John Abraham

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: John Abraham

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

What source?

98.5 said its being finalized. I didn't hear about anything official yet

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Seems like it's a done deal.  Now if they can only put the cherry on top and sign even Talib !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ian Rapoport       Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Abraham is still meeting with the #Patriots. Nothing imminent yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ian RapoportIan Rapoport @RapSheet

1. The only update I have on John Abraham is that his visit with the Patriots has concluded. We'll see whether it's escalated to an offer/deal

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I read this earlier, but I don't know of her and did not want to start a thread....

Christopher PriceChristopher Price @cpriceNFL

I know @_ErikaLeigh is reporting Pats have agreement w/ Abraham. Not questioning her source(s)--I just haven't heard anything myself yet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Erika Leigh       Erika Leigh ‏@_ErikaLeigh

Clarfied: Abraham agreement in principle, NOT signed yet. Meetings for the day have concluded.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Erika Leigh       Erika Leigh ‏@_ErikaLeigh

@sinow Musket Fire is reporting the Abraham signing: http://ow.ly/j0Okh 

http://musketfire.com/2013/03/15/new-england-patriots-welcome-de-john-abraham/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

If its true that he has signed, I hope it's for something very very reasonable. I've always liked Abraham, but he's going on 35...how much can he have left? I can remember him with the jets years ago - he would give Matt Light fits with his explosiveness would could only stop him when we gave him help, but I imagine that explosiveness is long gone now. I know he had good numbers last year, but I'm skeptical.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

If its true that he has signed, I hope it's for something very very reasonable. I've always liked Abraham, but he's going on 35...how much can he have left? I can remember him with the jets years ago - he would give Matt Light fits with his explosiveness would could only stop him when we gave him help, but I imagine that explosiveness is long gone now. I know he had good numbers last year, but I'm skeptical.

Bennett signed for 1 year 5 mil

Avril is at 7 a year for only 2 years

Abraham wasn't rated as highly as these guys by most "experts".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Go look at the rest of Atlanta's defensive line and then ask yourself how the hell he got 10 sacks.  In addition we won't ask him to play the majority of snaps like he did in Atlanta.  I think he has something left.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Definitely the better alternative to Freeney in my opinion. Stouter against the run, stronger, capable of using multiple pass-rush moves including a bull-rush.

Freeney, especially at this point in his career, was strictly a finesse, speed guy. Beyond 3rd and long, he holds little value. Abraham offers more.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Go look at the rest of Atlanta's defensive line and then ask yourself how the hell he got 10 sacks.  In addition we won't ask him to play the majority of snaps like he did in Atlanta.  I think he has something left.

Ok good to know.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mike Loyko         Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko

As of 1pm the #Patroits were still negotiating with DE John Abraham

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

This makes me laugh.......  

Jeff Darlington Jeff Darlington

Since we’re back to more conflicting reports about John Abraham and Miami, allow me to share my understanding of the situation. (Get ready.)

A player texted me to say Abraham was seen by a teammate in Dolphins’ facility on Tuesday night. He’s “100 percent” sure it was him. (con't)

Abraham’s camp told me he wasn’t there. I asked where he flew to Boston from. Answer? Ft. Lauderdale. He was “on vacation." Coincidence? No.

I went back to Dolphins sources to get clarification. They tell me he was supposed to come for a pre-FA visit but he “missed his flight.”

So how did he still end up in South Florida? Dolphins moved in a different direction after he missed the flight, source said. However...

Abraham, according to sources, still decided to book a flight to South Florida anyway on his own dime to try to rekindle interest. Really.

So did Abraham show up at Dolphins facility uninvited? Dolphins sources say they don’t believe he did -- while maintaining they didn’t meet.

Point in all of this? I have no freakin’ clue. Just passing along the info that was told to me by several. As weird to me as it is to you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Erika Leigh         Erika Leigh @_ErikaLeigh

My most recent understanding is that John Abraham and Dwight Freeney are both still in Foxborough. Sanders left last night.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Bunch of craziness. Just get him locked up in New England, sign Sanders to an offer sheet, add a talented DT next to Wilfork, and add a CB on the cheap for depth.

Most complete team since '07.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

WEEI is saying Abrham and Freeny left w/o a deal and the Pats are releasing Brandon Loyd.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Bunch of craziness. Just get him locked up in New England, sign Sanders to an offer sheet, add a talented DT next to Wilfork, and add a CB on the cheap for depth.

Most complete team since '07.

agreed cept last part. still draft top pass rsuher adn big wr in draft. carradine, hopkins/rogers

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

WEEI is saying Abrham and Freeny left w/o a deal and the Pats are releasing Brandon Loyd.

Who knows what the hell is going on... But if that's true, that needs to change ASAP. Get Abraham locked down now!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Who knows what the hell is going on... But if that's true, that needs to change ASAP. Get Abraham locked down now!

sounds like baram is shopping pats offer to other teams to try to get top $

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Cutting Loyd gives them $4.9 million more in cap space.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Cutting Loyd gives them $4.9 million more in cap space.  

2 mil after hit

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Evan Silva         Evan Silva @evansilva 1h

NFL Network's Michelle Beisner also indicated #Broncos have lost interest in free agent John Abraham. "The interest is not what it was."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

Evan Silva         Evan Silva @evansilva 1h

NFL Network's Michelle Beisner also indicated #Broncos have lost interest in free agent John Abraham. "The interest is not what it was."

they will sign with Freeney

Sections
Shortcuts