Jets willing to Shop Revis....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Re: Jets willing to Shop Revis....

Please do not use Haynes' name in the same breath as Sanders. No one, I mean, NO ONE threw to DS's side. QB's had half the field to play with. Homer. Probably look like him to. Self opiniated hater is a better fit.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Without scurrying to your google searches, who are the top 5 corners ever in NFL history? You have 1 minute. Go.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

Revis has allowed Ryan to play a 10 man defense while revis is matched up single on the opponenents #1 receiver most of the time.  The only reason I say most of the time is I would say ALL the time except I am sure once in a while he doesnt.  It is not very often. Revis doesnt have the stats as many other corners due to QBs not throwing at him.  He has a very good chance of coming down with the ball rather than the receiver.  So the numbers really dont do him justice.  I know you are going to come back with Revis has help but he really doesnt.  The jets roll coverage AWAY from his one on one match up.  This past year, Cro followed the #1 WR around alot BUT I am not too sure that coverage was rolled AWAY from him like it is for Revis.  Anyhow, RKARP is a lot closer to the truth than you Rusty but I see it time and time again nothing new.  Hope me agreeing with him doesnt taint his stance with pats fans.

Sanders #1, Revis #2.  Noone but them 2 could allow a team to play a 10 man defense and not even consider the opp. #1 WR.  FACT

oh and lmmfao @ you for bringing up the tackle stats on a CB.  You talk about Wilson tackling his man after he catches the ball, some of those DMC tackles were exactly that...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Here some names that easily had a good or very good progression in their first 5 seasons in the NFL, and this is from the 1980s alone:

Frank Minnifield, Hanford Dixon (Cleveland teammates)

Eric Wright, Don Griffin (SF teammates)

Kevin Ross, Albert Lewis (KC teammates)

All these guys were so good, they also happened to be teammates, to the point QBs were afraid to challenge them. I did this simply from memory not even bothering to look up their resumes. Why? Because I saw them play and know how good they were.

Hanford Dixon and Lewis alone had easily as strong starts to their careers compared to Revis. Absolutely the truth.  They just didn't play in NY.  You are so easily led by hype it's comical.

That's 6 top notch CBs right there in the 1980s alone.  Throw in Mike Haynes and Lester Hayes and that's two more names. Lester Hayes isn't even in the HOF, nor is Albert Lewis or Hanford Dixon.  Maybe if they won a SB or played in a bigger market, maybe they would have

You lack so much knowledge in the history of this game, you don't even have a clue, RKarp.

you say too many dumb things and are too immature to be old enough to know the 80's. and for crying out loud, get rid of that avatar, it makes you even creepier than you come across on these boards

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Objective views or retorts don't make me a troll. You troll your own team's forum for CFS. Double idiot. I think you need to get back to your shine box before someone takes the 3 bucks on made today.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES's comment:

Objective views or retorts don't make me a troll. You troll your own team's forum for CFS. Double idiot. I think you need to get back to your shine box before someone takes the 3 bucks on made today.

Is that even English? 

nope....most of the stuff he says can barely be stated as english anyway. you notice how hes only here after a patriots loss right? he is no better than Leon or those lakers trolls on the celtics board.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to WeDerrWEBACK's comment:

Revis has allowed Ryan to play a 10 man defense while revis is matched up single on the opponenents #1 receiver most of the time.  The only reason I say most of the time is I would say ALL the time except I am sure once in a while he doesnt.  It is not very often. Revis doesnt have the stats as many other corners due to QBs not throwing at him.  He has a very good chance of coming down with the ball rather than the receiver.  So the numbers really dont do him justice.  I know you are going to come back with Revis has help but he really doesnt.  The jets roll coverage AWAY from his one on one match up.  This past year, Cro followed the #1 WR around alot BUT I am not too sure that coverage was rolled AWAY from him like it is for Revis.  Anyhow, RKARP is a lot closer to the truth than you Rusty but I see it time and time again nothing new.  Hope me agreeing with him doesnt taint his stance with pats fans.

Sanders #1, Revis #2.  Noone but them 2 could allow a team to play a 10 man defense and not even consider the opp. #1 WR.  FACT

oh and lmmfao @ you for bringing up the tackle stats on a CB.  You talk about Wilson tackling his man after he catches the ball, some of those DMC tackles were exactly that...

Dont submit truth, logic and objectivity at Rock for brains. He can only avoud the topic if you do so

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Dont submit truth, logic and objectivity at Rock for brains. He can only avoud the topic if you do so

Look at you aligning with a tool Jets troll homer deluxe.  That's not scoring you ANY points here, moron.

Revis #2 behind Deion Sanders? Are you kidding me?

That's a homer statement deluxe and you're on here agreeing with a Jets homer?

Wake me when Revis plays in a big game like Ty Law did. Can't even hold his jock.

I will do it one better. I will ask Ty Law himself. I will also ask Troy Brown. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

revis the 2nd best corner in NFL history? LMAO!! he is a great talent and id love to see him on the pats obviously, but you have to be smoking crack to believe he is the 2nd best of all time....

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Are we talking about the same Revis who renegotiates his contract EVERY year... no thanks, resign Talib and keep Dennard across from him or draft another corner.  Ras is coming back as well.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

revis the 2nd best corner in NFL history? LMAO!! he is a great talent and id love to see him on the pats obviously, but you have to be smoking crack to believe he is the 2nd best of all time....

he shuts down everyone he faces. megatron, johnson, moss(slouch). time will tell but if he keeps it up and holds #1 WRs to next to nothing on the scorecards, I say yes. He plays without help and if you have a #1 WR Revis will shut him down.  I will miss him but we have other needs and Cro and Wilson look more than capable.  I believe our pass defense was ranked #2 last year without Revis? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

he shuts down everyone he faces. megatron, johnson, moss(slouch). time will tell but if he keeps it up and holds #1 WRs to next to nothing on the scorecards, I say yes. He plays without help and if you have a #1 WR Revis will shut him down.  I will miss him but we have other needs and Cro and Wilson look more than capable.  I believe our pass defense was ranked #2 last year without Revis? 

real good that pass defense did for you, you had no pass offense....and yes revis is a great talent, im not denying that. im just saying it is more than ridiculous/pre-mature to say he is the 2nd best corner of all time. could he go down as the 2nd best corner of all time? absolutely, but only time will tell.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Rocks for brains. I am over at the Marriot in Chapel Hill. Doing a piece here and out in the am. Meet me for a drink later. I have to know....are you some pimply faced dweeb in his mothers basement, or a real person? The bdc community needs to know

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

please post a picture, if his mom lets him use the bicycle to ride down to the marriot...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Are we talking about the same Revis who renegotiates his contract EVERY year... no thanks, resign Talib and keep Dennard across from him or draft another corner.  Ras is coming back as well.

Woz

you were stretching credibility drooling over a CFL maybe. Now your counting on Ras? And you want to be taken seriously? 

I get you dont want Revis and his salary, but he isnt a great CB? I am really shocked

Sections
Shortcuts