John Abraham - interest?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

John Abraham - interest?

Did I miss a thread on him? Anyway - I just looked at his stats - guy has averaged 11 sacks and 4 forced fumbles a year the last three years including 10 and 6 last year! I know he is OLD at 34, but as a situational pass rusher his stats are not showing signs of fading. May only have one or two years left and I doubt there is much money being thrown his way.

I am not that high on bringing on aging vets and cutting young guys, but at the right price why not.  I think at this stage in their careers he would be better than Freeney, Carter, Seymour, etc.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: John Abraham - interest?

there was a thread a while back. As a situational pass rusher sure why not for the right price. If you are telling me he's going to cost Haynesworth or Ellis money no thanks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Proven passrushers don't come cheap.  There will be a market for him and he'll get paid, no doubt.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

Did I miss a thread on him? Anyway - I just looked at his stats - guy has averaged 11 sacks and 4 forced fumbles a year the last three years including 10 and 6 last year! I know he is OLD at 34, but as a situational pass rusher his stats are not showing signs of fading. May only have one or two years left and I doubt there is much money being thrown his way.

I am not that high on bringing on aging vets and cutting young guys, but at the right price why not.  I think at this stage in their careers he would be better than Freeney, Carter, Seymour, etc.

we need pas rushers period. yes we need to draft them but we should also bring one in 9a legit one)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

He's in the mix with Osi, Andre Carter and Freeney as far as older guys who could share some time with Nink at DE and if rested get to the QB

If we spend the bigger bucks on the secondary and add one of those guys and a DT in the draft (or FA) then with the blitz packages this team showed after getting Talib (who we should keep) i'll be the Pats will get to the QB once again

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Something to consider when looking at these older pass rushers that should be available, they all could potentially mentor and teach their tricks to Chandler. And that's not including that a few of them may actually be able to contribute.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

no

he is expensive

he doesn't play with nicks

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

no

he is expensive

he doesn't play with nicks

Well, Nicks plays for the Giants, so I guess he can't play there...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

Whats a 9a?

Duh! That's the frequency setting for passrushers. Don't you know anything?

11. This post has been removed.