that can really hurt him bad .

With Griffin running 4.38 ,
    he should have been a WR

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Re: Joe Adams Fast Not Really!!!

Floyd with 4.42 
    man thats good ,
    the pats should look at this 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tampabostonfan. Show tampabostonfan's posts

Smith out of Georgia Tech put up 4.3 and is 6'4" 215.  I would say he just made himself some money.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Floyd is a top notch receiver.  Too bad the union has a stranglehold on mgmt because Floyd is the kind of guy with his past that I would want some exceptions built into his contract.   It's time these guys know that stupid things they do in high school and college on a repeat basis are going to hurt them unless they change.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

As a former sprinter, I know not to put too much stock in 40 times. There's too many variables, bad start, good start, wind, injuries, nerves, etc. Some of these guys can run just as well in full pads, some can't. Jerry Rice reportedly ran a 4.6 40 at the 1985 combine. Don't knock a guy for one bad 40 time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

May not effect his on field speed, but it effects his draft stock for sure. If you've never heard that Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 before then you've never watched a combine. EVERY single year after a supposedly fast receiver runs poorly they bring out the "Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 so don't worry". There is only one Jerry Rice. With that said, Joe Adams ran in the 4.4's and 4.5's which is plenty fast enough to be a good NFL receiver. He isn't a Desean Jackson, Mike Wallace, or jacoby ford. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Joe Adams Fast Not Really!!!:
    [QUOTE]As a former sprinter, I know not to put too much stock in 40 times. There's too many variables, bad start, good start, wind, injuries, nerves, etc. Some of these guys can run just as well in full pads, some can't. Jerry Rice reportedly ran a 4.6 40 at the 1985 combine. Don't knock a guy for one bad 40 time.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Arian Foster ran a 4.7. Laurence Maroney ran a 4.49. Who cares how fast RBs are in shorts.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]As a former sprinter, I know not to put too much stock in 40 times. There's too many variables, bad start, good start, wind, injuries, nerves, etc. Some of these guys can run just as well in full pads, some can't. Jerry Rice reportedly ran a 4.6 40 at the 1985 combine. Don't knock a guy for one bad 40 time.

As a guy who never broke 8 seconds in the 40, I appreciate all of the variables you listed that I can now say contributed to my unathleticismistic 40 times. It ws my nerves, yeah, that was the issue...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]Floyd with 4.42  man thats good , the pats should look at this 
    Posted by yakv[/QUOTE]

For you Floyd fans, there's this to know:
    http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-03-21/notre-dames-michael-floyd-suspended-indefinitely

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I agree with everything you said but the Jerry Rice thing is a myth. It's been Poopoo'd by many a GM and scout over the years saying Rice timed under 4.5.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Joe Adams Fast Not Really!!!:
    [QUOTE]Joe Adams 4.53 not so good , that can really hurt him bad . With Griffin running 4.38 , he should have been a WR
    Posted by yakv[/QUOTE]

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Wes Welker run a 4.53 forty?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with everything you said but the Jerry Rice thing is a myth. It's been Poopoo'd by many a GM and scout over the years saying Rice timed under 4.5.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]
    Thanks, I should have known better.

One of my boyhood idols, world class hurdler Renaldo Nehemiah, played for the 49ers from 1982-1984. His QB was a young Joe Montana but his blazing speed wasn't enough as he couldn't catch very well. The 49ers drafted Jerry Rice in 1985.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Welker isn't a burner or stretch the field type receiver,
    adams is so running a slow 40 doesn't help