John Harbaugh is an idiot?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Re: John Harbaugh is an idiot?

I Read All of Post#1 so far (something I never do, but I'll read the rest later).  Not sure if someone addressed this point yet...

Wasn't Harbaugh solely talking about "SpyGate" and "BountyGate" in terms of public opinions which are derived from and once these situations inevitably come to the surface for all eyes to see.  Seemed like he was sorta centering the greater sentiments of the ideas he was forwarding on this radio broadcast, less towards the absolute guilt or non-guilt of these 2 actual instances that he was questioned with...  Appears to be FAR more directional guided towards "Cheating IN General" AND especially: The impulsive, non-thorough, reactionary, immediate, and half-educated Public Judgement which gets formed in Both an Immediate and Absolute and Final Fashion, once ANY-thing like this gets thrown into the public meat-grinder... 

He's infering the sad notion, Guilt or non-Guilt, about how Absolutely finalized and stamped and set into stone that greater Judgement-Label (here: "cheating") gets branded into your deeds in such a completely set way during the near time when the issue is in the foreground for The Masses, THAT- No matter what you do, say, or any new info, or more informed which might come to the light of day, At ANY moment after the close firestorm of the ordeal in question, IS- Absolutely meaningless...far too weak to EVER "un-do" the perception already formed about what trully transpired in the event.

Here- Semantics 101 (from Yahoo article):

"To put a fine point on it, Harbaugh said that New England's Super Bowl titles do have asterisks, not that they should. Seems like a small semantic difference, but it isn't. We can't have it both ways. We can't clobber coaches and players for giving generic boilerplate answers, only to clobber them harder when they say what's really on their minds."

Good "Catch"- Totally !d!ot!c thing to take away and conclude however...

Harbaugh is NOT personally granting that "I believe The New England Patriots ARE cheaters" ("cheated," or whatever).  They DO have titles...1st person judgement removed (especially, and even moreso upon seeing the surrounding statement).  Far worse, and a clear insinuation of his opinion on matters- "They should have asteriks."

Does NE's Superbowls have asteriks?  No.  You know that...Harbaugh probably follows the game of pro football somewhat closely at least- So HE knows that.  They don't...and they won't.  Public Perception's Ill and Absolute Conclusion is formed haphazardly and speciously because when it's a massive scandal in something they know on a big stage and/or like or dislike personally, The Final OpinionatedJudgement of The Masses are REAL quick...and they can NEVER be fully undone.  And this happened with the SpyGate Witchhunt and The BountyGate what-ever (Goodell buried that pretty good- 1 bad guy's neccesary...2 bad guys start reflecting on the greater NFL as a whole unit- NO-body in league offices want that)...

Harbaugh was making THIS overall point I'm pretty certain (i.e. Absolute & Final Public Label of="CHEATER"...and the unfortunate *asterik sentiment that's forwarded to your accomplishments, beit deserved or not at all).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

