Jets Vs Saints Re-Cap

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaacee. Show jaacee's posts

Re: Jets Vs Saints Re-Cap

Patriots recap---- THe O gets a B+. would have been an A but for Brady's givaway, for a TD. The D gets an A+ !!!!- Gary Gayton has arrived!!!! outstanding game in all areas- speed to burn, and now D team leader, a force now, along with partner Jarod Mayo. The D line was great, especially Ty Warren and Mike Smith, and the seconday also with terrific all around play, especially by speedie Brandon Meriweather, Brandon Mcgowan, Shawn Springs, Lee Bodden( one Int) and rookie Darius Butler, who deflected 2 TD passes. Now on to Denver, that did not look that imposing vs the Boys.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Vs Saints Re-Cap:
    [QUOTE] It's true enough that you might not want to bring your kids (or your wife or girlfriend, for that matter), but the NFL ain't Pagliacci.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Nope it isn't. I like live theatre as much as the next guy, but rooting for Pagliaccio to shank his cheating wife, and rooting for Willie McGinest to re-injure Chad Pennington's shoulder while hoping the Skins cover for my three team parlay are two separate moods.

LSU's Tiger Stadium is like a warzone. They start all of their games late. Allow unlimited tailgaiting on campus. Have cheap tickets for the rowdy students. Etc.  It all adds up to something truly crazy.

The winning gave Kraft license to up prices, and the upped prices rooted out the drunkards who make it hostile. I mean at the rowdiest stadium I have been to, in Pittsburgh, one guy who was impossibly drunk tried to p!ss on my shoes. I give him credit sir.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

By the time the Patriots meet the Jets in November I suspect the Patriots will have to look well into their rear view to see the Jets. Not putting down the Jets just being realistic. I suspect the Jets to give the Patriots fits in coming years, I think Ryan will continue developing the team into a northern Baltimore with a little more of an open offense with a pretty tallented QB. 
    But as long as Belichick and Brady are here they are likely second banana.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

[QUOTE]Gillette is weak. The field gives them an advantage, but the fans bail. Kraft has no one to blame but himself. Tickets prices keep the working man out of the stadium. The working man is the loud, die hard fan mostly. The last game I went to, the season before last, the people around me looked cold. They had nice hair, and brought their daughters, who looked as if they wanted to be anywhere but the game. They were quiet and shivering. It was pathetic. If you want better noise, and better fans, then give them tickets they can afford. Before the Superbowls, they didn't have this problem.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of it also has to do with winning and getting spoiled too. When your team wins as much as the Patriots do it's human nature. I remember when I first got my season tickets in 1992 in the old stadium. Everyone would stand on the old metal benches and kick them with their feat to create noise. Ocasionally people would fall down and we would end up in a big pile after they scored a touchdown. It was great. It was an ugly crowd many times, many teams hated  coming to foxborough because the field was horrible, the stadium was a dump and the fans were loud.

I still have the same tickets and only go to a few games a year. There are more than a few of the same people that I used to see back in 1992 sitting in the same seats. No one goes nuts over the small plays everyone used to go crazy over. Think about it. We used to get excited when Brisby was catching touchdowns from Hugh Millen.

Did you know the Patriots are the only team in the NFL to be banned from Monday night Football. The fans were so obnoxious and roudy that the nfl had banned MNF games in New England. This was before my time, but I remember reading about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agentcooper. Show agentcooper's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Vs Saints Re-Cap : I think Gillette should arm every ticket holder with a straight razor. We could wield and wave them about. Who would argue with that? -Mike in Katy
    Posted by BigPapi61[/QUOTE]

touche, now that's funny!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I don't think having a good team excludes you from having a loud crowd.  I think we could still have a good crowd if everyone stood up and yelled.

I don't think the Patriots' success is entirely to blame for the complacency.  I think you guys nailed it when you said it was higher ticket prices and corporate seats.  The higher prices forced the old fans to give up their season tickets.  $75-150/ticket times #of seats times 8 games gets expensive.

And the red premium seats are half-empty because they're all inside the lounge watching the game on TV's instead of joining the proletariat outside and cheering.  It's too bad because those fans are right in prime noise-making territory.  We need them there.

On an aside, I think that Kraft should have had metal frames, even if the part you sit on was made of plastic.  I miss clanging those seats, but I don't miss the cold metal.  A plastic seat with a metal frame you can clang would be the best of both worlds.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]I actually thought the Jets defense was outstanding today.  They are legit.  Sanchez will have his struggles like any rookie QB but the Jets are for real. 
    Posted by KC20[/QUOTE]

I think it's important that the Patriots win the division so Mark Sanchez and company have to face us on the road if we see them again in the playoffs.  I worry if the Patriots have to play them there.

For the Jets, I'd be worried about Sanchez on the road.  The Superdome clearly got to him today and he's still going to have his rookie moments.  Their offense isn't good enough to overcome his rookie moments, though, and their defense hasn't really forced many turnovers despite holding teams to few points.  The Jets' return game could become pretty important for them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

As for the Saints, they play the Giants in two weeks, I think.  That should be a heck of a game to watch.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Vs Saints Re-Cap : I think a lot of it also has to do with winning and getting spoiled too. When your team wins as much as the Patriots do it's human nature. [/QUOTE]

I agree. The pats first SB win was crazy! By the time Pats won the third one it was awesome but was not as fan crazy wild as the first. You think the yankees fan get excited when they win the division? Not compared to if the Pirates won it for first time since the 70's.

The point about average Joe being priced out is valid as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think having a good team excludes you from having a loud crowd.  I think we could still have a good crowd if everyone stood up and yelled. I don't think the Patriots' success is entirely to blame for the complacency.  I think you guys nailed it when you said it was higher ticket prices and corporate seats.  The higher prices forced the old fans to give up their season tickets.  $75-150/ticket times #of seats times 8 games gets expensive. And the red premium seats are half-empty because they're all inside the lounge watching the game on TV's instead of joining the proletariat outside and cheering.  It's too bad because those fans are right in prime noise-making territory.  We need them there. On an aside, I think that Kraft should have had metal frames, even if the part you sit on was made of plastic.  I miss clanging those seats, but I don't miss the cold metal.  A plastic seat with a metal frame you can clang would be the best of both worlds.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]...I did not renew my 10 year season tix at the new Meadowlands stadium because of the stupid PSL's they are implementing. The top section doesn't have them and I know people that had tix for 40 years that took the upper deck because of that rip-off policy. The rest of the schu#ks in line of seniority get to pick from either the very top row (if that) or they have to take a PSL in one of the lower decks. As for the game, the Jets O was off but able to at least move the ball. Sanchex telegraphed the first INT (for the TD) so badly that the Saint player just waited and then jumped in front to take it. I was expecting a game like this so it's no surprise since he's had good success so far, a clunker was due. The D held the Saint O quite well but they need to create more turnovers. "back to the tape boys". You have the fish coming up on Monday nite and they need to get back to the winning ways