Jets X Factor on Offense?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Jets X Factor on Offense?

I think McCourty, with some safety help should be able to contain santonio
    As long as Butler isnt on Braylon, I dont think he should pose as a huge problem
    Shonn Greene hasnt impressed me and L.T. looks like hes tiring out

Two guys that i am afraid of are Dustin Keller and Brad Smith.
    Keller hasnt done much as of late but he did beat us pretty badly game 1 and is a talented TE regardless
    Brad Smith is really fast and will most likely be use in the wild cat and other trick plays.

Honestly though, there isnt much on this offense that im afraid of.  Jets have a good oline...but if we can pressure sanchez i dont think this game is even close...dont pressure him....then it will be a close game

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: Jets X Factor on Offense?

Honestly, I think it's going to be either Edwards or Holmes. Whoever is lined up opposite of McCourty will be targeted and will have a decent game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Mccourty can take Santonio 1 on 1 hes perfect to do so, we need to double Edwards. man up Chung Against keller, brad smith doesnt really scare me we have  had pretty good success against the wildcat.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Would you rather see McCourty 1 on 1 with holmes with safety help on Braylon? Or  safety help on holmes and 1 on 1 with holmes?

Id personally rather see the help on holmes...hes a big play wr who is also extremal clutch

braylon has had good games this season...but he also has a case of the dropsies...so in a sense, arrington and braylons hands are already a double coverage

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

I just always get a bad feeling when you leave a guy whose 6'3 in single covrage, our DB's match up better 1 on 1 with holmes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Braylon match up is what killed Butler's confidence. Braylon is a punk, I wish we had a taller CB to match up with him, but BB is going to line up Butler on him for the first few plays. Braylon will get most of the passes thrown his way and it will be Butler's chance to redeem himself. 

Arrington will lined up at OLB. 

Chung in coverage is NOT a good idea. This is why I miss McGowan so much. He's a stud in coverage. I know everyone else is solidering through tough injuries, especially the Colts, but our pass defense really took a hit when we lost Bodden and McGowan. We lost our best cover corner and our best cover safety. Our run defense took a hit when we lost Warren. The guy is a rock when he's healthy and playing DE. 

But real teams, like the Colts, never complain about injury. =( 

Guess we Pats fans just have to man up and stop crying, like Colts fans. =D 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

The Jets don't have any factors on offense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In Response to Re: Jets X Factor on Offense?:
    [QUOTE]The Jets don't have any factors on offense.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt go that far. they did put 28 on us in meeting 1.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

Its probably gonna be cold and windy, look for Sanchez to hand us the game on a silver platter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

think we can shut down their run game enough, but our secondary will probably give up a lot of yards up the middle. In the end I believe the Pats defense can make the plays and we can take advantage of the turnover advantage. At home, Brady will be motivated to beat the Jets and can easily put up 30+ points. Jets won't find a team that lets them in at the last second, it might be close but Pats come out on top.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE] think we can shut down their run game enough, but our secondary will probably give up a lot of yards up the middle. In the end I believe the Pats defense can make the plays and we can take advantage of the turnover advantage. At home, Brady will be motivated to beat the Jets and can easily put up 30+ points. Jets won't find a team that lets them in at the last second, it might be close but Pats come out on top.
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

Easily?

Interesting analysis on all ends here although it concentrates mostly on the Pats D vs the Jets offense. A couple of points not touched upon:

Special Teams - I think you can bank on Mike Westoff reviewing tapes from T.G. Detroit didn't allow the Pats return team to do anything. I believe long field vs short field may very come into play here. And the Pats special teams is not all that impressive.

Pats O vs Jets D - they must establish a running game which the Jets D respects. If they cannot do that, then they may have to keep the T.E. in moreso than usual for blocking purposes. This becomes important because Brady is so effective in the middle of the field, especially with the T.E. The Pats wideouts could & should be nullified from the opening gun so the middle of the field is very important. The Jets D must figure out a way to stop the N.E. slot formation; something that they have not done that well this year. Welker could have a 10 + catch game. If Pats T.E. are allowed to come off the line, again, the Jets will have big problems.

Pats D vs Jets O - I know everyone here likes to laugh at Sanchez, but the fact is that he has grown up a lot. He still makes some poor choices, but he has gotten better. Regarding his pass completion %. I think some overlook the fact that the Jets take a lot of shots down the field (30 + yards - ball in the air) and your completion % does tend to drop when you are doing this. Pats D has to be careful with their blitz packages as Sanchez tends to be better when he is on the run. Greene cannot fumble and LT must be effective catching the ball out in the flats. However, if the Jets put the ball on the ground, then the Pats will exploit these mistakes and make the Jets pay dearly.

As of today, the line is 3 1/2 and that seems about right. The Jets cannot fall behind the Pats by more than 10 points in the first half. If they do, game over, NE in first place. But NE cannot let the Jets take the crowd out of the game early.

I think Pats have the edge going in and should win 24 - 20, but I would not bet this game.

Preliminary weather forecasts look to be okay.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Right now, it's 39 for a high, some snow and wind. Nice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]Right now, it's 39 for a high, some snow and wind. Nice.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Sanchez is going to have to get used to bad weather if he ever wants to be taken seriously. The Meadowlands is no picnic spot during the winter either.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yup. Something to watch closely. I don't see him doing well in NE, Chicago or Pitt.

He's numbers last Dec/Jan were bad.

If he chokes in one or more of these games, I doubt we'll be seeing many Jets trolls here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Yup. Something to watch closely. I don't see him doing well in NE, Chicago or Pitt. He's numbers last Dec/Jan were bad. If he chokes in one or more of these games, I doubt we'll be seeing many Jets trolls here.

And if he has a great game, then what?

Let's understand one thing - Sanchez is not the same QB that he was last year at this time. And according to scouts, he throws the ball fairly well in bad weather because of his grip. It seems that he has large hands. His turnover ration is nowhere near last year.

You all maybe right and Sanchez is still not ready for prime-time. But considering the fact that he only started in college for one year and was then thrown to the wolves of the NFL, his progression has been good. Even Brady had a full year of understudy work before he took over the game.

Brady can win a game by himself; Sanchez cannot. But Sanchez certainly can help in a big way. I am just hoping that BB and the Pats think Sanchez is as bad as you all seem to think.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

X                  XXXXXXX X       X          X
     O                   OOOOOO          O         O
                                 6  <------EVERYBODY MEET HERE
                                 O

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets X Factor on Offense? : And if he has a great game, then what? Let's understand one thing - Sanchez is not the same QB that he was last year at this time. And according to scouts, he throws the ball fairly well in bad weather because of his grip. It seems that he has large hands. His turnover ration is nowhere near last year. You all maybe right and Sanchez is still not ready for prime-time. But considering the fact that he only started in college for one year and was then thrown to the wolves of the NFL, his progression has been good. Even Brady had a full year of understudy work before he took over the game. Brady can win a game by himself; Sanchez cannot. But Sanchez certainly can help in a big way. I am just hoping that BB and the Pats think Sanchez is as bad as you all seem to think.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Well, obviously, then he proves he can do it and I'll tip my cap.

As far as him being thrown to the wolves, all we can by is what we see and that's this:

1. 4th overall pick.
    2. 12 TDs, 20 INTs in 2009 behind #1 rushing attack.
    3. Improved 2010, but still very limited in the throws he can make.
    4. NY rolls him out of the pocket as a design because he isn't a good pocket passer yet.
    5. Has penchant for poorly timed INTs a la Jay Cutler.

He also seems immature and overly cocky for someone who has actually been protected very well with a good run game, D and no pressure last year.

Now, the pressure is on. This is it.  It's December. 

My point is, now his time.

All we heard all off season is how the Jets are the runaway favorites in the AFC, they traded for Holmes, best defense since 2001 Ravens, unstoppable, time to unseat NE in the division, etc, etc.

So, I know you want to protect him, but the jig is up.  He'll be playing with the big boys on Monday.

I think BB will gameplan for the Jets based on what he's seen to be patterns:

1. Contain the run.
    2. Get him to try to force passes.
    3. Keep him in the pocket.
    4. Watch Keller over the middle with maybe Chung?
    5. Take away the slant with physical man coverage at the line of scrimmage.

They'll probably unveil a version of the Pitt gameplan. Roethlisberger likes to roll out, too.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets X Factor on Offense? : Well, obviously, then he proves he can do it and I'll tip my cap. As far as him being thrown to the wolves, all we can by is what we see and that's this: 1. 4th overall pick. 2. 12 TDs, 20 INTs in 2009 behind #1 rushing attack. 3. Improved 2010, but still very limited in the throws he can make. 4. NY rolls him out of the pocket as a design because he isn't a good pocket passer yet. 5. Has penchant for poorly timed INTs a la Jay Cutler. He also seems immature and overly cocky for someone who has actually been protected very well with a good run game, D and no pressure last year. Now, the pressure is on. This is it.  It's December.  My point is, now his time. All we heard all off season is how the Jets are the runaway favorites in the AFC, they traded for Holmes, best defense since 2001 Ravens, unstoppable, time to unseat NE in the division, etc, etc. So, I know you want to protect him, but the jig is up.  He'll be playing with the big boys on Monday. I think BB will gameplan for the Jets based on what he's seen to be patterns: 1. Contain the run. 2. Get him to try to force passes. 3. Keep him in the pocket. 4. Watch Keller over the middle with maybe Chung? 5. Take away the slant with physical man coverage at the line of scrimmage. They'll probably unveil a version of the Pitt gameplan. Roethlisberger likes to roll out, too.

