John Abraham

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: John Abraham

this team is going to be BETTER than it was last year

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

Abraham would essentially take the place of Jermaine Cunningham.

Definite upgrade.

But Cunningham is a young player with rooms to improve. Hate to see him cut because the Pats get an aging veteran who provides short term relief.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

Rusty you were right about bb and his offseason plan if we sign Wilson ,Abraham and Sign Talib this will be our best defense in years

Maybe on papers. Really have to see how much Abraham and Wilson have left in the tank.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

In response to LegendofBoston1988's comment:

John Abraham is all but signed. He told a few people at the airport in Florida on his way to Logan that he was for sure signing with the Pats.  Will be a great addition.  Also don't be surprised to see Adrian Wilson sign also. Pats are starting to piece this together. Can't wait to see what direction they go in the draft.

is there an actual source for this? i'll wait to get excited till then. curious why he went to niners and seattle and didnt get anything done...maybe asking for too much money? we know BB wont overpay. or maybe his offers are drying up now that seattle signed avril and niners signed someone (cant remember). hope he has something left in the tabk as a 3rd down rusher.

dont think he replaces cunnigham though. we still need an interior guy to push the pocket. probably the draft or maybe some future cap casualties. wasnt there talk about arizona dumping darnell dockett?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

this team is going to be BETTER than it was last year

Well thats the goal here.  But even if they sign one solid player on D they should be better then last year.  Add Adrian Wilson to the D and it gets even better!!  Still need to address Talib or his position on defense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to artielang's comment:

is there an actual source for this? i'll wait to get excited till then. curious why he went to niners and seattle and didnt get anything done...maybe asking for too much money? we know BB wont overpay. or maybe his offers are drying up now that seattle signed avril and niners signed someone (cant remember). hope he has something left in the tabk as a 3rd down rusher.

dont think he replaces cunnigham though. we still need an interior guy to push the pocket. probably the draft or maybe some future cap casualties. wasnt there talk about arizona dumping darnell dockett?

Solid points artie!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I like him, he's up there in years but has been consistent and never seems to get hurt. Abraham would be a solid addition and upgrade.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to LegendofBoston1988's comment:

John Abraham is all but signed. He told a few people at the airport in Florida on his way to Logan that he was for sure signing with the Pats.  Will be a great addition.  Also don't be surprised to see Adrian Wilson sign also. Pats are starting to piece this together. Can't wait to see what direction they go in the draft.

better be pas rush and big wrs (double up)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to Asher77's comment:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Patriots/comments/1abo2j/john_abraham_to_patriots/

Poster claiming on reddit that Abraham said it's a done deal pending physical

Perfect!  Will surely help with the pass rush, especially on 3rd down.  Excellent.  Now, go out and get Adrian Wilson and resign Talib.  Try to resign Vollmer, if not, turn to Cannon and use that extra money on either Talib or Wilson.  DT and WR early in the draft and we will be SET!

i'll take de carraidine and wrs

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

Rusty you were right about bb and his offseason plan if we sign Wilson ,Abraham and Sign Talib this will be our best defense in years

Throw in another CB and a talented interior DL and I'm happy. I'd like to see the CB come via free-agency... the DT might have to wait until the draft, although I like Alan Branch a lot.

Assuming Wilson and Abraham both sign contracts, we then need to re-sign Talib, get one of Grimes or Cason, bring in Alan Branch, and I'm a happy, happy man. That gives us a Super Bowl caliber defense. 

Then use the draft to add WR depth, and add talent and depth everywhere. Draft the BPA whenever possible.

This is getting exciting!

doesnt ssound bad, if you add carraidine (de pass rusher to draft, and get 2 big wrs in draft ie hopkins and rogers)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Abraham or Osi? Both will probably come dirt cheap. I just feel Osi has less wear and tear on his body.

Abraham will be 35. 

Just my opinion. I see Abraham as more likely to bust like Shaun Ellis than Osi

I too like Osi. That guy is talking like he has something to prove this year. He does have less wear and tear, but hIs injury history makes him a little more of a gamble. Go Pats!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

C'mon Pats, Sign Abraham please!  Time to load up on Defense! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Seems like a done deal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

that looks like a very reliable source. i cant believe NO nfl reporters havent picked up on that amazingly professional job of reporting. does that guy's girlfriend have info on Talib?

In response to apdynasty23's comment:

Seems like a done deal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from firstdegreeblackbelt. Show firstdegreeblackbelt's posts

In response to artielang's comment:

that looks like a very reliable source. i cant believe NO nfl reporters havent picked up on that amazingly professional job of reporting. does that guy's girlfriend have info on Talib?

In response to apdynasty23's comment:

report: pats sign abraham

Seems like a done deal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Conflicting reports on whether Abraham visited Dolphins

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 15, 2013, 11:59 AM EDT John AbrahamAP

We know that former Falcons defensive end John Abraham is visiting the Patriots today.

Now there are disputing reports as to where he was prior to heading to New England.

While the South Florida Sun-Sentinelreported this morning that Abraham had visited the Dolphins today before heading to the Northeast, Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post comes with the opposite word, that a source close to Abraham said he had not visited.

We’ll find out soon enough who’s right. But in cases like this, we’d advise folks to keep score, and remember who has a track record of accurate information, and go from there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Albert Breer       Albert Breer @AlbertBreer

To be clear, John Abraham landed in Boston last night, and is spending the day in Foxboro with the Patriots.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

John Abraham is Andre Carter.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

This is now officially official.  lol

Terms not known. An upgrade over Mark Anderson's role, IMO.

I am wondering if BB will move Chandler Jones to LDE now and Nink splits some snaps with Abraham on the right side?

Source?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

What source?

Sections
Shortcuts