John Cena, a diehard Patriots fan, named Jets' honorary captain

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

John Cena, a diehard Patriots fan, named Jets' honorary captain

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000079913/article/patriots-fan-john-cena-named-jets-honorary-captain?module=HP11_headline_stack

It's not everyday that a pro wrestler gets the chance to be the New York Jets' honorary captain for a game. Even stranger, it's not everyday that a longtime New England Patriots fan gets the honor.

But who's to argue with WWE superstar John Cena?

The Massachussets native and Patriots fan will be in charge of leading the J-E-T-S chant during Sunday's game against the Indianapolis Colts. The WWE confirmed Cena's temporary captainship on Twitter, and the move comes months before the WWE's Super Bowl -- Wrestlemania -- is scheduled to take place at MetLife Stadium.

But is this just further promotion for a guy who's seen plenty of face time on Subway commercials or are the Jets looking for a little of the Patriots' success to rub off on them? After all, the Patriots are among the early Super Bowl favorites at 3-2 while the Jets are an injury-riddled 2-3.

Whatever the Jets' motivation, it'll be interesting to see how the New York faithful respond to Cena's one-day diagnosis of Gang Green -- thankfully, it's not cold enough for a New Jersey snowball storm on Sunday.

-------------------

Keeping my fingers crossed we will see this happen before the kickoff!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: John Cena, a diehard Patriots fan, named Jets' honorary captain

hahahaha, awesome picture.

Total PR move. Jets gain nothing while Cena and the WWFE gain everything.

Another brilliant move by the J-E-T-S DUMB @SS JETS!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Some people will do anything for money... He should have his Patriot card revoked.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some people will do anything for money... He should have his Patriot card revoked.

[/QUOTE]

This is not a Cena move. WWE is headquartered in Stamford, CT. Jets play at home today, same place as their big event.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Dishonor to our Alma mater...Springfield College!  lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

He could always say no.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am going to wait till he does the act before condemning him, he could accept the job and then give a pats  chant!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I would ask why? but they are the Jests so I'm not gonna bother. I hope he hits Ryan over the head with a folding chair

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is not a Cena move. WWE is headquartered in Stamford, CT. Jets play at home today, same place as their big event.

[/QUOTE]

Then Jets' fans can't be happy about it, either.  Cena can say no and not have to worry about his financial future.  He makes more from movies than from cable. 

So we'd be okay with a lifetime Jets fan leading a Pats chant in Gillette? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

If the Jets are so hungry for attention that they need to bring a phony like Cena from the WWE or what ever phony organization he work for from a totally rigged sport let them have him. I could really care less!! 

While they are at it they can bring back the pathetic Joe Namath at halftime to say Hi to the locals. 

ugly people funny

Above: Joe before his sitz bath !!

Hetch

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

It would be cool if he did J E T S  J E T S J E T S and follow it up with s u c k s u c k  s u c k!!!! Rips off his yets shirt in wrestling fashion exposing  a Pats uni  underneath. Gets a hold of Tebow does the F U bomb on him and points to his Pats uni as his music starts playing (coolest intro music in wraslin)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

He could say 'no'?

I mean, I guess he could...but people who have said 'no' to Vince McMahon in the past have effectively ended their wrestling careers.

P i s s off the guy who pays him millions, or possibly aggravate a small minority of Pats fans.

Hmmmmm...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Is he really a pat's fan? I know he's from Amesbury, but maybe he's not a fan? If he is a fan this is a disgrace. You don't do that - not for a team like the Jets - the guy has enough pull to say no.

I mean it's not as bad as Steve Deossie  acting like a drunk Giant's cheerleader after the Super Bowl - now that was maybe the worst thing I've ever seen. I don't care that he was drunk, or played for, or his kid plays there...he gets paid to talk Patriot football and he has made a living off of New Eglanders (his restaurant, commercials, radio gig, tv gig) and he slapped the entire region right in the mouth...and he still has his radio gig on weei. This guy didn't just get up and say kind words about the Giants and his son, he slamed the patriots and their fans. It was ridicolous and he's still here!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Sh!t id root for the jets for a boat load of cash. And as soon as my obligation ends id go back to watching and rooting for a real team. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

He's a "professional"wrestler,which means he's also an actor.If he wants to act like a Jets fan and take money away from those rubes,I say "Go for it".

Maybe he can give Tebow an "Attitude Adjustment".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Sometimes you have to do what the boss tells you to do

I assume this is all Mr McMahon's idea

They couldnt have used Randy Orton instead though, huh?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

Sometimes you have to do what the boss tells you to do

I assume this is all Mr McMahon's idea

They couldnt have used Randy Orton instead though, huh?

My thoughts exactly.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Maybe they're doing it so Rex can use Cena's signature line when reporters ask him "Will we be seeing you in the postseason?".Rex will answer "You'll see the Pats,Texans and Ravens,but "You can't see me""