In response to "Re: John Harbaugh is an idiot?":
    In Response to Re: John Harbaugh is an idiot? : Harbaugh has not won a ring Posted by CaptainZdeno33
    Thanks Capt. I was giving him more credit than he deserved. I forgot Billick (sp)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In Response to Re: John Harbaugh is an idiot?:
    I Read All of Post#1 so far (something I never do, but I'll read the rest later).  Not sure if someone addressed this point yet... Wasn't Harbaugh solely talking about "SpyGate" and "BountyGate" in terms of public opinions which are derived from and once these situations inevitably come to the surface for all eyes to see.  Seemed like he was sorta centering the greater sentiments of the ideas he was forwarding on this radio broadcast, less towards the absolute guilt or non-guilt of these 2 actual instances that he was questioned with...  Appears to be FAR more directional guided towards "Cheating IN General" AND especially: The impulsive, non-thorough, reactionary, immediate, and half-educated Public Judgement which gets formed in Both an Immediate and Absolute and Final Fashion, once ANY-thing like this gets thrown into the public meat-grinder...  He's infering the sad notion, Guilt or non-Guilt, about how Absolutely finalized and stamped and set into stone that greater Judgement-Label (here: "cheating") gets branded into your deeds in such a completely set way during the near time when the issue is in the foreground for The Masses, THAT- No matter what you do, say, or any new info, or more informed which might come to the light of day, At ANY moment after the close firestorm of the ordeal in question, IS- Absolutely meaningless...far too weak to EVER "un-do" the perception already formed about what trully transpired in the event. Here- Semantics 101 (from Yahoo article): "To put a fine point on it, Harbaugh said that New England's Super Bowl titles do have asterisks, not that they should . Seems like a small semantic difference, but it isn't. We can't have it both ways. We can't clobber coaches and players for giving generic boilerplate answers, only to clobber them harder when they say what's really on their minds." Good "Catch"- Totally !d!ot!c thing to take away and conclude however... Harbaugh is NOT personally granting that "I believe The New England Patriots ARE cheaters" ("cheated," or whatever).  They DO have titles...1st person judgement removed (especially, and even moreso upon seeing the surrounding statement).  Far worse, and a clear insinuation of his opinion on matters- "They should have asteriks." Does NE's Superbowls have asteriks?  No.  You know that...Harbaugh probably follows the game of pro football somewhat closely at least- So HE knows that.  They don't...and they won't.  Public Perception's Ill and Absolute Conclusion is formed haphazardly and speciously because when it's a massive scandal in something they know on a big stage and/or like or dislike personally, The Final OpinionatedJudgement of The Masses are REAL quick...and they can NEVER be fully undone.  And this happened with the SpyGate Witchhunt and The BountyGate what-ever (Goodell buried that pretty good- 1 bad guy's neccesary...2 bad guys start reflecting on the greater NFL as a whole unit- NO-body in league offices want that)... Harbaugh was making THIS overall point I'm pretty certain (i.e. Absolute & Final Public Label of="CHEATER"...and the unfortunate *asterik sentiment that's forwarded to your accomplishments, beit deserved or not at all).
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

I said the same thing.......just in english.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

How on earth does an 8th grader get to coach in the NFL?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Harbaugh maybe would have had the AFC Championship if he had called a timeout and settled his kicker down, but unfortunately he rushed the guy onto the field, the guy improvised in the few seconds he had, and the kicker's guess as to positioning wasn't too good.  Oops.  So in the end it's partly Harbaugh's personal fault that the Ravens lost. 

Now lots of ruminations run through his mind and sometimes they come out in public.  "Cheaters!  We hates it forever!" -- Gollum, in "The Hobbit".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Same old story: The Colts couldn't get by New England, so the Patriots were "cheating" and the rules had to be "emphasized." Baltimore can't get by the Patriots and it's The Fox and the Grapes all over again. Comes with the territory. Those who cannot defeat you must take their solace in belittling your achievments. Harbaugh may or may not be an idiot -- I don't really care -- but he certainly makes me chuckle quietly to myself.
    Posted by p-mike

Can't blame Tedy for losing it over Harbaugh's dumb remarks. As Tedy stated, when "fans" and the media say something...you laugh it off. But, when a guy like Harbaugh, who really knows better, makes such assertions, he needs to be put in his place.

Way to go, Tedy!! Now retired, but still full tilt...full time!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

He already had to fall on the sword and backtrack on his comments and call Belichick and apologize as well. I would  have more respect for him if he stuck to his guns, with the apologizing as well he comes off as a sackless whiner 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

He already had to fall on the sword and backtrack on his comments and call Belichick and apologize as well. I would  have more respect for him if he stuck to his guns, with the apologizing as well he comes off as a sackless whiner 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Amen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

In response to "Re: John Harbaugh is an idiot?":
    In Response to Re: John Harbaugh is an idiot? : Thank you for showing everyone how to take something out of context.  You pull one line out of a 50 line Q&A to make it look like what you want.  Now go back and put in the other 49 lines about how the topic was cheating and the saints and Harbarugh went on to use Spygate as an example that something that has nothing to do with you winning SB's can "taint" it. Oh and of course there was nothing about PERCEPTION in that qoute because the WHOLE conversation was about the public's perception of a team when something like bountygate comes up.  THE WHOLE COVERSTAION WAS ABOUT PERCEPTION.  BY JUST TAKING OUT THAT ONE LINE WITHOUT PUTTING IT IN THAT CONTEXT IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF TAKING SOMETHING OUT OF CONTEXT. CONGRATS!!! Posted by Patsman3
    You obviously don't know what "out of context" means, he has given a complete and entire thought in the quote I posted. nothing "out of context". In addition, you fail to even support your accusation with anything he actually said, you just allude to it, further deteriorating your weak claim. Please show something that he said in completen context that obviously conflicts with my quote. You won't because you can't. At best, you'll find some after the fact backpedalling and explanation, further enforcing the fact that it was not out of context. The guy screwed up, period. good, he'll pay for it in late September.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from neali9. Show neali9's posts

In response to "Re: John Harbaugh is an idiot?": You obviously don't know what "out of context" means, he has given a complete and entire thought in the quote I posted. nothing "out of context". In addition, you fail to even support your accusation with anything he actually said, you just allude to it, further deteriorating your weak claim. Please show something that he said in completen context that obviously conflicts with my quote. You won't because you can't. At best, you'll find some after the fact backpedalling and explanation, further enforcing the fact that it was not out of context. The guy screwed up, period. good, he'll pay for it in late September.
    Posted by pauldeba

Because of the Harbaugh remarks, Mike Fatcessa was talking all day of the Pats taping the Rams super bowl walk through, so let's not dismiss this as an off the cuff remark. Said there was hard evidence that the Pats did so, but failed to name his source. I think he is trying to get back in the Jet's fans good graces who hate him to a man.

As for Manvulva, he seemed sincere. But I never want to see him again and he has to call in advance if he wants to see our mother. He is dead to me.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

I've been saying it for years, this whole incident (Spygate) has been so over-blown, it's ridiculous to even bring it up. These teams scout each other 24/7. they know all the plays, all their tendencies, all their formations, heck they even know which guys have tattoo's on their butts (just kidding there)  Take basketball for instance, most teams only have a handful of plays. The point-guard even calls the play as he's bringing the ball up the court. The defense knows whats coming, yet so many times they fail to stop it... It all comes down to execution, plain & simple. The Patriots just happened to execute a lot better than everyone else during their Super Bowl Years. The bottom line is no one wants to give anybody any credit any more. It's so much easier to blame the refs, blame the NFL Commissioner, say the other team was just lucky, anything other than admit that your team just got beat!                                                                                             

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

I don't know if Harbaugh wanted to malign the Pats' championships or whether it was an unintentional reference. The bottom line is that if you are a coach of an NFL team, talk about your team. Learn to keep your mouth shut when it comes to talking about other teams. That's what BB does, day in and day out. You will never hear him say anything but positive things about every other team. I will say one thing, though. Harbaugh has unintentionally made the Spygate commentary sound like sour grapes from losing teams. I think people will be a lot more careful saying anything about Spygate in the future.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Harbaugh is just pissed the Pats beat the Ravens last year in the playoffs........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In response to "Re: John Harbaugh is an idiot?": You obviously don't know what "out of context" means, he has given a complete and entire thought in the quote I posted. nothing "out of context". In addition, you fail to even support your accusation with anything he actually said, you just allude to it, further deteriorating your weak claim. Please show something that he said in completen context that obviously conflicts with my quote. You won't because you can't. At best, you'll find some after the fact backpedalling and explanation, further enforcing the fact that it was not out of context. The guy screwed up, period. good, he'll pay for it in late September.
    Posted by pauldeba

You have no clue.  The full interview is all over the place at this point so no I am not going hand feed it to you.  If you haven't even read it already and are basing your argument on the ONE quote then you are just proving my point.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Get ready for it Patriot fans---Sept 23 at Baltimore Sunday nite football- this will be played over and over and over. Every sound bite the media can drag out will be discussed. The networks have to be peeing their pants thinking about the story lines for this game.  I hope they harass Harbaugh and his players about comments that have been made about the Patriots.  This is the game the Patriots have to win!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Harbaugh can't put that genie back in the bottle.  Even if his restatement appropriately clarified his original statement, even as restated, he's right. 

Even if no advantage was realized (only those on the inside will ever know), the continuous institutional impropriety is enough to cause people to question. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Harbaugh can't put that genie back in the bottle.  Even if his restatement appropriately clarified his original statement, even as restated, he's right.  Even if no advantage was realized (only those on the inside will ever know), the continuous institutional impropriety is enough to cause people to question. 
    Posted by UD6

You excited about your team doggy doooooo?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: John Harbaugh is an idiot? : You excited about your team doggy doooooo?
    Posted by NEGAME2

I am kind of excited.  Everyone says they are going to be terrible.  I suppose that could be correct.  Somehow, however, I am think they are going to be better than anticipated.  Maybe I am just being blind. 

I suppose the biggest issue they have, other than a rookie QB, rookie TE's, questions at RB, is that they want to shift from a 4-3 to a 3-4 without personnel that is specific to that scheme.  I guess that is a big deal, but I tend to think that football players are football players. 

As long as Mathis and Freeney can learn their positions, then I think they've got 3 of their 4 LB's set with Mathis Freeney and Angerer.  They drafted a guy to play Nose and their current tackles may workout well at DE's.  They do need more in the secondary, which has been an issue for years, but they have Bethea and Powers. 

I don't know maybe my confidence is actually just wishful thinking.  Regardless, I am looking forward to the regime change.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: John Harbaugh is an idiot? : You excited about your team doggy doooooo?
    Posted by NEGAME2

Which team are you referring to?? The Denver Peytons, or the Indianapolis Colts? LOL!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I've been saying it for years, this whole incident (Spygate) has been so over-blown, it's ridiculous to even bring it up. These teams scout each other 24/7. they know all the plays, all their tendencies, all their formations, heck they even know which guys have tattoo's on their butts (just kidding there)  Take basketball for instance, most teams only have a handful of plays. The point-guard even calls the play as he's bringing the ball up the court. The defense knows whats coming, yet so many times they fail to stop it... It all comes down to execution, plain & simple. The Patriots just happened to execute a lot better than everyone else during their Super Bowl Years. The bottom line is no one wants to give anybody any credit any more. It's so much easier to blame the refs, blame the NFL Commissioner, say the other team was just lucky, anything other than admit that your team just got beat!                                                                                             
    Posted by Steelcurtain75

Now HERE'S a sensible response. Even better coming from a fan of a team other than NE, and slihtly more given a Steelers fan!

You are right. It's so hard for fans to admit they got beat. It happens, thats what makes winning so much sweeter!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from clappy. Show clappy's posts

I wouldn't say there's a stain on the trophies, but probably a fly speck or two.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In Response to Re: John Harbaugh is an idiot? :      Which team are you referring to?? The Denver Peytons, or the Indianapolis Colts? LOL!!!
    Posted by TexasPat3

Hey TP who s TexasPat--with about 600 posts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

"You have no clue. The full interview is all over the place at this point so no I am not going hand feed it to you."

Maybe not, but at least I know what "out of context" means and you don't, and that was your accusation.  Did he contradict this statement in the rest of his interview? perhaps, I don't care, I see a complete statement, he made it and you pretended I quoted him "out of context", which I didn't do.  If he can't keep his thoughts straight and says something, perhaps something he really didn't mean, that's not my problem.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

"You have no clue. The full interview is all over the place at this point so no I am not going hand feed it to you." Maybe not, but at least I know what "out of context" means and you don't, and that was your accusation.  Did he contradict this statement in the rest of his interview? perhaps, I don't care, I see a complete statement, he made it and you pretended I quoted him "out of context", which I didn't do.  If he can't keep his thoughts straight and says something, perhaps something he really didn't mean, that's not my problem.
    Posted by pauldeba

LOL you are funny.  "I see a complete statment."  Yes you do, but what CONTEXT was that statement made in???  Oh wait, you have no clue.  You don't care what the question was, what they had been talking about for 5 mins, you just care about 10 words you pulled out of the whole interview....Yea you know what out of context is alright....

Sections
Shortcuts