Jets Vs Saints Re-Cap

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

Jets Vs Saints Re-Cap

Brees: And finally, monsieur, a wafer-thin mint.
    Ryan: No.
    Brees: Oh sir! It's only a tiny little thin one.
    Ryan: No. $&ck off - I'm full...
    Brees: Oh sir... it's only wafer thin.
    Ryan: Look - I couldn't eat another thing. I'm absolutely stuffed. Bugger off.
    Brees: Oh sir, just... just one...
    Ryan: Oh all right. Just one.
    Brees: Just the one, sir... voila... bon appetit...
    (Mr. Ryan swallows the mint, expands and then blows up dramatically, spewing vomit on everyone and showing his open rib cage and still beating heart.)
    Brees: Thank you sir, and now you are three and one, the same as the Patriots... you arrogant fat pig

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

Re: Jets Vs Saints Re-Cap

Such ridicule tends to say more about the accuser than the accused...  And moves a little sympathy in the direction of the accused.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Jets played good defense.  Saints played better defense, and the crowd noise got to Sanchez.  He was clearly rattled on the road with the game in his hand.

If there's crowd noise, if you can force Sanchez to pass, and if you can get a good pass rush, you can make good things happen against the Jets.

I hope we can get some good crowd noise when the Jets visit Foxborough on November 22nd.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Life is certainly good today.

A big Pats win over the blowhards from Baltimore; Green New Jersey tanks; and we have an actual, applicable Mr. Creosote reference here on our forum.

I have to believe there will be a Postie Awared nomination for BigPapi61 in this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjrpatfan. Show mjrpatfan's posts

I suppose BB will be calling all season ticket holders to make sure the stadium is loud for the next meeting... Puhlease.... Fat A s s is lucky that they got the Pats the 2nd game of the season... Everything will be nice and jelled by the next meeting... and without a doubt, I know everyone at Gillette will be pumped for the rematch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Vs Saints Re-Cap:
    [QUOTE]Such ridicule tends to say more about the accuser than the accused...  And moves a little sympathy in the direction of the accused.
    Posted by jcappy[/QUOTE]

Such ridicule is a response to the annointing of the Jets as a Super Bowl contender. Not being in New England, I have been exposed to the non homer version of sports takes. For the past week I have listened how the Patriots defense does not have a chance against the new Baltimore Ravens high powered offense, how the Jests are now the new power in the east. Just trying to have fun. No better way to do that than interject some Python.

I may look like a noob but Boston.com somehow stole 1500 of my posts.

- Go Pats

-Mike in Katy, Texas

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

In Response to Jets Vs Saints Re-Cap:
    Brees : And finally, monsieur, a wafer-thin mint. Ryan : No. Brees : Oh sir! It's only a tiny little thin one. Ryan : No. $&ck off - I'm full... Brees : Oh sir... it's only wafer thin. Ryan : Look - I couldn't eat another thing. I'm absolutely stuffed. Bugger off. Brees : Oh sir, just... just one... Ryan : Oh all right. Just one. Brees : Just the one, sir... voila... bon appetit... (Mr. Ryan swallows the mint, expands and then blows up dramatically, spewing vomit on everyone and showing his open rib cage and still beating heart.) Brees : Thank you sir, and now you are three and one, the same as the Patriots... you arrogant fat pig
    Posted by BigPapi61
    ...poopie. Were you watching the game A-hole. Sanchez made bad mistakes but the D held up. Get a grip. You still cant deal with them beating you. Talk about arrogant?? Look at the man-god BB. He's as arrogant as they come and youd lick his bu#t hole is he asked

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

"You better bring me a bucket."

-- Mr. Creosote.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The Saints fans think they have a winner here.

I keep reminding them that  . . .

a.) It is merely their turn to win the South this season, as the division crown goes to one of each team every four seasons . . .

and  . . .

b.) they have yet to play one credible offense.

I predict they lose next week.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

"You better bring me a bucket."                                 -- Mr. Creosote.
    Posted by prairiemike

^   LMAO

Always loved you old-timers All quality All the time

-Mike in Katy

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

It matters not if the Saints are good or bad. The fact is, they care about the Patriots and wanted to give us a hand in securing our 4th ring.

I applaud them.

Mike in Katy

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I suppose BB will be calling all season ticket holders to make sure the stadium is loud for the next meeting... Puhlease.... Fat A s s is lucky that they got the Pats the 2nd game of the season... Everything will be nice and jelled by the next meeting... and without a doubt, I know everyone at Gillette will be pumped for the rematch.
    Posted by mjrpatfan

I'm a Patriots season ticket holder.  Trust me when I say that I'm skeptical about the crowd's ability to make noise.  I'm frequently one of only a few people in Section 111 standing and screaming when the defense is trying to make big stops on 3rd and 4th downs.  I was encouraged today when the crowd noise forced a delay of game on Flacco, but even then it was quiet.  We haven't really roared since 2004.  I only have one voice (and I almost always lose it at games).

What I'm saying is there are plenty of reasons to make fun of Rex Ryan, but the phone call wasn't one of them.  Giants Stadium in Week 2 was louder than Gillette Stadium has ever been.  Not since Foxboro Stadium have I heard Patriots fans be that disruptive.

We need everyone to stand AND SCREAM

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I've never been to Gillette Stadium, so I could be entirely wrong about this, but when I watch the Pats on television and compare what I hear at Gillette to some of the other notorious loud outdoor places (like Seattle, for instance), it just doesn't seem like the Pats fans are as vocally mental as they used to be.

I lived in Schaefer-Sullivan-Foxboro Stadium for years, and you can well believe that everyone at work on Monday knew I had been at the game on Sunday because it was about the only time they were ever able to enjoy the rare occurence of me being unable to speak.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

the one thing the stadium is missing....something for the crowd to use. Something like the Terrible Towel. Give the fans something to cheer with.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

[QUOTE]the one thing the stadium is missing....something for the crowd to use. Something like the Terrible Towel. Give the fans something to cheer with.
    Posted by mjxg[/QUOTE]

I think Gillette should arm every ticket holder with a straight razor. We could wield and wave them about. Who would argue with that?

-Mike in Katy

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Such ridicule tends to say more about the accuser than the accused...  And moves a little sympathy in the direction of the accused.
    Posted by jcappy

So I can't say Roman Polanski is really just a creepy child molester who directs films without it looking bad for me and good for him?

Bummer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

Did anyone get a chance to see a good portion of this game, not just the highlights? I'm curious if the Jets looked as bad as the final score or was the game competitive for a while.

It is good to see the Jets lose again though. Maybe they can make two in a row now. Go Dolphins!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Vs Saints Re-Cap : I think Gillette should arm every ticket holder with a straight razor. We could wield and wave them about. Who would argue with that? -Mike in Katy
    Posted by BigPapi61[/QUOTE]

If the Pats do this, I am buying a plane ticket tomorrow and I will be there for Tennessee.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Gillette is weak.

The field gives them an advantage, but the fans bail.

Kraft has no one to blame but himself. Tickets prices keep the working man out of the stadium. The working man is the loud, die hard fan mostly.

The last game I went to, the season before last, the people around me looked cold. They had nice hair, and brought their daughters, who looked as if they wanted to be anywhere but the game. They were quiet and shivering.

It was pathetic.

If you want better noise, and better fans, then give them tickets they can afford. Before the Superbowls, they didn't have this problem.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]Gillette is weak. The field gives them an advantage, but the fans bail. Kraft has no one to blame but himself. Tickets prices keep the working man out of the stadium. The working man is the loud, die hard fan mostly. The last game I went to, the season before last, the people around me looked cold. They had nice hair, and brought their daughters, who looked as if they wanted to be anywhere but the game. They were quiet and shivering. It was pathetic. If you want better noise, and better fans, then give them tickets they can afford. Before the Superbowls, they didn't have this problem.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

This right here is correct.

Read it again.

It is the most accurate statement that has ever been posted in this forum.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KC20. Show KC20's posts

I actually thought the Jets defense was outstanding today.  They are legit.  Sanchez will have his struggles like any rookie QB but the Jets are for real. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Vs Saints Re-Cap : This right here is correct. Read it again. It is the most accurate statement that has ever been posted in this forum.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Before the SBs I could get a seat, a decent seat, for the price of a SRO ticket these days.

My friends and I would go a couple times a season.
    Now they just wait until someone helps em' out with a free ticket.

Trust me. We are the kind of guys that make it hard on opponents.

The other thing Gillette needs to purge are corporate tickets. Too many tickets go to random people who get them because their creaky bosses don't want to go.

The other thing that constributes is the wierd opening at one end that lets the noise out. There is zero reverberation going on, which makes an average crowd poor.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Dude,

In my glory years, I could put $20 bucks in my pocket, pay for parking, an endzone seat (which would allow you access to sit practically anywhere you wanted to) and a couple beers, and I am here to tell you that the fans you would meet tailgating and in the stands were EXACTLY the kinds of fans you wanted screaming at your opponent.

It's true enough that you might not want to bring your kids (or your wife or girlfriend, for that matter), but the NFL ain't Pagliacci.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

Just watching on TV today, the Red Seats always looked to be 50% empty.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike473. Show Mike473's posts

There has definately been a shift in the kind of people that attend the games. I used to go to several games every year with a few friends, but we are priced out now. When Corp types bring there families to the game, not only will they probably not stand up and make noise, they will probably ask you to sit down when you do, because there kids cant see the game etc. One day when the franchise hits the skids for a while, the elites will give us back our spots for a while, until the cycle repeats. For now, I will watch the Pats on TV and be thankful we have a winning franchise. When I am once more able to go to games on a regular basis, we will know the golden years are finally over.