Jets trade Derrick Mason

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Re: Jets trade Derrick Mason

In Response to Re: Jets trade Derrick Mason:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets trade Derrick Mason : Schottenhemier is the scapegoat. I feel he's protected Sanchez so well, he should be applauded. Now, that the training wheels are off and Sanchez is more exposed it's Schottenheimer's fault?  Not buying that one. They just know Schotty is replaceable and that Sanchez makes 15 million per year.  It's actually a perfect storm from our standpoint. The Jets will bury themselves with Sanchez for more than just this year, and they'll refuse to admmit he's just not going to be an elite QB in this league. He's not even a Cutler...or a Flacco! The run game and their D has helped Sanchez so much in 2009 and 2010. We know that. When they tried to see how Sanchez would react by opening the playbook last year off their Bye, it failed miserably. Schottenheimer is the scapegoat, because the players are used to playing with better QBs.  Holmes had Rapelisturd, Burress had him and Eli and Mason had Flacco and before that, McNair. When you pass more to start a season, brag about "taking flight" and all this crap, why doesn't the crappy QB get any blame?  Why is that?  I bet Mason was shocked at how bad Sanchez is.  lol
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you said, except about Shottenheimer, he calls lousy games for them and it goes back to before either Sanchez or Ryan was with the team.  He's a problem for them but players should not be stabbing him the back both in public and in private. If Shottenheimer needs to be dealt with, that's for Ryan to do but as I look at things now, its very hard now to see who is in control of that team. It's Ryan's responsibility but I don't see him stepping up and actually taking control, he just seems to run his mouth at pressers.  The YETS are toast, the whole ball of plastic wrap is coming unraveled.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The point is the Jets traded, what, five players to get Sanchise and they would rather throw Schotty under a bus than admit that they overvalued a mediocre QB on draft day.

The Jets are a collection of massive egos (LT the baby included) and aside from Mangold and Revis they really don't have too many great leaders in the locker room.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]Yep. All those camp quotes from their immature and arrogant group (Burress, Mason, Holmes, etc), are just classic examples of why the leadership on that team is a massive red flag for them. There was an article this week about this aspect and it's very true. Woody, Ellis, Jason Taylor, Cotchery, even Kris Jenkins, etc, were respected locker room guys who had some semblance of leadership.  All gone in 2011. Now, they have far less of it and it's because they didn't develop anyone in their system the last 3-4 years. These Jets fans overrate everything. They're so shocked they don't miss on a 1st rd pick or actually hit on a 3rd rd pick, that they think that's all it takes. A few trendy names in FA, some hype, and voila, the SB is ours. LMAO It's fascintating to read the Gang Green messageboard. Go over there for example and read any given thread.  On one thread, they were saying how deep they were at Def Line. Speechless. BJGE ran over Pouha, their 32 yeard old journeyman NT. Ran him over.  I have never seen Wilfork run over in my life. DeVito is subbed in for running downs or perceived running plays, which means that's all he can really do. Bryan Thomas is done for the year. He's 32. His careeer is likely over. Kenrick Ellis? Their 3rd rd pick? Inactive again. Where was Muhammad Wilkerson on Sunday?  ABSENT.  1st rd pick on a teamm desperate for help. They send Jamal Westerman on any overload zone blitz and he acts like he's Lawrence Taylor in the newspaper after the game. FAIL At some point, all these stupid moves of theirs that were gimmick, short term moves, (that old friend Phat Rex/McCheaters was vehemently defending here for TWO YEARS as our team patiently rebuilt correctly), simply all catches up to you. You cannot build teams like that in this kind of a cap environment.

Yeah, that Green Gang site is hysterical but now in two ways.  Its so funny to read the swings of emotion from deep depression to rising hope and then back to deep depression.  One could almost feel sorry for them.  However, now it is truly becoming hysterical, in that they are finally beginning to see that the team they thought would surely win the division and the S.B /> this year, will probably do niether of those things.  They were so sure. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Jets have lost a tiebreaker against Baltimore.  They have three losses in the AFC, which could be a tiebreaker against perhaps Pittsburgh, Buffalo or New England.  They still have two tough games against a resurgent Buffalo (who I rate above the Jets at this point) and they're 0-1 in division play.  They haven't been that good a team, so the idea of them outsprinting everyone to the playoffs is dubious.  So, the idea of them shutting everything down and going for 2012 isn't completely far-fetched.  Cashiering a #3 wide receiver is a positive step for the long-term health of the team, although it sure doesn't help their chances this year.

Have I recently commented on the problems involved with putting a bunch of known drunks on a team?  They have Cromartie in the background too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets trade Derrick Mason : He may not be Charlie Weis, but Tom Moore was hired to "consult". I guess my point is, why does everyone look to blame everyone but Sanchez. This is his 3rd year in that offense and he's clearly shown absolutely no progress. In fact, you could argue he has regressed or just flatlined, because his run game protected/hid his flaws in 2009 and 2010. It's like when we had Bledsoe.  He progressed.  They got Curtis Martin and Terry Glenn, Shawn Jefferson, etc, and it helped take some heat off Bledsoe, but we didn't try to hide Bledsoe with good weaponry. Why would any team with that kind of an investment do that with a QB?? The Jets O Line and run game was #1 and #3 in his first two years and look at his stats!! They're awful for a 1st rd pick QB!  12 TDs, 20 INTs in 2009 - AWFUL with a #1 run game. 17 TDs, 12 INTs, in 2010 - Better, but he had 8 INTs dropped, an NFL high If you are doing that, even as a young QB with a top flight run game and O Line? I mean, seriously? That;'s NOT good.  15+ million per year? Really? The 8-8/9-7 mirage season was just that. A mirage. But, they all bought into it. Then, last year, they won 3 games in OT against mediocre/bad teams (Houston, Cleveland, Detroit). Also, Buffalo fumbled a game away at the end in NY.  That was another gift for them. Think about that, they almost lost at home to a struggling Buffalo because the game was handed away late on a fumble. If they lose a coin toss, Kevin Walter doesn't fall down wide open after beating Revis, etc, they aren't in the playoffs. They had 2 cupcaked playoff appearances, where their O Line and defense, two playoff type staples, did well, but they clearly aren't elite. Nor is Sanchez. McElroy looked better in one preseason game in Houston than Sanchez has all year. Did you watch the first half against Jax?  If Jax didn't have a worse QB in McCown and actually had weapons, NY loses that game. They're a 1-4/0-5 type team to start the year, but they just drew Jaxc in Week 2 and Dallad handed them a win. Truth hurts Jets fans. Schottenheimer will take the fall, but all they are doing is covering up major flaws. I am alwasy fascinated how the NY media over-hype players and when a Sanchez has a good game once every 3 or 4 games, they act like he's a HOFer. And their dopey fans believe it! It's like, did you even watch the game? Then, look at his leadership! http://espn.go.com/new-york/conversations/_/id/7089926/mark-sanchez-believes-new-york-jets-make-postseason What? Horrendous! I'd be beyond ticked off if this was my QB.

I agree with you about Sanchez but it was Ryan, the fans and the NY media that anointed him.  Yes, he's said some stupid things over three years but it was not he who made himself the Sanchize, that was done to him.  With his skill set, he will never live up to that billing.  YETS fans saw him being as good as Brady right off the bat.  How funny is that?  That belief has fallen by the way side this season, as more and more YETS fans admit the truth to themselves.  The guy is not elite and never will be.  Within two years he will be a backup on some other team and you and I both know it.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I know I will get dumped on here but I think Sancheeze could be a good QB if they would let him develop into one. I think they handcuffed him from the get go because he was young and inexperienced, Schottie needs to take the handcuffs off him now and let him develop. If Rex wasn't making outlandish Superbowl predictions they could develop him properly and let him make mistakes and learn from them. Instead they limit his growth by having a highschool, maybe college OC running the offense.  Plain and simple Brian has his fathers play calling flaws'

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]I know I will get dumped on here but I think Sancheeze could be a good QB if they would let him develop into one. I think they handcuffed him from the get go because he was young and inexperienced, Schottie needs to take the handcuffs off him now and let him develop. If Rex wasn't making outlandish Superbowl predictions they could develop him properly and let him make mistakes and learn from them. Instead they limit his growth by having a highschool, maybe college OC running the offense.  Plain and simple Brian has his fathers play calling flaws'
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

I don't think Shotty is Mike Martz or Charlie Weiss but I do think if they take the proverbial reigns off Sanchez he will throw 3 int's a game easy. That's why they shut him down in the first place. I remember when they came up with that "Red Light/Green light" system for him because he was costing them games. I really haven't seen any progress with his ability to go down field this year. That being said I would love to see them let Sanchez go just for entertainment value.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

the jets fall is no surprise at all. they lost some key guys in the offseason and they are an old team. sanchez stinks, he's probably the 25th best starter in the league at best. 

they just lost 3 in a row, probably will win sunday,  then lose another 3 in a row.  they should finish up at 9-7 or 8-8 ..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

When you empower the guys in your locker room to use their mouths as weapons, is it surprising that they turn on you when things go bad?  The bravado is great when you're winning.  When you're losing it's very hard to get guys to shut their mouths and get back to work. 

Re: Mason, it was the band aid of all band aids, they needed bodies after they let Edwards and Cotchery walk.  He was a good player, and can fill in by playing a bit part on a contender.  But he's not gonna bring the best out in Sanchez.  And now that the defense can't stop the run game the Jets' offensive problems are magnified. 

I give the Jets some credit though.  They didn't lay down and play dead.  They knew they had to win this past Sunday to save their season.  But there are some holes on that roster, and New England obviously learned a lesson about relying on the passing game too much. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Just curious, would you take Sancheeze over..

Eli Manning
    Rex Grossman
    Tim Tebow
    Kyle Orton
    Joe Flacco
    Jason Campbell
    Tarvaris Jackson pre injury
    Blaine Gabbert
    Who ever is Qbing the Colts mess
    Chad Henne pre injury
    Jay Cutler
    Matt Hasselbeck

