Jets suspended Sal Alosi for the remainder of the regular season and playoffs without pay

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Jets suspended Sal Alosi for the remainder of the regular season and playoffs without pay

Alosi was fined an additional $25,000, which is a significant amount for a strength coach. Alosi apologized for his actions Monday, saying he "wasn't thinking" when he stuck out his leg out to prevent Carroll from covering a punt. "Nothing went through my head," said Alosi. "I feel terrible." He's lucky Carroll wasn't seriously injured. He's also lucky to still have his job.
    Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

Re: Jets suspended Sal Alosi for the remainder of the regular season and playoffs without pay

In Response to Jets suspended Sal Alosi for the remainder of the regular season and playoffs without pay:
    [QUOTE]Alosi was fined an additional $25,000, which is a significant amount for a strength coach. Alosi apologized for his actions Monday, saying he "wasn't thinking" when he stuck out his leg out to prevent Carroll from covering a punt. "Nothing went through my head," said Alosi. "I feel terrible." He's lucky Carroll wasn't seriously injured. He's also lucky to still have his job. Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

And he didn't get punished at all for sneaking into that party at Obummer's big white house.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: Jets suspended Sal Alosi for the remainder of the regular season and playoffs without pay

well luckily for him, he will only be affected by the suspension without pay for the remainder of the regular season because the jests will not be making the playoffs this year. collapse-engage

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

That seems about right, IMO.  Better for the Jets that they did it, with all the bad publicity they have had this year.

I wrote last night that maybe this attitude comes down from the top, not just down from Ryan.  But if it doesn't, can you imagine what Woody is thinking about his team going off the rails in so many ways?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

That's all fine that the Jets are trying to save face, but it took too long. Goodell needs to come down on them like he did to the Broncos, but he'll probably just let the Jets slide again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

i may be a contrarian on this but i am not buying the koolaid on this one... i do not think what he did warrants both a 25k fine and suspension without pay for the rest of the year. i would fine him 5 to 10K and perhaps ban him from the SIDELINES for the rest of the year but come on, who amongst have never had that thought or impulse or wondered y it doesnt happen more often? it was clearly a subtle spur of the momemt thing. this is a major overreaction and a classic case of beating on the little guy (no, not that little guy pervs). what can sal do about it? there is no union or daddy big bucks to fight for him. not going to pile on rexy for this one. just an unfortunate INCIDENT!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

It was a cheap move, that could easily be self policed....anyone think a few RBs on sweeps, or LBs diving for a tackle, don't pull-up heading out of bounds on the Jets sideline the rest of the season?   When some Jets staff start getting laid out, maybe the point will be taken.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I thought he should be fired. And if I was a HC I would not consider hiring the guy for any other team. Whether "spur of the moment" or no, it was malicious. He wasn't thinking? What happens when he forgets to think when dealing with a player's therapy or suppliments? If I tried to injure someone on the job my a s s would be canned immediately. At the least, next season he should be banned from the sidelines during the games. Someone should ask Tomlinson if that kind of "class" comes from their head coach! Maybe next year an opposing QB could waste a down and do like Adam Sandler did to the ref in the movie! That would surely make him back off the sidelines!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Alosi is an $h!thead and should be fired all together. If a fan was on the field and did something like that they would be arrested. Just another typical NY
    d!ckhead move on his part.

Go Pats!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Richard Seymour punched Big Ben in the mouth and got 25k and no suspension.  Andre Johnson and Finnegan got in an actual fist fight on the field and got NO fine or suspension so I would say the penalty was pretty stiff for what this guy got compared to those.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

Fire him. What an idiot

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

Spur of the moment?  They coaches were lined up like they were playing a game of "red-rover-red-rover, send your player over so we can mess with him."
    What if a player had done that?  The punishment should be more severe in this case because it was a coach on the sideline.  Opponents certainly aren't expecting cheap shots . . . from coaches!  That's a whole nuther level of bad.
    The guy should not have been fined nor suspended.  Just fired.  Send a message Jets, are you serious about football, or not?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

I'm surprised at the amount of people lining up to defend the guy. What if the kid had suffered a career ending knee injury?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Jets suspended Sal Alosi for the remainder of the regular season and playoffs without pay:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Jets suspended Sal Alosi for the remainder of the regular season and playoffs without pay : And he didn't get punished at all for sneaking into that party at Obummer's big white house.
    Posted by knightsailor[/QUOTE]

