Jets willing to Shop Revis....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

Jets willing to Shop Revis....

Who knows how he will come back from the injuries and time out, but Pats NEED a shutdown Corner....Thats the truth. For some reason I could see him as a good fit here... Him and Bill would probably love to Stick it to the Jets. However, unlikely the Jets would trade with the Pats... would be sweet tho.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

Re: Jets willing to Shop Revis....

Where did you hear that? obviously it would be something for the Pats to consider but as you said its unlikely the Jets would deal witht the Pats and if they were willing, I would be suspicious about health---but it's nice to fantasize about Revis and Talib

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

In response to wmasschilly's comment:

Where did you hear that? obviously it would be something for the Pats to consider but as you said its unlikely the Jets would deal witht the Pats and if they were willing, I would be suspicious about health---but it's nice to fantasize about Revis and Talib

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1498782-darrelle-revis-why-trading-jets-superstar-cb-isnt-as-crazy-as-you-think?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=cnn-sports-bin&hpt=hp_bn14

If BB could pull that off that would be insane. Revis has been a pretty darn good player on that team and overall has had a relatively quiet mouth, aside from wanting to renegotiate his contract all of the time. It would very much depend on what the Jets wanted for him and also if we could get him to sign a deal which he would not try to renegotiate every year.

It would be incredible to see a backfield of CB: Revis and Talib with Dennard and Arrington as backups/ nickel and dime contributors, and if we could complete the wet dream of having Ed Reed as SS with McCourty as FS, with Wilson and Gregory/Chung/Newguy as backup...

Yeah I'll go back to smoking crack now...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

There is NO WAY the jets trade him within the division, let alone the pasts.  Part of the benefit of trading him and not letting him hit FA next year is controlling where he winds up. That said, the Bucs have the need and the room to give him what he will be looking for as far as contract.

Besides, you already have MCCourtney and Rusty told me he is much better than Revis....

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Enjoy your virginity and literally YEARS and YEARS of last place in the division.  LMAO

And yes, McCourty's rookie year blew way Revis's.  Now, you'll have no more Revis, the most overrated player in decades.

I see you are taking those drugs you are selling.  To even hint that McCourty>Revis just shows how much of a homer you are when it comes to the Pasts defense. Nothing McCourty did or probably will ever do with compare to the best CB in the NFL.  Time to have that Canton Jacket you had sized for DMC resized to your latest man crush on defense.  How is P. Chung sitting with you these days?  You can throw some skewed stats or compare salaries (that is usually your last line of defense) but you can put 2 McCourtys on a receiver and the 2 of em could cover as good as revis. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

Of all the things you can criticize the jets on...You are going to try to pick apart my secondary? it sucks that you made so many declarations in the past about how your defense and especially the secondary have all the peices in place to get your next SB aaaaannnnd you fail.  Wilson did very good this year across from Cro. For you to say anything less is just you failing again.  Our pass D was very good and wilson was a big part of that. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

They would almost certainly make the Pats overpay but it would be a consideration even if a risky one. I would offer a first round pick and a future 3rd and maybe throw in Ballard. A player like Revis is exactly what the Pats need!!! It is a pipe dream though...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

This is pointless to discuss.  The Jets aren't going to move Revis unless they get a decent return in picks.  NE has no business paying that when it would only be a one year rental because there is absolutely no way we would be able to sign Revis for the kind of money he wants (and will get from some stupid team).  Of course there is no way the Jets would trade him to us anyways unless we overpaid by a lot and he isn't even worth the minimum price the Jets would probably expect for him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

This is pointless to discuss.  The Jets aren't going to move Revis unless they get a decent return in picks.  NE has no business paying that when it would only be a one year rental because there is absolutely no way we would be able to sign Revis for the kind of money he wants (and will get from some stupid team).  Of course there is no way the Jets would trade him to us anyways unless we overpaid by a lot and he isn't even worth the minimum price the Jets would probably expect for him.

well obviously to do the trade you'd have to lock him up long term with a massive deal. and yes, it may be pointless but it's fun to dream! I do however think the Pats would inquire about his availability and what it would take. Then the Jets would kindly tell them to F off.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Is your reading that poor? McCourty's 2010>Revis's 2007

Not debatable.

Seriously?  Their numbers were identical with McCourty having an edge in INTs.  However as we all know INTs are not the most accurate measure of how good CBs are.  On what are you basing this claim because it surely isn't stats.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Revis=cancer!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

Talib is a bigger POS than Revis imo. Revis' issue is knowing his value and expecting to be compensated.  Doesnt make him a bad guy just someone that will have to be taken care of financially if you want him on your roster.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I would take the talent of Revis is a New York Minute (pun intended)

However, the word is the Revis is wanting to break the bank again so his money becomes unworkable.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I get the fans on this board dont like the Jets

I also get that fans on this board dont like Revis.

I dont think the Pats would pay the draft choices, nor do they have them. I also dont think the Pats would pay that much $$$ to a CB.

But to insinutate Revis isnt a great CB is foolish. He is argueably the 2nd best cover corner in NFL history. Call him a bad guy for wanting to be paid as much as he was. Call the Jets dumb for paying him. But the guy is a great CB

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Did you just say in NFL history? Seek help. You can do it, RKarp.

I would certainly say he is already top 5, and if he comes back healthy and continues on his current path, he will be top 2.

I will grant you Sanders, Haynes, Hayes, Champ. Maybe Green. Revis is right with them at this stage of his career and is only missing longevity.

I dont expect you to agree, you never do. It is what it is. In this throwing era, the guy takes away his side of the field. S Johnson is now famous because he has played well against Revis. In his career, no one else has, including Moss (unfortunately)

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Did you just say in NFL history? Seek help. You can do it, RKarp.

I would certainly say he is already top 5, and if he comes back healthy and continues on his current path, he will be top 2.

I will grant you Sanders, Haynes, Hayes, Champ. Maybe Green. Revis is right with them at this stage of his career and is only missing longevity.

I dont expect you to agree, you never do. It is what it is. In this throwing era, the guy takes away his side of the field. S Johnson is now famous because he has played well against Revis. In his career, no one else has, including Moss (unfortunately)

Umm, Revis gets away with a lot more than most CBs in this league and I am not totally convinced how or why that is. 

There are literally a dozen CBs as good as him (or better) all time, if not more.   This whole gimmick statement of him "taking away his side of the field" is completely bogus. Sure, sometimes he does, but so do many CBs in this league.  But the better QBs in this league have no problem going after him during games. I've seen it.

In the last 20 years it's names like Sanders, Aneas Williams, Ty Law, Champ Bailey and now someone like Revis.  Mixed in there are some others, but it's beyond arrogant to pretend he's somehow alongside or next to these names when those names have done it for longer and more consistently.

This whole element of he's on some magical pinnacle is comical to me.

I am not even sure he's better than Ty Law or Champ Bailey, for example.  Since 2009, he's been one of the best, no doubt.  Rex Ryan's D helped him become elite.  Good for Revis. However, he missed half of 2010 with a holdout and hammy, had a strong 2011 and blew out his leg this year.

And quite frankly, you can't ignore how he's taken advantage of the Jets hype machine to help his own cau$e.

In the end, I can name 5 elite HOF caliber CBs since the 1970s at the very least that are CLEARLy above Revis, yet you in all your infinite Jets homerism claim he's on the short list all time. LMAO You're delusional thinking he's on the Mt. Rushmore of CBs. 

I can think back to the 1980s alone and list a whole slew of fantastic CBs who never got the hype Revis has and were easily as good or better.

Ronde Barber has had a better career than Darelle Revis. How does that grab ya?

it certainly doesnt surprise me. I have long been a proponant that Ryans defense doesnt make players. Players make Ryans defense, and the most important players are CB's. CB's allow Ryan to do what he does...

You are entitled to your opinion, and the rest of the NFL community and fandom disagrees with you (as usual). Nothing new. Lets not waste any more breath on it, your too hard headed.

To further agravate you, let me comment that K Wilson did have a pretty solid year. And that is coming from a Pats fan who simply will allow himself to see the reality with other teams, including the Jets

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts