Jets Young WRs = Busts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Jets Young WRs = Busts

In response to BurtonMercer's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to stegall85's comment:

I am concerned regarding the Pats young WR's. So far the reports on Dobson have not been stellar, and Boyce is already behind the other WR candidates.

I will breath a sigh of relief if the Pats can line up week 1 with Amendola, Edelman and Hern all healthy after preseason, and hoping the same can be said of Gronk.

I hear you, but it's still early.  The nice thing for the Pats is if generally good health prevails ( fingers crossed ), then the rest of the offense looks very good. They have among the best talent in the league across the board on offense outside of WR where we'll have to wait and see.

Ignore him. He uses doom and gloom with everything Pats and then praises the clear subpar Jets issues.

and now the truth..

in the past 2 years I have commented on the Jets salary cap issues and the Jets draft. You on the other hand comment on the Jets at least 3 times per week, every week...

in addition, I have not seen either Pats WR play yet, so I commented "so far the reports"...meaning it is not me being critical, but others.

in other words, why even give a thought to Holmes, Kerley and Hill when Edelman, Gronk and Hern are out?

Holmes's injury is far more serious than any of the Pats injuries. I believe he said he felt like he needs to "learn how to walk again". Ouch. Good thing he gets paid 10 million per year.

Face it, you and Jets fans have been raving about people Kerley and now Hill, and they just aren't that good.

I already said it might be cause Sanchez and Smith blow, too, so what else do you want?

I do not believe the names Kerley or Hill have ever been mentioned by me prior to this thread

look, I know you are unable to fathom the truth..but the facts are 4 years ago I said I didnt want to play the Jets in the playoffs

4 years ago I said Sanchez had 32 TD's

this year I said the Jets would get under the cap

this year I said I thought the Jets had a good draft

other than that, I havent discussed the Jets. It is you that brings them onto the board repeatedly...other than trashing Brady, me, MtHurl and PhatRex, I would say the Jets are your favorite topic!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Calling any rookie on any team a bust before training camps even starts is completely ridiculous. Until any player has gone through at least a full year (two is a better test) I don't see how they can be labeled much of anything besides a "prospect"......

I hope all Jets players are busts, but no possible way to judge at this point.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to tanbass's comment:

Calling any rookie on any team a bust before training camps even starts is completely ridiculous. Until any player has gone through at least a full year (two is a better test) I don't see how they can be labeled much of anything besides a "prospect"......

I hope all Jets players are busts, but no possible way to judge at this point.

Kerley and Hill aren't rookies.  Kerley has been through 2 years. Hill enters his second, led the team in drops and had a drop problem all through college at GT.

I am judging and they appear to be flops.  Edelman is better than Kerley for crying out loud.  The Holmes issue is just a bonus. They traded for him, pay him 10 mil per and he's entering his last season of that bloate contract, so they really have no WRs developed behind him.

I am an Edleman fan. Have been since his rookie year. But tell me the last time he played 16 games...had 56 rcpts....827 yerads....14.8 ypc...all of which Kerley did last year

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Kerley and Hill aren't rookies.  Kerley has been through 2 years. Hill enters his second, led the team in drops and had a drop problem all through college at GT.

I didn't know that...it sounded as if you were talking about rookies. I guess time will tell if they keep them or not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to tanbass's comment:

I didn't know that...it sounded as if you were talking about rookies. I guess time will tell if they keep them or not.

Jeremy Kerley was a fifth round pick who had 56 receptions for 830 yards last season with Mark Sanchez at the helm (and no other real threat at WR). I can't for the life of me figure out how that makes him a bust.

Hill may very well be a bust considering he was a high second rounder but like many have already said its way too early to even begin that discussion.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am concerned regarding the Pats young WR's. So far the reports on Dobson have not been stellar, and Boyce is already behind the other WR candidates.

I will breath a sigh of relief if the Pats can line up week 1 with Amendola, Edelman and Hern all healthy after preseason, and hoping the same can be said of Gronk.

I hear you, but it's still early.  The nice thing for the Pats is if generally good health prevails ( fingers crossed ), then the rest of the offense looks very good. They have among the best talent in the league across the board on offense outside of WR where we'll have to wait and see.

Ignore him. He uses doom and gloom with everything Pats and then praises the clear subpar Jets issues.

and now the truth..

in the past 2 years I have commented on the Jets salary cap issues and the Jets draft. You on the other hand comment on the Jets at least 3 times per week, every week...

in addition, I have not seen either Pats WR play yet, so I commented "so far the reports"...meaning it is not me being critical, but others.

in other words, why even give a thought to Holmes, Kerley and Hill when Edelman, Gronk and Hern are out?

Explain "but others", please.

"Normally sure-handed Jeremy Kerley fought off a heel injury this spring and dropped more passes than Ryan is accustomed to seeing.  Still the Jets have to feel solid with JK, a player who led them in both receptions (56) and yards (827) in 2012."

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-insidewithea/Questions-Remain-at-WR--TE/823ddce7-950d-4eae-b3d8-53afcf817400

Sure sounds like without Holmes out there to take coverage off Hill and Kerley, those two are now dropping balls.

why do you post a link from ESPN, yet when others do you say ESPN is a bunch of hacks?

It has been reported by Reiss, Field, Berry and the EEI guys that the Pats WR's struggled in OTA's. It is also reported Boyce has not practiced yet, falling still further behind, and Dobson showed flashes, but had some very bad drops. Yet you focus on your favorite team, the Jets?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

and now the truth..

"Normally sure-handed Jeremy Kerley fought off a heel injury this spring and dropped more passes than Ryan is accustomed to seeing.  Still the Jets have to feel solid with JK, a player who led them in both receptions (56) and yards (827) in 2012."

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-insidewithea/Questions-Remain-at-WR--TE/823ddce7-950d-4eae-b3d8-53afcf817400

Sure sounds like without Holmes out there to take coverage off Hill and Kerley, those two are now dropping balls.

why do you post a link from ESPN, yet when others do you say ESPN is a bunch of hacks?

It has been reported by Reiss, Field, Berry and the EEI guys that the Pats WR's struggled in OTA's. It is also reported Boyce has not practiced yet, falling still further behind, and Dobson showed flashes, but had some very bad drops. Yet you focus on your favorite team, the Jets?

Depends who it is at ESPN. Rational people realize Reiss is a good source. Yates is solid. ROdak is terrible and clearly knows very little. I don't know where they cull these dorks from.  I really don't. It's very clear, he wasn't an athlete at any time.  Reiss at least play pick up hockey.   But, overall, the national ESPN group is anti-BB. We know this.

As for Dobson and Boyce, I will wait until they're out there in July, day to day.  Boyce is being held back because they want that foot at 100% for July. Practicing two days to showcase your draft picks when you don't need to, is actually typical BB and offensive players.  Don't expect electric, HOF kind of WR play here in camp out of the gate, RKrap.

As for the Jets, Hill sucks and had huge red flags out of GT.  Kerley now dropping balls left and right is also not a good sign.

Brady and Amendola, put in Edelman, Jenkins, Hernandez returning and getting his reps, will all allow the rookies to be brought along.

It will only be "concerning" if they don't progress in July.  Plus, you can't tell how someone is going to be without pads and whatnot. Some players come out and look great in mini camp, and then pads come in and they don't.

that being said, Kerley was very solid last year, yet you sell him out in mini camp? Why is that? If Dobson or Boyce put up the numbers Kerley did last year I will be ecstatic.

It seems you are the only poster that can be 2 faced...here you post one thing, on another thread you post the opposite...at least use one of your other names when you contradict yourself. bring back Rally C

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

and now the truth..

Depends who it is at ESPN. Rational people realize Reiss is a good source. Yates is solid. ROdak is terrible and clearly knows very little. I don't know where they cull these dorks from.  I really don't. It's very clear, he wasn't an athlete at any time.  Reiss at least play pick up hockey.   But, overall, the national ESPN group is anti-BB. We know this.

As for Dobson and Boyce, I will wait until they're out there in July, day to day.  Boyce is being held back because they want that foot at 100% for July. Practicing two days to showcase your draft picks when you don't need to, is actually typical BB and offensive players.  Don't expect electric, HOF kind of WR play here in camp out of the gate, RKrap.

As for the Jets, Hill sucks and had huge red flags out of GT.  Kerley now dropping balls left and right is also not a good sign.

Brady and Amendola, put in Edelman, Jenkins, Hernandez returning and getting his reps, will all allow the rookies to be brought along.

It will only be "concerning" if they don't progress in July.  Plus, you can't tell how someone is going to be without pads and whatnot. Some players come out and look great in mini camp, and then pads come in and they don't.

that being said, Kerley was very solid last year, yet you sell him out in mini camp? Why is that? If Dobson or Boyce put up the numbers Kerley did last year I will be ecstatic.

It seems you are the only poster that can be 2 faced...here you post one thing, on another thread you post the opposite...at least use one of your other names when you contradict yourself. bring back Rally C

Umm, Boyce and Dobson are ROOKIES. ROOKIES. HIll and Kerley ARE NOT. I said it above repeatedly!  Please learn to read, Corky. My god. Ugh.

It's just so bad when people's god awful reading comprehension leads to the derailment of threads.

[/QUOTE]

Kerley was a rookie last year. If this years rookies Dobson or Boyce could put up rookie numbers similar to Kerleys I would be ecstatic.

Funny how whebn proven wrong you go off topic and skirt the issue...

So what is it? Did Kerley have a bad rookie year? Did Kerley or Hill having drops in OTA's mean anything? Does the fact that Boyce not participating and falling behind mean anything? Does the fact that everyone is reporting that Dobson, when he did practice looked bad, mean anything?

Which is it Russ or Rally or Sprinkles, or what ever your name is...dont dance, answer

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Kerley was a rookie last year. If this years rookies Dobson or Boyce could put up rookie numbers similar to Kerleys I would be ecstatic.

Funny how whebn proven wrong you go off topic and skirt the issue...

So what is it? Did Kerley have a bad rookie year? Did Kerley or Hill having drops in OTA's mean anything? Does the fact that Boyce not participating and falling behind mean anything? Does the fact that everyone is reporting that Dobson, when he did practice looked bad, mean anything?

Which is it Russ or Rally or Sprinkles, or what ever your name is...dont dance, answer

Kerley was a rookie two years ago. I still think its ridiculous to call a 5th round pick a bust (term should be reserved for 1st and top end 2nd rounders imo). It makes it even worse to call him a bust when he's only played two seasons and was relatively productive last year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Given all the failures the Pats have had at wide receiver I take little solace in the Jets struggles there. 

Our wide receiver woes have cost us at least one ring, the Jets wide receiver woes have cost them some pride and that's it.