I am still waiting for one person to show me an article that said the Jets were runaway favorites. Just one article - that's all.

Yes, the Jets were chosen as one of the teams to beat. And yes, some idiots thought that this Pats team didn't have what it takes.

Let's answer both opinions:

Regarding Jets - they went all out with moves specifically designed to win this year. One would expect that of a team.

Regarding Pats - Anyone who thought that a BB team headed by Brady would not be a league favorite has zero clue.  BB can make more with less better than any coach I have ever seen.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Weather won't be a factor, the YETS play outdoors too and New York can be cold and windy and snowy.  Both teams have to play in it and both teams will know how.  The YETS ain't Indy.

The YETS running game must be stopped, whether or not PATS fans respect Green and Tomlinson.  Tomlinson cannot have the same kind of game he had against us in September.  If we stop the run and make them one dimensional the PATS have a good chance.  If they are vulnerable to the run, (remember Peyton Hillis), all bets are off.

Finally neither team is the same team it was in September. 

Looking forward to the game.....  Yeeeeessssssssss!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Disagree completely.   Even Jets fans will probably admit Sanchez looks scary throwing in wind.

At least he has.

Southern California kid who will not like snow and wind in Foxborough.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets X Factor on Offense? : I am still waiting for one person to show me an article that said the Jets were runaway favorites. Just one article - that's all. Yes, the Jets were chosen as one of the teams to beat. And yes, some idiots thought that this Pats team didn't have what it takes. Let's answer both opinions: Regarding Jets - they went all out with moves specifically designed to win this year. One would expect that of a team. Regarding Pats - Anyone who thought that a BB team headed by Brady would not be a league favorite has zero clue.  BB can make more with less better than any coach I have ever seen.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

You have to admit, he must make you uncomfortable 99% of the time:

Rex Ryan: Jets should be favored to win the Super Bowl

In Las Vegas, the New York Jets have the longest odds to win the Super Bowl of any of the 12 playoff teams. Jets coach Rex Ryan is prohibited from betting on the NFL, but he thinks a bet on the Jets would be a bargain.

When asked about his team’s underdog status, Ryan said, “I wasn’t aware of that, but to me we should be favorites.”

A reporter then asked Ryan to clarify whether he meant they should be favored to win Saturday’s game at Cincinnati, and Ryan said his confidence in his team goes further than that.

“I mean in the whole tournament,” Ryan said. “I think we have the best defense; I know we do. I think we have the best rushing attack. I want this football team. If I had a choice to coach any team in this tournament, I would choose this one.”

For the record, the Jets are three-point underdogs against the Bengals, and they’ve been listed at anywhere from 25-1 to 50-1 to win the Super Bowl.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets X Factor on Offense? : You have to admit, he must make you uncomfortable 99% of the time: Rex Ryan: Jets should be favored to win the Super Bowl Posted by Mike Florio on January 6, 2010, 5:26 PM EST In Las Vegas, the New York Jets have the longest odds to win the Super Bowl of any of the 12 playoff teams. Jets coach Rex Ryan is prohibited from betting on the NFL, but he thinks a bet on the Jets would be a bargain. When asked about his team’s underdog status, Ryan said, “I wasn’t aware of that, but to me we should be favorites .” A reporter then asked Ryan to clarify whether he meant they should be favored to win Saturday’s game at Cincinnati, and Ryan said his confidence in his team goes further than that. “I mean in the whole tournament,” Ryan said. “I think we have the best defense; I know we do. I think we have the best rushing attack. I want this football team. If I had a choice to coach any team in this tournament, I would choose this one.” For the record, the Jets are three-point underdogs against the Bengals, and they’ve been listed at anywhere from 25-1 to 50-1 to win the Super Bowl.

You are giving me what Ryan said. That is not what I asked and not what you inferred to earlier. I want to see where analysts, pundits and oddsmakers had the Jets as the favorite.

As for Ryan - he is a product of his father who was the same way.

Also, in NY, a sports franchise is about money/business as well as the sport itself. Just like the Mets, the Jets have to compete not only against the league, but against a hometown rival who has been around longer. You need to find a way to get your piece of the pie. Ryan sells the Jets and in turn, sells a belief. That tends to generate money. Is he a mouth - yes. Is he good for the game - yes. Will he wear out his welcome one day - only time will tell. If Torre can wear out his welcome, then any manager or coach in any sport can do the same.

If the Jets can become a consistent winner, then Ryan will have done his job better than any other coach in Jet history.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Dustin Keller or LT. These are the type of short range guys that have given us problems all year. We've done well enough against the run but when the jets go to the passing game watch for those 2 guys and Sanchez running it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I will say this as a person who does bet the NFL - this is one game I wouldn't come close to.