Jets trash talk. How long will it take? Week 2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Jets trash talk. How long will it take? Week 2

I am guessing as soon as the Monday night game with the Ravens is over Jets players will start the trash talk on the Pats if not sooner. Anyone else have a take on this?

I say Pats win it week 2. It is not like they won't be prepared. I am expecting Brady and Moss to shut up ryan and revis.

Go Patriots.

PS: Love Ray Lewis comments to Ryan. Good stuff. Oh and Brady with a new contract and hating the Jets as well. Sweet!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Jets trash talk. How long will it take? Week 2

I don't think anything shuts them up. 

After they loss the last game against the Pats they still came out talking.  I think the New Jets fans are like the Colt fans.  The Colts can have a bad game and lose but if Manning plays well they will feel like they won. 

The Jets can play crappy and lose but if Revis keeps Moss from scoring 2 TD's (I'm guessing, since they were bragging about how great they were in the game where he only scored one) and they have a decent defensive performance than they will consider it a victory. 

They can talk all day about how high they have set their standards but when you only manage a win in the second round of the playoffs and act like you just created a dynasty it is more telling about where the standards for that organization are than all the bravado.

As we have all seen, a loss in the AFC championship game, or even the SB is considered a dissapointment for the Patriots and their fans, not a victory.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Thejets don't do their best talking until after they lose so I agree it will be Tuesday Morning After the Ravens Ream them a new one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from THEGREATgymrat36. Show THEGREATgymrat36's posts

Leon already started

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Jets trash talk. How long will it take? Week 2:
    [QUOTE]I am guessing as soon as the Monday night game with the Ravens is over Jets players will start the trash talk on the Pats if not sooner. Anyone else have a take on this? I say Pats win it week 2. It is not like they won't be prepared. I am expecting Brady and Moss to shut up ryan and revis. Go Patriots. PS: Love Ray Lewis comments to Ryan. Good stuff. Oh and Brady with a new contract and hating the Jets as well. Sweet!
    Posted by WelkerRules[/QUOTE]

I may be missing some incident, but I don't think Revis is much of a trash talker. Regardless, good luck torching him. Here's guessing Brady will avoid him like the plague. There should be more concern here about the potential toasties on the Pats.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Jets trash talk. How long will it take? Week 2:
    [QUOTE]I am guessing as soon as the Monday night game with the Ravens is over Jets players will start the trash talk on the Pats if not sooner. Anyone else have a take on this? I say Pats win it week 2. It is not like they won't be prepared. I am expecting Brady and Moss to shut up ryan and revis. Go Patriots. PS: Love Ray Lewis comments to Ryan. Good stuff. Oh and Brady with a new contract and hating the Jets as well. Sweet!
    Posted by WelkerRules[/QUOTE]

I dont like Ray even if I agree with him.  As far as the Jets, I don't think Brady/Moss will amount to much.  Revis will cover Moss (they don't want Wes, Tate, or Edleman pulling his pants down after all that money on his new contract) and we just won't throw there if Moss doesn't beat him.  I'm betting on Gronk/Welker to have the big game.  

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

Baltimore will shut em up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Boiler-plate trash talk from coaches and from designated veteran players is a religion in Baltimore, where Rex Ryan learned it.  Now it's New York's religion too.  They don't actually mean a word of it, they just go through the motions of trash talking.  Then truly duplicit reporters pick it up.  If the Globe's staff had any savvy, they would dig up what Ryan has said the last six weeks about teams.  Then at a press conference they would with slight snarkiness ask Rex Ryan if he isn't saying the same boiler-plate things every single week about every single team, if the words have lost their meaning, and if he was just about to say "___" about the Patriots too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Jets trash talk. How long will it take? Week 2:
    [QUOTE]Stating your goal to win the superbowl is not trash talking.  Claiming that you will beat someone is not trash talking.  Furthermore, the only place where it is an issue is with New England fans crying about what another team is saying.  If the Jets lose a game, a second game etc, it would not change their belief of what they are capable of doing.  There is nothing wrong with not being afraid to put it on the line.  This fear that BB has and instils in his players works for him.  It's just an extension of his personality.  He is afraid of giving another team 'an edge'. And by the way, what will be the response when the Patriots lose.  Let me help you out, it'll go something like this.  Welker is not 100%, Bodden is out, The defense is young, the running backs are old, warren is out, bla bla bla.
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

PhatRex, hush!

A.) Stating that your goal is to win a  Superbowl isn't trash talking--Fact--but saying were the Miami Heat of Football, we're the team to beat is. Yes, the Jets have said that before. 

B.) Claiming that you will beat someone IS trash talking. 

C.) Dungy has spoken out against the Jets, Ray Lewis and Le' Ron McClain have spoken against them, Keith Brookings of the Cowboys has, The Jets are considered the most hated team in football by polls. 

Yea, only New England and their fans hate the Jets. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Phat Rex is a Jets troll. Why isn't he posting on their board? Nothing better to do but come here and harass NE fans. Guess that will change after week 2 as we are looking for the Pats to win that game against the Jets. And I am also referring to last season when Scott, Revis, and (I forget the other player) who really talked a lot of junk before the pats games in  both weeks and again rex helped move that along with his I didn't come here to kiss BB rings comment.
    Whatever. Get over yourself Rex. Jets are NOT wining the division let along the SB this year.

Phat rex is probably AKA Ryan.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

PhatRex keep on talking just like ur jets, cuz u only got 2 weeks on this board, i dont think u'll be sticking around after ur jets go 0-2.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

talk is talk, If they get shut down week one and beat by the Pats week two, I expect them to shut their mouths, but with fatty, you never know. I will lol hard if he has a list of excuses if they lose, kind of like Polian used his O-line as an excuse for Payton Choking in crunch time during the superbowl.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets trash talk. How long will it take? Week 2 : OMG, Dungy?  you're kidding.  I take it all back.  If Dungy has a problem with it, I do too.  Was the Heat statement from the from office?

You said only the Pats and their fans have a problem with the way the Jets are acting, I just proved you wrong. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]PhatRex keep on talking just like ur jets, cuz u only got 2 weeks on this board, i dont think u'll be sticking around after ur jets go 0-2.
    Posted by Coolguy55220[/QUOTE]

Is this a prediction? If so, who did you pick on the '08 SB?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]Stating your goal to win the superbowl is not trash talking.  Claiming that you will beat someone is not trash talking.  Furthermore, the only place where it is an issue is with New England fans crying about what another team is saying.  If the Jets lose a game, a second game etc, it would not change their belief of what they are capable of doing.  There is nothing wrong with not being afraid to put it on the line.  This fear that BB has and instils in his players works for him.  It's just an extension of his personality.  He is afraid of giving another team 'an edge'. And by the way, what will be the response when the Patriots lose.  Let me help you out, it'll go something like this.  Welker is not 100%, Bodden is out, The defense is young, the running backs are old, warren is out, bla bla bla.
    Oh yeah, now I see, Rex and the Jets are just "stating" their goal to win the Super Bowl, that's all.  I don't know how me, and all the thinking adults on planet Earth could have misunderstood that.

I suppose if I take the Jets words, take them out of context, and change the words and meaning then I can see what you mean.  On behalf of mankind, Thanks for clearing that up for us.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]talk is talk, If they get shut down week one and beat by the Pats week two, I expect them to shut their mouths, but with fatty, you never know. I will lol hard if he has a list of excuses if they lose, kind of like Polian used his O-line as an excuse for Payton Choking in crunch time during the superbowl.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]
    I personally don't use excuses, having coached at a much lower level. But every team uses them including the Pats fans. They also bring their swaggering arrogance while they have a good team. Read the posts. Even though I was part of a prominent program, our staff never believed that we walked on water. We just got them prepared to play assignment football and let our bravado displayed on the field. The bandwagon will remain full while the going is good, but the hate will will go on for ever. Who cares what players or fans say? It's part of competition. It can be entertaining and fun.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Which is more obnoxious, Rex Ryan and his players constantly yapping or Jets fans defending their team's embarrassing and unprofessional antics?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Ha ha Pats are whip the Bengals. The Pats look good. Real good. Going to look better next week when they win against the Jets. Brady against Sanchez...no contest.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

The Jets will be lucky to get off the field tomorrow with all their limbs still attached.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

I don't know why anyone cares what the Jets say...they are awful franchise that hasn't won a title in over 40 years and I think they have one player on their team that ever has....I will start listening when they atleast have one title this century

Sections
Shortcuts