John Abraham

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: John Abraham

boom

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

situational pass rusher I'll take him but he's not a 3 down DE anymore. Roation of him and Nink? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Pour a scotch ENG. 122 career sacks. 32 sacks last 3 years. only missed 2 games in last 7 seasons. We NEED a situational pass rushing PRO like big JOHN ABRAHAM. Lock him up for 2 years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Yes. Bring him in in obvious passing situations. This might be a decent signing, but honestly. I would rather have Matt shaughnessy

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/falcons-release-michael-turner-john-abraham-dunta-robinson-153904417--nfl.html

The release of Abraham comes as a bit of a surprise as the Falcons had an ineffective pass rush in 2012, producing just 29 sacks during the regular season. Abraham had 10 of those sacks and had six of the team's 15 forced fumbles. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LegendofBoston1988. Show LegendofBoston1988's posts

John Abraham is all but signed. He told a few people at the airport in Florida on his way to Logan that he was for sure signing with the Pats.  Will be a great addition.  Also don't be surprised to see Adrian Wilson sign also. Pats are starting to piece this together. Can't wait to see what direction they go in the draft.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Abraham or Osi? Both will probably come dirt cheap. I just feel Osi has less wear and tear on his body.

Abraham will be 35. 

Just my opinion. I see Abraham as more likely to bust like Shaun Ellis than Osi

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Pour a scotch ENG. 122 career sacks. 32 sacks last 3 years. only missed 2 games in last 7 seasons. We NEED a situational pass rushing PRO like big JOHN ABRAHAM. Lock him up for 2 years.

Oh I'll be happy to take him just want people to understand he's a situational guy at this point and that would be how to get the max out of him

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

situational pass rusher I'll take him but he's not a 3 down DE anymore. Roation of him and Nink? 

Dude, you have to calm down. BB is about to make a fool of you.

like he did last year when you said the same thing about those FA signings? I like Abraham a lot as a situational pass rusher but still waiting on secondary help too and no Wilson won't do it. Wilson lost his position in the nickel on a bad secondary by the end of the year. Not sure he has a lot left in the tank much like Springs

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I prefer Abraham to Osi - Osi seems like a head case and I think his production has tailed off significantly, whereas Abraham's numbers the last three years were as good as ever. Averaging 11 sacks/4 FF including 10 and 6 last year.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Coming from the owner and chief executive officer of the irrational club himself.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Rusty you were right about bb and his offseason plan if we sign Wilson ,Abraham and Sign Talib this will be our best defense in years

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Hey Nostradamus, You mean throws people off ledges. When you start talking, and stop calling people who actually contribute without the name calling let me know. 

Since you ate into predictions, do the pats win it all this year? and, does our defense finally start playing before December?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

Rusty you were right about bb and his offseason plan if we sign Wilson ,Abraham and Sign Talib this will be our best defense in years

That's not saying much. 

A lot rides on the development of our current players. Chandler Jones the most

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Throw in another CB and a talented interior DL and I'm happy. I'd like to see the CB come via free-agency... the DT might have to wait until the draft, although I like Alan Branch a lot.

Assuming Wilson and Abraham both sign contracts, we then need to re-sign Talib, get one of Grimes or Cason, bring in Alan Branch, and I'm a happy, happy man. That gives us a Super Bowl caliber defense. 

Then use the draft to add WR depth, and add talent and depth everywhere. Draft the BPA whenever possible.

This is getting exciting!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to dapats1281's comment:

That's not saying much. 

A lot rides on the development of our current players. Chandler Jones the most

Considering each Jones, Hightower and Dennard's quick jump into the lineup, I'd say the odds say a lot about their development.

BB asks a lot of his defensive players.   Not many rookies walk in here on D and look comfortable. If they do, BB has hit on the pick.

Wouldn't jump the gun. I'm hopeful, but it's not like they had better alternatives. 

McCourty digressed after starting his rookie year.

There is enough tape on these guys now. Time to see if they can readjust after teams adjust to them.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts