Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Jets

Contrary to Rusty's comments about me and my affection for the Jets, it is simply not true. Last night was my first time watching them this year. I was at the game, and got home too late to watch the game again, and I don't like to make game observations until I see the game a 2nd time.

But this Jets team is interesting. Rex has this defense playing very hard. Richardson, Wilkerson, Milliner, Coples ( I know he did not play last night) can be pro bowlers over the next few years. Cro is at least as good as Talib. This defense is a S and LB away from being elite. Geno is interesting to say the least. They need a WR and a TE....RB's are system guys that can be had in the 4th round. I thought the Jets OL played well, and the sacks were on Geno. 

Anyways, this team is reloading, and has over $30 million in cap space next year. Idzek is smart. 2-3 years down the road, these guys are going to be interesting. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Re: Jets

In response to rkarp's comment:

Contrary to Rusty's comments about me and my affection for the Jets, it is simply not true. Last night was my first time watching them this year. I was at the game, and got home too late to watch the game again, and I don't like to make game observations until I see the game a 2nd time.

But this Jets team is interesting. Rex has this defense playing very hard. Richardson, Wilkerson, Milliner, Coples ( I know he did not play last night) can be pro bowlers over the next few years. Cro is at least as good as Talib. This defense is a S and LB away from being elite. Geno is interesting to say the least. They need a WR and a TE....RB's are system guys that can be had in the 4th round. I thought the Jets OL played well, and the sacks were on Geno. 

Anyways, this team is reloading, and has over $30 million in cap space next year. Idzek is smart. 2-3 years down the road, these guys are going to be interesting. 

The popular view is the Jets are the worst team in football and are favorites to earn the number 1 pick in this years draft.

Knowing how this team operates one can expect them to miss on the draft.

How can anyone think the Jets have a bright future when the organization continues to do stupid things like extending their GB, hiring a GM and handing him a lame duck head coach.

The Jets are where they are for good reason and will stay there for sometime.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

If I were a Jets fan I'd be beside myself over the fact that the Pats couldn't get out of their own way last night and the Jets STILL find a way to lose.

Jets fans are so proud of so little and it's going to get worse for them before it gets better. You could almost pity Jets fans at this point. Almost.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I was there also. I would agree with a few of your observations and disagree with a few. Based on what I saw last night here are some general observations.

The strength of the Jet's is their interior D line. It is a big physical unit that is very difficult to move off the point of attack. The linebackers as a group are average they don't do anything particulary well but they play well as a unit. Cromartie is a top corner although his weakness is smaller recievers with quickness who can cut on a dime. His body type makes a edelman type match-up very difficult for him. He is one of the best  corners in the league against the bigger/faster recievers. I didn't notice Miliner one way or the other last night. The safeties aren't good. I thought our safeties were bad Allen and Landry bite on almost every play fake and take bad angles to the ball.

Offensively they lack talent at the skill positions. As with our rookies you can't judge Geno Smith yet. Just like with any rookie QB it is important to get as many reps as possible so that he is able to diagnose what defenses are throwing at him. He looked confused on quite a few plays last night but that is to be expected for a rookie QB.

Don't know anything about their cap position but they need to aquire talent at the offensive skill positions or they will continue to be a mediocre team.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

Don't know why you rag on Smith.  He was the patsie's MVP.  

I thought it was clyde gates

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

These are the JETS we are talking about. They will find a way to screw it up. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

This is a PATRIOTS board, folks.  We are talking "Jets" here?

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

The jets are better than thought in pre season

I knew there Dline was good and will be good - but they still didn't get pressure

I think they are 2 LBS, 2 safeties and 1 cb aways from being really good

They have fewer skill position players on Offense than anyone in the nfl

Geno - has an arm , has very good mobility but the question is - how accurate is he?

The jet OC called a horrible game-  just like ours

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I was there also. I would agree with a few of your observations and disagree with a few. Based on what I saw last night here are some general observations.

The strength of the Jet's is their interior D line. It is a big physical unit that is very difficult to move off the point of attack. The linebackers as a group are average they don't do anything particulary well but they play well as a unit. Cromartie is a top corner although his weakness is smaller recievers with quickness who can cut on a dime. His body type makes a edelman type match-up very difficult for him. He is one of the best  corners in the league against the bigger/faster recievers. I didn't notice Miliner one way or the other last night. The safeties aren't good. I thought our safeties were bad Allen and Landry bite on almost every play fake and take bad angles to the ball.

Offensively they lack talent at the skill positions. As with our rookies you can't judge Geno Smith yet. Just like with any rookie QB it is important to get as many reps as possible so that he is able to diagnose what defenses are throwing at him. He looked confused on quite a few plays last night but that is to be expected for a rookie QB.

Don't know anything about their cap position but they need to aquire talent at the offensive skill positions or they will continue to be a mediocre team.

[/QUOTE]

Don't know why you rag on Smith.  He was the patsie's MVP.  

[/QUOTE]

How is saying the books is  still out ragging on Smith? He has the physical skill set it will be his ability to go through his proggressions and make reads which determine his fate.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

I knew there Dline was good and will be good - but they still didn't get pressure

Geno - has an arm , has very good mobility but the question is - how accurate is he?

I disagree about the calling of the game.  They ran with success, they had receivers open when passing, it was a good mix of run/pass.  

last post for me about the jets here

The play calling in the 4th qtr was horrendous - too much drop back and throw - The jets RBs were getting positive yardage on almost every run and they went away from it. The oline was beatring the Pats Dline on the run and the Pats Dline was more effective on passing downs

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I thought the Jets would win 2 games; I've upped it a couple.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I disagree about the calling of the game.  They ran with success, they had receivers open when passing, it was a good mix of run/pass.  

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the offensive playcalling was superb.  The nice "mix" led to a whopping 10 points against the "last ranked Patsie D."  It's so cute how you like to have it both ways. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Pig latin?  What are you, twelve?

So the new board DB has revealed himself.............

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to ROWDYRODRUST's comment:

If I were a Jets fan I'd be beside myself over the fact that the Pats couldn't get out of their own way last night and the Jets STILL find a way to lose.

Jets fans are so proud of so little and it's going to get worse for them before it gets better. You could almost pity Jets fans at this point. Almost.

This. Maybe it is the reason we have Jets trolls here. They really have nothing else to do. They ahve to release their furstration somehow.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:

[QUOTE]

Pig latin?  What are you, twelve?

So the new board DB has revealed himself.............

[/QUOTE]

Did so weeks ago - where ya been?

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts