JOE MONTANA IMPLIES THAT BRADY ISN'T IN HIS LEAGUE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

JOE MONTANA IMPLIES THAT BRADY ISN'T IN HIS LEAGUE

couldnr believe what i heard in the eei archive with montana. when they brought tup proverbial comparison with him and brady he seemed annoyed and said that the game was much harder back then and that he could have 5K yards with all the pansy rules. hebrought up not ever having the luxury of the shotgun, he was always under center. also talked up his mobility and ability to be a full qb. he sounded as if he resented the comparison and kept bringing up contrasts to justify his top position. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: JOE MONTANA IMPLIES THAT BRADY ISN'T IN HIS LEAGUE

personally i dont care who is better, all i know is i wouldnt rather have anyone than brady....GO PATS!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

That's funny, he just said a few days ago that TB was already the G O A T.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Joe Montana was great, absoultly.....

However, he had a stacked team on offense and defense. Remember, NO SALARY CAP in Montana's era.

How would Montana lead today's Patriots?

How would Brady lead the 80's 49ers?

Today's players are bigger, faster, stronger.....I love Montana but Brady is hands down better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I always got the feeling that Montana was very complimentary of Tom Brady, however he's got to be sick of the comparisons, he's been hearing about them for 10 years now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Give it a break nobody cares, AS USUAL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

In Response to Re: JOE MONTANA IMPLIES THAT BRADY ISN'T IN HIS LEAGUE:
    [QUOTE]That's funny, he just said a few days ago that TB was already the G O A T.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Hey PEZZ!

YOU are right, Joe Montana lauded Brady.....the OP posts some of the dumbest crap on this board....only read his threads if it looks like someone interesting has posted a rebuttle!

GO PATRIOTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Blissman ! I was just about to call you. You ready for this, Buddy ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

TRue, Brady not ready for the elbow bursitis retirement league yet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I wonder what Tom could have done with a Jerry Rice as a weapon his whole career.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to JOE MONTANA IMPLIES THAT BRADY ISN'T IN HIS LEAGUE:
    [QUOTE]couldnr believe what i heard in the eei archive with montana. when they brought tup proverbial comparison with him and brady he seemed annoyed and said that the game was much harder back then and that he could have 5K yards with all the pansy rules. hebrought up not ever having the luxury of the shotgun, he was always under center. also talked up his mobility and ability to be a full qb. he sounded as if he resented the comparison and kept bringing up contrasts to justify his top position. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

GET LOST JERK

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Give me a break !!! I am a Pats fan...1st 21 years in Maine and last 45 in SF so I am a local fan too.  Brady from Santa Clara where 49ers practice used to watch Joe who became his childhood hero. I don't believe that anyone more than Montana wishes for Brady to tie him and Bradshaw with SB rings. It should have been 2 years ago if the refs had adhered to "Protect the QB" and called Manning in the grasp before he tossed that miracle pass & miracle catch & hold !!!

I've had 49er tickets for years and have enjoyed the Joe Montana/Steve Young run. I don't believe Brady has ever had anymore similar to Jerry Rice to whom to throw. Also, although Montana was a great all around QB, his real claim to fame was being behind in the last under 2 minutes and driving up the field to score and win.

Common Tom get that 4th ring today and avenge the loss 2 years ago and also for 49ers fans who will all be Pats fans today, avenge the gift victory we gave the Giants 2 weeks ago. I would have been in a real quandary had 49ers and Pats played---Classic Defense vs Classic offense...but as roots run deep, I would have leaned toward the Pats !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

For a season where three QBs threw for 5K+, I'm not surprised to hear him say this.  I don't think it's only aimed at Brady...no way the NFL would've seen 3 QBs in the same season put up 5,000+ yards back in Joe's day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

it's like the comparison between manning and brady. people will debate who's better. when all is said and done years from now, it all boils down to accomplishment.

if tb wins this sb, that talk about manning being beter than tb will taper down. only a few manning loyalists will keep insisting manning si better.

if the pat wins this, tb would graduate from that comparison with manning. the comparison would be with. the debate stops again if tb wins a fifth.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Sour grapes

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Montana is protecting his turf.  No one who is living on the Mt Olympus of football wants to see their fraternity invaded by someone who is being compared, if not deemed better, than them.  Human nature.  Recall how Rice would react to anyone approaching his records?  He'd just about cry! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

I heard Joe speak several times during the week and it was all compliments about Tom. He mentioned that Bill Walsh had him try the shotgun once and the ball went flying over his head. Walsh ended that experiment right there.

The 49s had a core of great football players around Joe and Steve Young. They had good TEs, 2 excellent wideouts, and a decent running game. ...and of course they were the ones that came up with the West Coast Offense. Back when the Patriots were cellar dwellers I enjoyed watching a team that knew how to win. That was the 49s.

But Joe has said nothing but nice things about Tom.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Jerry Rice was a decent WR.  He might have played a small role in Montana's Superbowl wins.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Brady's not in his league. Montana is an old man that doesn't play in the league anymore. lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Well, is Joe Montana wrong?  IMHO, no he isn't.  I believe under today's rules, he'd have done even better.  But, that's the problem with trying to determan who's the greatest of all time - hard to do over that much time given the changes the game has seenl.  This I do know - Joe was the best of his era.  Brady's the best of his.  Who's better?  Who cares - we got TB and I'll take that every day of the week, twice on Sundays, and three times on Super Bowl Sundays.  GO PATS!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Hopefully Old Man Winters, is somewhere able to recognize that even IF he was still just squaring off against The Falcons (early division alignment), the Saints, and The LA Rams (The amazing Seahawks later thrown in, and the amazing Falcons later being removed), BUT that he was IN a league with no chance to trully stack a team because of serious team cap restrictions, and was in an era wherein EVERY-one...down to the lowliest of practice squad players- JUST exceptional 24-7, 365 days a year, PURE athletic freaks...then even Montana's super quick release, pinpoint accuracy, and great pocket prescence, Would NOT be enough to save someone with Joe Montana's good- but in no way- EXCEPTIONAL, forms of athleticism, from being hospital-mangled after 1/2 of 1 game of play...sorry Joe.  Someone had to say it=Today these guys eat 1981-quality athletes as their pre-game snacks.  So sorry Joe...you've got too big of a blind spot towards the changes when weighed against your own physical makings when you were a player 20+ years ago.         

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrocktonMike. Show BrocktonMike's posts

In Response to Re: JOE MONTANA IMPLIES THAT BRADY ISN'T IN HIS LEAGUE:
    [QUOTE]Well, is Joe Montana wrong?  IMHO, no he isn't.  I believe under today's rules, he'd have done even better.  But, that's the problem with trying to determan who's the greatest of all time - hard to do over that much time given the changes the game has seenl.  This I do know - Joe was the best of his era.  Brady's the best of his.  Who's better?  Who cares - we got TB and I'll take that every day of the week, twice on Sundays, and three times on Super Bowl Sundays.  GO PATS!
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]

We also have to factor in that the defenses weren't as strong, big & fast as the men are today, nor the defensive schemes as complex.  Linemen block more passes, Joe wasn't the tallest QB of his time. 

Don't get me wrong, Joe is probably my number 3 or 4 favorite QB of all time, but he played in an area where you didn't have to worry about personnel change over as dramatic as they are today. 

To the guy who started this thread, Joe as been very complementary of both Eli & Tom this week.  One can always find a slight if they are looking for one.