenty physical and Arrington can be physical himself.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Physicality doesn't always win the game. A wideout like Holmes is known for sidestepping the bump. Edwards is a very good #2 receiver and can handle physical play. I don't see him owning any real advantage over any of the NE corners and visa-versa. If a Jet receiver is going to have a big game, it will be Holmes. Keller must also have a big game - if he disappears as he did for a couple of weeks during the mid-season, that will also spell trouble for the Jets.

I mentioned earlier that when it comes to kids, confidence plays a big role. The Jets need to hit the kids early to get them out of their comfort zone.

I don't know where Cotchery stands right now, but I have no problem with Smith as the 3rd wideout. I will not be shocked if they actually let Smith throw out of the Seminole package this week. Although I have a feeling that BB just maybe looking for this as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Again, I think what you'll see is the front 7 try to create pressure like they did against Pitt a couple weeks back.

BB will probably play zone and see how it works to keep the big play capability in front of them.

Obviously, the pass rush creates problems if it's created effectively.

Rapelisturd struggled when NE schemed in that game.  NY's O Line is better than Pitt's, so this may not be as effective as an option.

Should be interesting. 

I expect to see a lot of Smith as well because I don't think Rex has confidence in Sanchez matching Brady in this environment.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Again, I think what you'll see is the front 7 try to create pressure like they did against Pitt a couple weeks back. BB will probably play zone and see how it works to keep the big play capability in front of them. Obviously, the pass rush creates problems if it's created effectively. Rapelisturd struggled when NE schemed in that game.  NY's O Line is better than Pitt's, so this may not be as effective as an option. Should be interesting.  I expect to see a lot of Smith as well because I don't think Rex has confidence in Sanchez matching Brady in this environment.

BB - here I disagree. I think Rex has plenty of confidence in the kid. Smith will get about 4 snaps from behind center. the question willbe whether he throws or not. I do agree that pressure will be a key; on both sides. I think the teams match-up well with each other, each having strengths and weaknesses which we have discussed all week. You made a good point about the Jet D in the red zone. They haven't done a good job executing back there. And although the Pats have come up with big turnovers, they are giving up way too many yards in the course of the game. Time possesion drives by the Jets will be big because it keeps Brady off the field.

I believe the point spread on the game is about right and should be a good game. The Jets have talked the talk - now it is time to walk the walk for a 2nd time this year. We'll see on Monday. But I do know that they respect BB and the Pats big time and will not go in over confident.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

If they do get the TOP they expect.  I agree.  That will be the thing to watch as well, for both teams, on offense.

That and the turnovers question will be the difference in this match up, as it was in Week 2.

NE actually did a very good job against NY's run game until they ran it on 3rd down and took advantage of the subpackages from NE.

We may just see more of Guyton here instead of Spikes so BB can disguise him like he did in the Pitt game.  

I think if you look at Week 2, it's clearly the tale of two halves.  And, the Moss factor cannot be ignored.

It's the classic feast or famine idea, where Moss got them a TD, yes, but he also clearly lobbied for the ball at halftime because Revis got hurt and he felt he could take Cromartie.

I wouldn't say this, or have confidence this was a negative factor  for NE, without the news of what happeend in Miami and Moss being dealt a day later.

It all made a lot of sense as to why NE completely changed what was working very well in the 1st half on offense. Many Pats fans saw Moss being catered to with constant lobs in his direction with incomplete after incomplete and Brady threw 2 INTs.

I don't think you'll see a dominated half like that by NY in this game.

NE won the Time of Possessin in the 1st half, and then lost it by changing their style and Brady throwing the 2 INTs.

Since that game, and really, since the second half of Buffalo game, Miami and post Miami, Brady really hasn't thrown a bad ball much at all.

A lot of it is obviously directly related to dealing Moss.

Jets D will see a vastly stronger offense, run game, O Line play, TE play and balance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Again - they might, but if the Jets play as they are capable, they should be able to negate some of the Pats strengths. I don't agree with you 100% about game 2 because if you are correct, then BB cannot be in the discussion for greatest head coach. BB does not cater to divas and he certainly wouldn't sell off a win to a divisional opponent just to try and market a player he wants to trade. But I am not going to belabor that point - we agree to disagree here.

As for Brady - just like BB, he is part of the greatest of all-time conversation. But even the greatest can be bested by excellent teams. The question is, do the Jets want to be that excellent team? I think we find out more about the Jets than we do about the Pats on Monday. Whether that is good or bad, I don't know.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Safeties : Is that the same McCoy that lit up the patsies? Stafford?  Didn't he put up more points against the patsies than the Jets? Oh wait, that wasn't him, that was his backup... how sad. Schaub, the one from the Texans top 10 offense put up 27 and still lost.  Very strange how much more more of a problem you have with winning by a few points than getting blown out and losing to the same team (THE BROWNS).  Very strange, indeed. 
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

"lit up"? No, that was Peyton Hillis. Do you even watch NFL fooball?  We are all beginning to think you don't. You just look at box scores and stat sheets, apparently.

Your little choices with adjectives or descriptions are horrendous. No one is buying your spin jobs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Safeties : Let me break down the numbers for you dooosh, when you give up less points than another team, you defense is better, no matter what yard line you are giving up the score from.  Another brilliant statement from you.  You think that where you get scored upon from is far more important than how often you get scored upon!  Awesome!  A far more useful breakdown of defense is how often opponents convert 3rd downs.  Any clue where that much improved NE D ranks and how much worse they are from last year?  You try to cherry pick stats that will somehow make that horrible D better.  In the end, how many points are you giving up.  You seem to be enthralled with all of those sacks by the NE D this year.  The reality is, although it is clearly helpful to have a solid pass rush, apparently you can have the best D while not getting very many sacks, as the Jets proved. Last year's patsy team was better, by the way.  A far more balanced team.  This year the offense is a little better the defense is a lot worse. 

Not really true, necessarily.

NE can score very quickly putting it's defense back out on the field, which obviously leaves more chances for the other team to put up points. Not to mention it's very obvious Belichick has spent much of the time using the big leads to experiement with his very young and new defense. 

If you watched the games, you'd know this.

Meanwhile, NY's offense stalls in the red zone and doesn't even get things like a FG coming off a Bye week for 60 minutes.

lol

Last year's Pats team was "better"?  lol!!!!

Cue up the theme to One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest or Shutter Island.

Oh my good god. 

How long have you had mental illness, do you think?  Is it something that happened recently or has it been a battle for a long time?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Again - they might, but if the Jets play as they are capable, they should be able to negate some of the Pats strengths. I don't agree with you 100% about game 2 because if you are correct, then BB cannot be in the discussion for greatest head coach. BB does not cater to divas and he certainly wouldn't sell off a win to a divisional opponent just to try and market a player he wants to trade. But I am not going to belabor that point - we agree to disagree here. As for Brady - just like BB, he is part of the greatest of all-time conversation. But even the greatest can be bested by excellent teams. The question is, do the Jets want to be that excellent team? I think we find out more about the Jets than we do about the Pats on Monday. Whether that is good or bad, I don't know.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Dude, it was Week 2.  All NFL teams are still tinkering and trying to see what works and what doesn't.

Go look up BB's record after Thanksgivng and in the postseason.

Thanks.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Of course the Safety position can have something to do with the Run D in a 3-4.

lol!!

Don't look now, but your running game has some fumbling issues and it's not as good as last year's.  Period.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I agree the 3rd down D isn't good.  I am not going to argue with stats that match the reality.

See, I am not delusional like you.

NE's point differential is BETTER than NY's.

You lost this debate yet again.  What a shock.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Safeties : Dude, it was Week 2.  All NFL teams are still tinkering and trying to see what works and what doesn't. Go look up BB's record after Thanksgivng and in the postseason. Thanks.

Dude - I am not some little kid. And I certainly don't appreciate you trying to talk down to me when you have no answer. If I have already acknowledged BB's place in football history, then what point are you trying to make. You have put the gm 2 loss on the Pats continued usage of Moss that game. I think you even mentioned once that this was BB's way of showcasing him for a future trade. And this in turn led to a loss to a divisional rival. Now why would BB do that? That is certainly not the actions of a great head coach; only a vindictive one which I don't believe BB to be. The points you have made in previous threads about game 2 and the use of Moss does not strengthen your argument now.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Safeties : Yeah, and NE defense is so poor, especially on third down that it just stays on the field.  So what you have is a great offense that can score quickly that then leaves it's already bad defense to get scored upon regularly - although apparently more often from outside the 20.  Given NE poor TOP, it would seem that teams are having long drives from the 20 to the 20 and then busting it into the endzone on the next play.  Good thing that 20 something ranked D is so good in the red zone.   I tried to find some stats for points & W-L records coming off a bye week against the tope defense in the NFL.  Seems that you are just as likely to lose that game as playing on a short week.  What a shocker.  Apparently, great D's win games. You should write that one down.  It will be usefull for you, next Monday. Only a fool like you would think that it is better to score less points, yet have a higher redzone % and give up more points and have a lower redzone %.  You are a complete idiot. And yes, last years patsies team was better.  A top 10 offense and defense is better than a number one offense and a suckass defense.  Look no further than point differential.  When you are so one sided, you limit the ways you can win.  When your offense gets shut down, you're dead (see Browns and Jets games).

Here's some stats for you.  Acu-score, which has been very accurate, has the Pats winning @ 68% (that leaves 32% for you).  It also has the Pats gaining 5 RYPC and the Jets @ 3.5.  It's amazing how something unbiased and uses stats correctly can reveal the truth.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Safeties : Dude - I am not some little kid. And I certainly don't appreciate you trying to talk down to me when you have no answer. If I have already acknowledged BB's place in football history, then what point are you trying to make. You have put the gm 2 loss on the Pats continued usage of Moss that game. I think you even mentioned once that this was BB's way of showcasing him for a future trade. And this in turn led to a loss to a divisional rival. Now why would BB do that? That is certainly not the actions of a great head coach; only a vindictive one which I don't believe BB to be. The points you have made in previous threads about game 2 and the use of Moss does not strengthen your argument now.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

How am I talking down to you. You made a dumb comment and I called you on it.

I think BB was in the middle of tinkering with the 2007-2009 offense and trying to meld it with the new TE/RB/Weis style.  I would say they thought they could take advantage by using Moss in the second half, but it still remained preditcable, which again, that's a problem.  You live, you learn. 

No one said he was perfect.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Safeties : Yes, it is.  Who cares?  The patsies point dif is worse than it was last year.  PD is a good way to compare your team to itself.  Are you thinking that NE is going to put up 30 on Monday?  Seriously?

I could care less about 2009.

Facts in 2010:

1. Team concept which includes comraderie, focus, passion, etc, are all vastly improved intangibles from 2009.

2. Health

3. Depth

4. Offensive Balance

5. Defense/Big Play ability

6. Special Teams

Not even close in all of these areas.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Safeties : No doubt, those fumbles are a concern.  So, you think that the running game is not as good because they run the ball less? Or is it because they now have a back that can catch the ball?  In other words, you are saying that Sanchez is a whole lot better. If the running game is worse and the offense, on the whole, is a lot better, it must be the passing game.  I knew that you'd come around.  You can only deny the facts for so long.  Can we all assume that you do not believe in global warming or the hollocaust?

You should learn how to spell the words you use and not use words like "useful" or "Holocaust" when you can't figure out how to spell them.

Yes, Sanchez is better, but that would be an easy bet based on how bad he was last year with 12 TDs and 20 INTs.

lol

Watch out from here on out, though. You'll be reminded, if you are here past next Monday.  lmao

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Adding extra letters into words, mulitple times, are NOT typos, Corky.  You aren't fooling anyone.

You put two "l"s in the word "useful" because that is how you spell it. Also, same deal with "holocaust".   lmao

Nice try, little drip.  We all know who we are dealing with here.  A very simple minded rube as a Jets fan.

What are the questions, simpleton?

I'll be happy to answer any pathetic question from you, so I can continue to bitchslap you into a messageboard coma.

Also, Sanchez is hidden behind the run game. And his slants and roll outs. lmao

Sections
Shortcuts