Jets Should Report Pats to League Office

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfans. Show patsfans's posts

Jets Should Report Pats to League Office

You'll get a kick out of this one:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/03/jets-should-be-pestering-the-league-office-to-penalize-the-pats/

I don't see where the issue is considering they reported he was injured, he was listed as "Probable", and he ended up playing.  So other than that I don't get what his problem is - other than trying to stir up trouble.

Ian

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

Re: Jets Should Report Pats to League Office

What's your point? That all New Yorkers are whining puzzies? That they have a double standard & that it's all right for the Patriots to be punished, but not for the Jets to be punished for the same "offenses"?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The reason you don't see the issue, patsfans, is because there isn't one.

Florio is a dope with too many column inches to fill and not enough ideas in his head (who also does not appear to know the difference between "flaunting" and "flouting."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfans. Show patsfans's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Should Report Pats to League Office:
    The reason you don't see the issue, patsfans, is because there isn't one. Florio is a dope with too many colomn inches to fill and not enough ideas in his head (who also does not appear to know the difference between "flaunting" and "flouting."
    Posted by p-mike

I agree with you.  When you have a national stage I think it's funny that it seems like he's trying to stir up trouble to see if someone else picks up on it and runs with it.  I think when you look at the facts it's clearly a dead issue.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Who cares it was a non issue but it wouldn't surprise if the Jets front office hasn't already complained. They will be searching for any excuse as to why they didn't win the division after this season,so file this away for future whining by both the Jets and their fans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

So what I'm getting outta this is that:  Favre has a big mouth, and it hurt the Jets, because Favre revealed with his loud mouth-Very specific aspects about his particular inury he had at the time...specific traits that Favre never even HAD to reveal in the first place.  AND so, the specifics about his injury that were revealed, COUNTERED the Team's Injury Report which he wasn't on...And so the NY Jets got a fine because of this.

Now Brady on the otherhand, WAS on NE's injury report-With undisclosed injuries to his finger/thumb and also his ribs...  

And SO, The Write concludes that in light of Brady NOT having a loud-mouth like Favre does, and therefore Brady NOT talking with the media about the absolutely SPECIFIC and In-Full-And-Total-Detail, About every aspect of his Rib and thumb injury, THEN and THUS-NE and Tom Brady lied too, because hedidn't say EVERYthing (although he was never obligated to say everything in detail)...  I can only assume Brady according to the writer, IS hurting 2 different groups of people by not saying and telling EVERY single & totally specific aspect of his Injuries:  A) Gamblers that want to know precisely HOW MUCH and how bad Brady's injury was, so they can adjust/simply beat the gambling spread; And B) Brady's ALSO being COMPLETELY unfair to the poor team's oppossing defense, by not sticking a large flourescent arrow sticker in the EXACT places on his body that hurts him the most...so that oppossing Defense can simply kill him.

~In the end, I don't even wanna live in a world where the mob bookies just may get the short end of a bet, OR In a world where the ferocious 6'6 300lb psychos on a rival team canNOT get some inside info in order to physically cripple MY team's QB... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Boy that was dumb.  I'd like those 5 minutes of my life back.  Pointless article and even dumber comments.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Objective Journalism

Died 8 July 2010

RIP

The final blow came from Mike Florio

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

On this issue, i just ended up at some ranting Colts site called stampede blue and ran across this thread where multiple colts fans actually made intelligent statements and took our side!  see it here http://www.stampedeblue.com/2010/7/3/1551025/patriots-might-have-been-caught

WOW that was a refreshing change.  The guy who mostly writes for them is a lathered up foaming idiot, but he got schooled by his readers here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well, I take Colts fans on their individual merits (or lack thereof), but Stampede Blue is a joke.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Should Report Pats to League Office:
    On this issue, i just ended up at some ranting Colts site called stampede blue and ran across this thread where multiple colts fans actually made intelligent statements and took our side!  see it here  http://www.stampedeblue.com/2010/7/3/1551025/patriots-might-have-been-caught WOW that was a refreshing change.  The guy who mostly writes for them is a lathered up foaming idiot, but he got schooled by his readers here.
    Posted by Davedsone

If "Jets" Goodell were to attempt to take the Pats to task on this, he'd have to go after every team in the league, including the sainted Colts. Every team fudges on it's injury report.

Why advertise to the opposing team that your QB has a bad hand and busted ribs? You might as well paint a bull-eye on him in those areas.

As for it affecting gambling, people who gamble on sporting events, or anything else, do so at their own risk. If the league wants to do something to improve the integrity of the game, why not remove biased hacks like Bill Polian from the Rules Committee? Why not better train, and scrutinize, their officials? Why not limit the PI penalty to 10 yards and an automatic first down...unless the interference is flagrant? For example, a flagrant penalty can be limited to where a receiver clearly gets pulled down, pushed, or held. In so doing, the league can limit those hated game-changing, 50 yard, ticky-tack PI penalties. 

Sections
Shortcuts