John Abraham

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: John Abraham

In response to dreighver's comment:

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

Rusty you were right about bb and his offseason plan if we sign Wilson ,Abraham and Sign Talib this will be our best defense in years

Throw in another CB and a talented interior DL and I'm happy. I'd like to see the CB come via free-agency... the DT might have to wait until the draft, although I like Alan Branch a lot.

Assuming Wilson and Abraham both sign contracts, we then need to re-sign Talib, get one of Grimes or Cason, bring in Alan Branch, and I'm a happy, happy man. That gives us a Super Bowl caliber defense. 

Then use the draft to add WR depth, and add talent and depth everywhere. Draft the BPA whenever possible.

This is getting exciting!

DT should come through the draft. Position is deep and there's no point in over spending for a FA. Only guy I would consider is Shaughnessy, and that's because he can play DE/DT. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Abraham would essentially take the place of Jermaine Cunningham.

Definite upgrade.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to LegendofBoston1988's comment:

John Abraham is all but signed. He told a few people at the airport in Florida on his way to Logan that he was for sure signing with the Pats.  Will be a great addition.  Also don't be surprised to see Adrian Wilson sign also. Pats are starting to piece this together. Can't wait to see what direction they go in the draft.

I would not be surprised and I would be absolutely THRILLED if we got Abraham and Wilson.  If we lock up Talib, our defense is SET.  People seem to forget how young our Defense is and they will only get better from here as they progress and work more together.

BTW, who told you about this airport conversation?  I'm not saying I don't believe you, but it would be nice to hear where you heard it from.  Welcome aboard brother.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

situational pass rusher I'll take him but he's not a 3 down DE anymore. Roation of him and Nink? 

Dude, you have to calm down. BB is about to make a fool of you.

hi rusty! how is albert haynesworth doing these days?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

situational pass rusher I'll take him but he's not a 3 down DE anymore. Roation of him and Nink? 

Now you're being silly. You're reasonable about 20% of the time... the other 80% you're a troll to a 'T'.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Now you're being silly. You're reasonable about 20% of the time... the other 80% you're a troll to a 'T'.

nobody deserves it more than queenie who is the only one i do this to ever...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Thank you. Every time these trolls think they have footing here, they continue to troll.

i already have footing here...hell i am practically a legend!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

If we can Abraham, A. Wilson, Talib, and maybe another WR/CB (depending on what $ is left), I will be satisfied with this FA. Then get a DT in the draft. 

Pieces seem to be finally coming together.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

If we can Abraham, A. Wilson, Talib, and maybe another WR/CB (depending on what $ is left), I will be satisfied with this FA. Then get a DT in the draft. 

Pieces seem to be finally coming together.

I agree

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

http://www.reddit.com/r/Patriots/comments/1abo2j/john_abraham_to_patriots/

Poster claiming on reddit that Abraham said it's a done deal pending physical

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

In response to APpats21's comment:

John Abraham | DE Previous Team: Atlanta Exp: 13 years Analysis: Abraham is set to visit the Patriotson Friday, per source apprised of his plans told NFL.com's Albert Breer on Thursday night.

Very nice. Come to papa.  BB coached him with the Jets as DC way back in 1999.

We all know that BB loves ex-Jets. Chris Baker anyone? Shawn Ellis?  Kyle Brady?

Roman Phifer, Anthony Pleasant, etc. SB rings in NE. LOL!

Enjoy!

Good point.  Once the stream of the Parcells ex-Jets ran out, ZERO superbowls.  What a bludgeoning you are taking.

LOL!

Hey, are the Jets signing anyone of note in FA or just looking at more QBs to cover for their embarrasing bust named Mark Sanchez?   The NFL world awaits to see who the Jets sign or as to who in their right mind would ever even want to go to the Jets at all. LMAO!

I hear Todd Marinovich is making a comeback.

Enjoy!

