Jets will get another christmas present against Cincy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Jets will get another christmas present against Cincy

Merril Hoge shared a few minutes ago in Mike and Mike shared the following scenario which kind of makes since and it is very likely.
    Jets play Cincy, if NE beat the Texans, win or loss Cincy is the 4th sead and would face the Jets week 1 playoffs.  If the Pats win in houston, Cincy might decide not to play some of their guys and not show much to Rex Ryan and the Jets so not go give them their blueprint and they want to attack the jets D or O.

So Jets enjoy the gift on Sunday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Re: Jets will get another christmas present against Cincy

They'll be the wild card sacrificial lamb. Sunshine Sanchez will have to play outdoors in the cold in a game that matters to his opponent. Could be a new record for INTs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

blah blah blah. If they get in they get in. Get over it. Worry about your own team for a change and stop obsessing about others.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I think it's possible that the Bengals quit, but I think it would send the wrong message moving forward.

It would say: We're afraid of the Ravens and Steelers and we'd rather not have to face them in the playoffs.

So for this year alone, it would help, but moving forward I don't think it would be a good thing for them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Is there any reason that the Cincy front office wouldn't be thinking the same thing as Indy and want to keep the Steelers out of the playoffs? Getting the Jets for a first round opponent is almost the same as having a bye. Especially outdoors in the winter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Evil agree, Cindy did great beating the steelers twice this season but don't think they could make it three in one year.  Jsts are a soft team and a practice week for the Bengals, pats win cincy will rest their guys if not the whole game part of it.

Jets fans can quit complaining how they never get a break.  They get two BUT, they also going to end up drafting in the 20s instead of the teens so there's my glass half empty for the Jerks.  Look at the Pats 2009 draft picks, they are getting better and we still have two that are on IR that could not play in 2009 but will be a factor in 2010.  Jerks take a step back next year, their record will be under 500. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

then how come a "soft" team beat the mighty Patsies? I guess they aren't all that tough yes? As for the record of the NYJ, there were plenty of carpers on here that predicted a 4/5 win season so 8 (possibly 9) with a rookie QB is not all that bad

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Still since I live in upstate NY and have had to put up with obnoxious Yankees fans since October an NFL playoffs with no NY teams despite them having 3 would just give me more ammo to fire back. My stock answer is usually 'It makes up for the Knicks' but changing it to Knicks, Bills, Giants and Jets would be better.