Good example of the mental capacity of obama haters

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nemeses. Show Nemeses's posts

In most instances attitude always reflects leadership and this coach acted without thinking (his words). The jests get caught cheating and now they are gonna throw this coach under the bus for doing HIS JOB. This coach and several other members of the jests organization were in formation standing at ease along the sideline. Is that coincidence or standard operating procedure for these dolts? This is tripgate and the jests have been caught red handed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Just a thought i have! Why hasnt roger goodell even make a satement on this issue ?From my understanding is that the NFL didnt do anything and the jets did the fine and suspention on thier own

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Jets suspended Sal Alosi for the remainder of the regular season and playoffs without pay:
    [QUOTE]That seems about right, IMO.  Better for the Jets that they did it, with all the bad publicity they have had this year. I wrote last night that maybe this attitude comes down from the top, not just down from Ryan.  But if it doesn't, can you imagine what Woody is thinking about his team going off the rails in so many ways?
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Very insecure organization because they run second fiddle to the Giants. Always been like that for them.

Potemkin Village.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]              Just a thought i have! Why hasnt roger goodell even make a satement on this issue ?From my understanding is that the NFL didnt do anything and the jets did the fine and suspention on thier own
    Posted by lippa[/QUOTE]

Roger would never do anything to hurt his Jets after he's put in so much time trying to give them an easy path to a SB appearence.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets suspended Sal Alosi for the remainder of the regular season and playoffs without pay : Roger would never do anything to hurt his Jets after he's put in so much time trying to give them an easy path to a SB appearence.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

I am enjoying the Jets collapse as much as anyone but this league conspiracy thing is getting old.  Not sure how you call this December tilt an "easy path"

@New England
    Maimi
    @Pitt
    @Chicago

Thats a pretty brutal 4 game stretch in December.  You want too see easy go look at Indy or SD schedule.  Not saying to feel sorry for the Jets put to say thats easy is just not realistic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]That's all fine that the Jets are trying to save face, but it took too long. Goodell needs to come down on them like he did to the Broncos, but he'll probably just let the Jets slide again.
    Posted by .406[/QUOTE]

This is the correct answer, right here^.

If Assholi had worked for me, he would have been fired immediately for deliberately trying to injure that kid. This nonsense that "nothing was going through his mind" and that it was a simple spur-of-the-moment accident is boolsheet of the purest ray serene. If the commissioner had any integrity (he does not) he would come down hard on Green New Jersey for waffling on this for so long.

As it is, I'm sure the league offices will deem the punishment sufficient, pat Rex on the head and just chalk it up to "boys being boys."

Disgusting.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

People on the side lines are supposed to avoid players not deliberately block them.    Aliola was the "get back " couch who's jobs was to tell people to get back from the side lines when a play is come their way.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets suspended Sal Alosi for the remainder of the regular season and playoffs without pay : I am enjoying the Jets collapse as much as anyone but this league conspiracy thing is getting old.  Not sure how you call this December tilt an "easy path" @New England Maimi @Pitt @Chicago Thats a pretty brutal 4 game stretch in December.  You want too see easy go look at Indy or SD schedule.  Not saying to feel sorry for the Jets put to say thats easy is just not realistic.
    Posted by Patsman2[/QUOTE]

That's 4 games out of the whole season. They have to play in their opponent's stadium within the division and have to play the inter conference games. Other than that though they had the easiest schedule possible for a team that went to the Conference championship game the previous year. No Chargers no Colts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets suspended Sal Alosi for the remainder of the regular season and playoffs without pay : That's 4 games out of the whole season. They have to play in their opponent's stadium within the division and have to play the inter conference games. Other than that though they had the easiest schedule possible for a team that went to the Conference championship game the previous year. No Chargers no Colts
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

Evil the league has NO say in who a team plays.  That is based on the division their in and their standing in that division the prior year.

What the leauge CAN do is decide when each game is played.  If the league wanted to make it EASY for the Jets they would NOT put together a december schedule like the one I listed.  If you want easy, you send the Jets to Chicago in Sept not Dec.  You dont send them to NE, Pitts, & Chicago almost back to back to back you spread them out over the year.

But no need to argue lets just enjoy the games.  I look forward to the Steelers game this week-end and the Jets continued slide, however I do have a feeling the Jets are going to beat Chicago. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

If the Jets beat Chicago, I'll send you $50.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]If the Jets beat Chicago, I'll send you $50.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Excellent now I cant lose no matter how the game turns out.