Jets to Bag Sanchez, and Go With Vick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Jets to Bag Sanchez, and Go With Vick?

The Jets are dumb enough to do something like that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Tebow could be CFL bound. Developing there and winning a couple of Grey Cup titles appear to be his best and only chance to eventually becoming a starting QB in the NFL. As for Sanchez, no team is going to take him, under his current contract. The Jets will have to release him.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think so.  CFL is more of a passing league then the NFL.  If he can't get a job in the NFL as a passer, I don't see it happening in the CFL.  Plus, Tebow's ego won't let him go to the CFL.  The CFL is dying!!

[/QUOTE]

All the more reason that Tebow would be a hot commodity in that league. People will come to see him play. As for his passing, keep in mind that he'll be playing against far less talented secondaries, and defenses in general, than he'd be facing on a weekly basis in the NFL.  The worst team in the NFL is better than a CFL team of all-stars. There's the occasional Cameron Wake, but players like him are rare in Canada. It would be a great place for Tebow to hone his skills, rebuild his reputation, and his confidence.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

[QUOTE]

I thought about adding this post to the "Jets, A Thread of Laughs" thread. But, I thought that this latest piece of Goblin lunacy deserved it's own thread: http://tracking.si.com/2012/12/20/mark-sanchez-trade-jets-michael-vick/?sct=uk_t2_a3; and http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/12/report_says_michael_vick_would.html 

How is the aging, injury prone, turnover prone Vick going to make them any better? I feel kind of bad for Mark Sanchez. What weapons did the Jets surround him with? Slot receiver Jeremy Curley? WR Stephen "Butterfingers" Hill? Grossly overrated RB Shonn Green, and the even grosser RB, Joe McNight? The kid never had a chance, this year.  

[/QUOTE]

Have to disagree TP---Sancheez salary cap at 12 million if released and 4.8 for 2014--and Vick will want 6-10 million--won't work under the cap---Jets are married to this guy for 1 more year like it or not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I thought about adding this post to the "Jets, A Thread of Laughs" thread. But, I thought that this latest piece of Goblin lunacy deserved it's own thread: http://tracking.si.com/2012/12/20/mark-sanchez-trade-jets-michael-vick/?sct=uk_t2_a3; and http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/12/report_says_michael_vick_would.html 

How is the aging, injury prone, turnover prone Vick going to make them any better? I feel kind of bad for Mark Sanchez. What weapons did the Jets surround him with? Slot receiver Jeremy Curley? WR Stephen "Butterfingers" Hill? Grossly overrated RB Shonn Green, and the even grosser RB, Joe McNight? The kid never had a chance, this year.  

[/QUOTE]

Have to disagree TP---Sancheez salary cap at 12 million if released and 4.8 for 2014--and Vick will want 6-10 million--won't work under the cap---Jets are married to this guy for 1 more year like it or not.

[/QUOTE]

Disagree with what? It's not my idea for the Jets to bring Vick aboard. In fact, if you go back and read my previous posts, you'll see that I agree with you. Vick is not the answer. As for the money issue, Vick has already said that if he comes to NY and "The Sanchise" is still around, that he wants to be paid more than the $12mil. that Sanchez is scheduled to make. So, of course you're right. The Jets appear to be stuck with "The Sanchise" for one more year. As I stated in a previous post above, no one is going to trade for Sanchez, and take on his current contract. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Tebow could be CFL bound. Developing there and winning a couple of Grey Cup titles appear to be his best and only chance to eventually becoming a starting QB in the NFL. As for Sanchez, no team is going to take him, under his current contract. The Jets will have to release him.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think so.  CFL is more of a passing league then the NFL.  If he can't get a job in the NFL as a passer, I don't see it happening in the CFL.  Plus, Tebow's ego won't let him go to the CFL.  The CFL is dying!!

[/QUOTE]

All the more reason that Tebow would be a hot commodity in that league. People will come to see him play. As for his passing, keep in mind that he'll be playing against far less talented secondaries, and defenses in general, than he'd be facing on a weekly basis in the NFL.  The worst team in the NFL is better than a CFL team of all-stars. There's the occasional Cameron Wake, but players like him are rare in Canada. It would be a great place for Tebow to hone his skills, rebuild his reputation, and his confidence.   

[/QUOTE]

While it might be interesting to see how it would play out I don't see Tebow doing well in the CFL.

It's true that the overall talent level is much lower but that also applies to the WR's and o-linemen that Tebow would be playing with.

He would have to throw the ball a lot more and with 3 down football his margin of error would be much smaller. I could see a typical series where a short run is followed by an errant Tebow pass and then out comes the punter.

I'm sure some people would pay to see him but overall the CFL is in solid shape in terms of attendance. They don't really need Tebow in that respect.

The bottom line is if teams in the NFL aren't sold on him as a QB now I'm not sure that a couple years in a lesser league are going to change anyone's mind.

We may get to find out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Looks like the Jets will be stuck with "The Sanchise" for at least one more year. How does that grab you, Leon, and Fireman Ed??: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/21/report-its-believedsanchez-will-stay-put/

LOL!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

What a mess this organization is.  I wonder what the fall out will be when the year is over.  It looks like the Jets will have to go after a QB in the draft.  With needy QB teams ahead of them I wonder what they will do? 

The Jets are in a salary cap hell too.  They have used up most of that odd four year band that was put in place to streach out contracts.  Granted, dumping Sanchez after next year they will have some space but that will only get eaten up by the next upcoming QB for the Jets.  What a comedy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Jets are dumb enough to do something like that.

[/QUOTE]

I'd buy that.  At the top of the Jets wish list is selling seat licenses to fans.  Right now they don't have many fans.  So, what they have done in the recent past is sign high profile but low impact players.  LaDanian Tomlinson made lots of money on the Jets but was rather worthless.  Tim Tebow's $5 million salary came with him but he was pretty worthless.

The Jets have a little cap Hades issue.  They owe the Sanchize a guaranteed $13 million next year.  Somehow they have to trade him in such a way that the other team pays, say, $1 million for Sanchez's services while the Jets chip in $12 million in guaranteed money just to keep him playing for the other team. 

It's possible to sign Vick for one or two million if he's no good.  If he's any good, the Jets can't really afford him, not with all their guaranteed money for bad players. 

This leaves open the question of who is going to play quarterback for the Jets, if it's discovered that Vick isn't any good anymore.  How about Wildcat Pat White of the Miami Dolphins?  And is Leon going to be the new general manager?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jimmytantric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Disagree with what? It's not my idea for the Jets to bring Vick aboard. In fact, if you go back and read my previous posts, you'll see that I agree with you. Vick is not the answer. As for the money issue, Vick has already said that if he comes to NY and "The Sanchise" is still around, that he wants to be paid more than the $12mil. that Sanchez is scheduled to make. So, of course you're right. The Jets appear to be stuck with "The Sanchise" for one more year. As I stated in a previous post above, no one is going to trade for Sanchez, and take on his current contract. 

[/QUOTE]

Sorry TP got you mixed up with another poster?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Willing to bet we see McElroy start for the Jets next year.  Tebow moves on, Sanchez plays backup.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

It's probably been mentioned on this thread already but I read that the Jets are paying Sanchez the exact amount that the Patriots are paying Brady this year 11.75 million. Wow, they are ridiculous lol. Didn't they draft Sanchez like 5th overall? All teams make mistakes but the Jets take it to a whole new level.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What a mess this organization is.  I wonder what the fall out will be when the year is over.  It looks like the Jets will have to go after a QB in the draft.  With needy QB teams ahead of them I wonder what they will do? 

The Jets are in a salary cap hell too.  They have used up most of that odd four year band that was put in place to streach out contracts.  Granted, dumping Sanchez after next year they will have some space but that will only get eaten up by the next upcoming QB for the Jets.  What a comedy.

[/QUOTE]

This whole mess was caused due to the Jets' desire to compete immediately with the Patriots. It caused some poor contractual decisions, such as signing attitude challenged WR Santonio Holmes to a huge deal...followed by the signing of QB Mark Sanchez to a lucrative extension.  

In 2013, I expect that Tim Tebow will be gone, and GM Mike Tannenbaum to be fired, along with OC Tony Sparano. But, who replaces them? Will a new GM want to be saddled with a strong personality like Rex Ryan as his head coach? They may try bringing aboard Scott Pioli from KC, to be the GM. They'll stick another year with "The Sanchise", and hire Norv Turner as their new OC, to work with him. As for the draft, they must add a DE/OLB pass-rusher, WR, RT, TE, QB, and a RB. Joe McKnight is not Kevin Faulk, and never will be. Shonn Green is okay...but nothing more.  

Over the past couple of years, moths have gotten into the Goblin attire, leaving lots of holes to fill.   

15. This post has been removed.