I think out of that list I would take Flacco above Sancheeze and maybe, just mabe Eli But easily Sancheeze has more potential with a good OC then any other of those other QB's listed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Wasn't the great Tom Moore going to right the world according to the NewYork?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Hey if they can get something for that has-been, maybe the Pats can still unload Ocho.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dyslexic. Show dyslexic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets trade Derrick Mason : Agreed completely. Sanchez symbolizes what is wrong with their teambuilding movement since 2008 under Tannenbaum/Woody Johnson. This was all about getting people excited to buy expensive PSLs to a new stadium.  Rex Ryan is the champion of this hidden behind a whistle and a size 48 belt. He's Jerry Glanville in Atlanta in 1991.  It won't work. Nice coordinator, not a leader.  Look at the gimmicks: 2005 - Hire Manboobs (clearly not ready, but stolen from NE, weakens NE, gives fans hope in NY, probably better than Herm Edwards). 2006 - Good draft. Building correctly to start. Jets beat NE at Gillette, the only team to do so even to this day, giving them confidence.  Jets are asked to shutdown cameras at Foxborough after filming illegally, per NFL. Incident not reported. 2007 - Laverneus Coles says what the Jets collectively said ("Oh Fahk") after NE traded for Moss and Welker.  NE still appears to be clearly superior in every way, driving Jets crazy. Pats blast Jets in Week 1, Spygate starts with NY seizing an opportunity to try to weaken NE, they succeed, but NE does make it a SB. Twist in this timeline: NY Giants win SB.  This leaves the Jets as second fiddle, even more so, on the cusp of trying to pay for a new stadium. Giants will have  little problem in doing so, but the Jets? A BIG problem. 2008 - Jets sign Brett Favre after really no one else wanting a 16 million dollar a year 40 year old QB.  Jets rent a QB for one season, but Brady goes down, and the Jets miss peak chance to make a run. Their draft featured Gholston and trading up for Dustin Keller, a TE, into Round 1.  lol 2009 - Jets trade up for Mark Sanchez, chosen 6th overall, after the golden boy's own coach said he wasn't ready. Sanchez would make 17 million dollars in 2009 with bonuses on top of that.  NY signs a handful more pricey veterans yet again, on their last legs, hoping to catch lightning in a bottle.  They go 8-8 or what turns out to be 9-7, with a lucky draw in the playoffs (Cincy and perennial choke artists, SD). 2010 - NY, in an uncapped year, sign more pricey FAs, thinking they can make one last surged before a Lockout. They abandon all rational decision making, believe it's their time, and make a series of bad decisions, including having one of the WORST drafts in the league in the deepest draft in NFL history, or at least since 1983. I warned their fans and they have been had.  They got angry with me, but it was because I saw it coming. Many of us did.  Michael Felger was just on 98.5, literally 2 weeks ago, trying to lecture Jonathan Kraft about how the Jets aren't having cap issues, etc, but he could not be more incorrect. Kraft was incredulous and Felger kept cutting him off, wanting his premise to be right. And as usual, the dramatists and buffoons are wrong. Right from Gang Green's board and the most intelligent fan I've seen there: "It was all about 2009 and 2010..all the traded picks, FA pickups and other moves were to win when they were opening a new stadium and trying to sell ridiculously priced seats and PSLs. Now they will have to live with whatever fallout there may be. "

It was well documented that after the lockout ended the Jets were determined to get the best defensive back in the market, Nnamdi Asomugha. While he was playing the Jets for suckers the Jets were losing some of their free agents. that were leaders the past few years, to other teams. By the time Asomugha signed with the Eagles they had to settle for guys like Cromartie, who they over paid, and Mason. Todd Heap also left them at the alter. So they ended up paying too much for left overs. In the end it weakened both their offensive and defensive lines where games are won and lost which brings us back to they can't run the ball like they did the past two years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Stop with the Sancheeze talk, for some reason you are making me defend a QB on a team I really dislike!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets trade Derrick Mason : It was well documented that after the lockout ended the Jets were determined to get the best defensive back in the market, Nnamdi Asomugha. While he was playing the Jets for suckers the Jets were losing some of their free agents. that were leaders the past few years, to other teams. By the time Asomugha signed with the Eagles they had to settle for guys like Cromartie, who they over paid, and Mason. Todd Heap also left them at the alter. So they ended up paying too much for left overs. In the end it weakened both their offensive and defensive lines where games are won and lost which brings us back to they can't run the ball like they did the past two years.
    Posted by dyslexic[/QUOTE]

And look what good Asomugha has done for the Eagles. All their DBs have such huge egos they're all running around trying to make the big play and no one is paying any attention to the coverage schemes. Plus Asante knows he's out at the end of the season so he could care less.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Good stuff King. They have absolutely no depth at WR now. What happens if Holmes or Plax goes down with injury? Who else do they have? Kerley and Turned? McKnight is on their practice squad I believe. If they bring anyone in they will need to learn the system and work on chemistry with Sanchez. They obviously have no depth on the O-line. Their backup QB is a dinosaur. Keller is their only solid TE. They are ok at RB. FB is meh.

They have no depth and I doubt they finish the year without anymore injuries. Especially with the way Sanchez has been victimized lately. That team is screwed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Rex was predicting 80 catches for Mason in pre-season.  Word is they miss what guys like Damien Woody, Brad Smith, and Tony Richarson brought in workout and locker room leadership.  Mason is the worst kind of locker room lawyer.  He just got there and is organizing a mutiny of the WRs against Schotty.

25. This post has been removed.