Yaaawn.  Like who? Leon Washington?  I thought he was a bust? Is he now 'unbusted'? Looks like your big dream of getting the great Matt Cassel back to then trade Mallet for the number 6 pick has dried up.  I just don't get it.  Cassell was so great in KC (the team on the rise from 2-14) becasue of all Pioli did to rebuild that team, why did they cut him... I mean aside from him being the only QB worse than Sanchez, why did they cut him?

u should have heard rusty praising cassel to the hilt and saying he was top 10 and better than all these other qbs early on in kc...because bellichick drafted him of course

now he'll deny doing so

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Asher77's comment:

Perfect!  Will surely help with the pass rush, especially on 3rd down.  Excellent.  Now, go out and get Adrian Wilson and resign Talib.  Try to resign Vollmer, if not, turn to Cannon and use that extra money on either Talib or Wilson.  DT and WR early in the draft and we will be SET!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Perfect!  Will surely help with the pass rush, especially on 3rd down.  Excellent.  Now, go out and get Adrian Wilson and resign Talib.  Try to resign Vollmer, if not, turn to Cannon and use that extra money on either Talib or Wilson.  DT and WR early in the draft and we will be SET!

Agree...this FA is looking up now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

John Abraham | DE Previous Team: Atlanta Exp: 13 years Analysis: Abraham is set to visit the Patriotson Friday, per source apprised of his plans told NFL.com's Albert Breer on Thursday night.

We all know that BB loves ex-Jets. Chris Baker anyone? Shawn Ellis?  Kyle Brady?

Enjoy!

Good point.  Once the stream of the Parcells ex-Jets ran out, ZERO superbowls.  What a bludgeoning you are taking.

LOL!

Hey, are the Jets signing anyone of note in FA or just looking at more QBs to cover for their embarrasing bust named Mark Sanchez?   The NFL world awaits to see who the Jets sign or as to who in their right mind would ever even want to go to the Jets at all. LMAO!

Enjoy!

Yaaawn.  Like who? Leon Washington?  I thought he was a bust? Is he now 'unbusted'? Looks like your big dream of getting the great Matt Cassel back to then trade Mallet for the number 6 pick has dried up.  I just don't get it.  Cassell was so great in KC (the team on the rise from 2-14) becasue of all Pioli did to rebuild that team, why did they cut him... I mean aside from him being the only QB worse than Sanchez, why did they cut him?

u should have heard rusty praising cassel to the hilt and saying he was top 10 and better than all these other qbs early on in kc...because bellichick drafted him of course

now he'll deny doing so

Aww how cute!  The two biggest trolls/losers on BDC teaming up to spam the board.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

AB, but we didn't sign the 'sexy' names on Day 1!  BB sucks and is wasting away Tom's years. Ugh.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Enjoy!

LOL!

Enjoy!

now he'll deny doing so

Aww how cute!  The two biggest trolls/losers on BDC teaming up to spam the board.  

well hi there Bulger! getting ready or st patrick's day?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Nickel corner is still a big need IMO

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

AB, but we didn't sign the 'sexy' names on Day 1!  BB sucks and is wasting away Tom's years. Ugh.

LOL. Ya, the whiners will hopefully start to calm down now. Honestly, this team doesn't need stars, just solid veterans (guys like Abraham and Wilson). Add a DT and WR in the draft and I will be very optimistic about this season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

LOL. Ya, the whiners will hopefully start to calm down now. Honestly, this team doesn't need stars, just solid veterans (guys like Abraham and Wilson). Add a DT and WR in the draft and I will be very optimistic about this season.

Exactly.  But I really don't think people understand the complexities of the game and how it's a game of inches.  I want a Super Bowl just as much as anybody but I also realize how tough it is to win one.  People act like losing in the AFC Championship or losing in the Super Bowl (Both of which were extremely close games and could have gone either way) are failed seasons.  We are in position every single year to win it all.  That's more than any fanbase can ask for.  Let's be grateful and not spoiled.