JETS WIN on a PI Call

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Re: JETS WIN on a PI Call

if you look at the play they were both going for the ball ...the defender had better position... and that is a 50/50 ball... they were both off balance and the defender had his hands back and it happened to be on the face mask...thats incidental contact...he didnt prevent the recievers chance... he actually had a better chance......if the receiver was in batter position and the defender pulled him out of the way... then maybe you got something... but ahhhh no!

there is more contact than that all game long... if you are going to call that you would have to call every single play.... on an earlier play in the endzone   gilligans island armbarred the reciever from the ball... didn see a call on that one...

the call was a cowardly disgrace and it is what the jests need to be in the conversation... but they still look like frauds to me...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to Re: JETS WIN on a PI Call:
    [QUOTE]if you look at the play they were both going for the ball ...the defender had better position... and that is a 50/50 ball... they were both off balance and the defender had his hands back and it happened to be on the face mask...thats incidental contact...he didnt prevent the recievers chance... he actually had a better chance......if the receiver was in batter position and the defender pulled him out of the way... then maybe you got something... but ahhhh no! there is more contact than that all game long... if you are going to call that you would have to call every single play.... on an earlier play in the endzone   gilligans island armbarred the reciever from the ball... didn see a call on that one... the call was a cowardly disgrace and it is what the jests need to be in the conversation... but they still look like frauds to me...
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]..unfortunately, only you Kyle and the other one are the only 3 in this entire thread that think this. The defender's hand GRABBED the facemask. If that was on your player, oh the humanity!!! It would a tragedy worth a thousand floggings!!!! Forget it. You got it wrong. It was a penalty but if you want to live in anti-Jet fantasy-land, go ahead. As for the actual penalty assessed, there is general agreement that it should be a 15 yard penalty instead of spot-of-foul but you are vastly outnumbered even by die-hard Patriot fans on your assessment of whether it was a penalty or not

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

So what does everyone want -  a change in the middle of the season? And here is the best part, you make that change and in the first game after the change a PI is not called that normally would and it goes against the Pats, everyone here would be screaming bloody murder.

Here is the good thing about football. Divisions rivals play each other twice in the regular season. Pats get to go for revenge soon enough in Foxboro. Then we might have a better idea how this will all play out. Or maybe we won't. That is why they play the game.

As for now, all I am reading is sour grapes. Anyone who thinks that yesterdays PI call was incorrect is just upset because the Jets won. Leave it alone and move onto to next week. Next week you get the Dolts. Enjoy the game.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Lol, you didnt see the play but you pick this thread to get up on your soapbox about how PI rules should be changed...and you call rex ann azzhat????

Fact is if it were changed to a flat 15 yard penalty, anytime a cb got beat deeper than 15 yards they would tackle the WR.  That is why the rule was changed to the spot of the foul and that is why the rule will stay as it is.  Case closed.

The Jets have probably had the most PI called on them out of any team this year.  We dont like it but we dont cry about it.  Well, we probably dont cry about it because we havent lost a game because of it lol.  If you want to watch this game on replay, please watch all of the BS calls on our defense before you get back up on that soapbox.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]if you look at the play they were both going for the ball ...the defender had better position... and that is a 50/50 ball... they were both off balance and the defender had his hands back and it happened to be on the face mask...thats incidental contact...he didnt prevent the recievers chance... he actually had a better chance......if the receiver was in batter position and the defender pulled him out of the way... then maybe you got something... but ahhhh no! there is more contact than that all game long... if you are going to call that you would have to call every single play.... on an earlier play in the endzone   gilligans island armbarred the reciever from the ball... didn see a call on that one... the call was a cowardly disgrace and it is what the jests need to be in the conversation... but they still look like frauds to me...
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

Rusty, the defender had his back to the ball when he grabbed Holmes' facemask...how in the world is he going for the ball with his back to the ball????
    He absolutely prevented him from making a play on the ball. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JETS WIN on a PI Call : Hey asshat. I haven't commented once on the Jets' game. I've said that I haven't seen the play, so I don't know whether it was legit or not. I'm talking about the P.I. rule in general, which I've never liked. I've been watching the NFL for 35 years and I've never liked the way that rule is applied. I'm not "whining" or crying about anything because: A--I don't care about the Jets, except when they're playing the Pats; and B--I did not see the play in question. I'm talking about the P.I. rule in general. At least take the time to read the posts if you're going to troll these boards. God, Jets' fans are the dumbest in the NFL. There's not even a close second out there.
    Posted by hardright[/QUOTE]

I take exception to that, especially considering how absurd this thread was to begin with.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JETS WIN on a PI Call : I take exception to that, especially considering how absurd this thread was to begin with.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

I went to college in New York.

I was surrounded by Jets' fans from Long Island....their collective IQ was 10.

Maybe Jets' fans from their actual home state---New Jersey---are smarter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Getting called for a blatant PI on a Hail Mary is right up there with getting called for holding on a field goal try that takes you out of range. STUPID!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JETS WIN on a PI Call : I went to college in New York. I was surrounded by Jets' fans from Long Island....their collective IQ was 10. Maybe Jets' fans from their actual home state---New Jersey---are smarter.
    Posted by hardright[/QUOTE]

Probably because most of those college students who surrounded you came from out of state. Tongue out

Discuss football - that's cool. No one has to agree on anything. But do not bring up intelligence - that is lame and ridiculous. I am the wrong NY fan to get into a conversation about levels of IQ. So please, let's try and stay on point and not go the way of lunacy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

hardright,

There's a reason certain Green New Jersey fans like to hang out here instead of on their own team's forum, and it ain't because they've got an Algonquin Round Table over there at GangGreen.com.

Undecided

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

I would have tried to get the first down first. But it worked.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JETS WIN on a PI Call : Probbaly because most of those college students who surrounded you came from out of state. Discuss football - that's cool. No one has to agree on anything. But do not bring up intelligence - that is lame and ridiculous. I am the wrong NY fan to get into a conversation about levels of IQ. So please, let's try and stay on point and not go the way of lunacy.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Why are you going to wow us by posting your diploma? Jets fans come here for one reason. To get sheet on. If you don't like it go back to gang green with the other morons.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JETS WIN on a PI Call : Why are you going to wow us by posting your diploma? Jets fans come here for one reason. To get sheet on. If you don't like it go back to gang green with the other morons.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

You just ain't tough enough boy. Remember that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Pretty simple people...it was pass interfearance &  the correct call was made...stinks for us patriots fans but sometimes it's better to be lucky than be good.....Jets deserved to lose that game but pulled it out due to the Donkey's mistakes....I hate both teams but was routing against the Jets to no avail...Jets are good & the battle for the AFC East & beyond is officially on!!!
    Go Patriots!!!
    On a side note, I like what I see out of all three phases of the Patriots TEAM!!
    Jets got lots of talent but talent alone doesn't translate into championships, I think Brady & BB will be too much for the Jets to handle in the long run...

18. This post has been removed.