Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Jets Vs Saints Re-Cap

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agentcooper. Show agentcooper's posts

Re: Jets Vs Saints Re-Cap

In Response to Re: Jets Vs Saints Re-Cap:
    In Response to Re: Jets Vs Saints Re-Cap : I think Gillette should arm every ticket holder with a straight razor. We could wield and wave them about. Who would argue with that? -Mike in Katy
    Posted by BigPapi61

touche, now that's funny!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I don't think having a good team excludes you from having a loud crowd.  I think we could still have a good crowd if everyone stood up and yelled.

I don't think the Patriots' success is entirely to blame for the complacency.  I think you guys nailed it when you said it was higher ticket prices and corporate seats.  The higher prices forced the old fans to give up their season tickets.  $75-150/ticket times #of seats times 8 games gets expensive.

And the red premium seats are half-empty because they're all inside the lounge watching the game on TV's instead of joining the proletariat outside and cheering.  It's too bad because those fans are right in prime noise-making territory.  We need them there.

On an aside, I think that Kraft should have had metal frames, even if the part you sit on was made of plastic.  I miss clanging those seats, but I don't miss the cold metal.  A plastic seat with a metal frame you can clang would be the best of both worlds.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I actually thought the Jets defense was outstanding today.  They are legit.  Sanchez will have his struggles like any rookie QB but the Jets are for real. 
    Posted by KC20

I think it's important that the Patriots win the division so Mark Sanchez and company have to face us on the road if we see them again in the playoffs.  I worry if the Patriots have to play them there.

For the Jets, I'd be worried about Sanchez on the road.  The Superdome clearly got to him today and he's still going to have his rookie moments.  Their offense isn't good enough to overcome his rookie moments, though, and their defense hasn't really forced many turnovers despite holding teams to few points.  The Jets' return game could become pretty important for them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

As for the Saints, they play the Giants in two weeks, I think.  That should be a heck of a game to watch.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Vs Saints Re-Cap : I think a lot of it also has to do with winning and getting spoiled too. When your team wins as much as the Patriots do it's human nature. 

I agree. The pats first SB win was crazy! By the time Pats won the third one it was awesome but was not as fan crazy wild as the first. You think the yankees fan get excited when they win the division? Not compared to if the Pirates won it for first time since the 70's.

The point about average Joe being priced out is valid as well.

6. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts