John Harbaugh is an idiot?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: John Harbaugh is an idiot?

Yeah I didn't read the quote, I literally woke up had my a sip of coffee and the 1st thing that came on the screen was Tedy on espn talking with conviction about how proud he is of his rings and the amount of work the team put in to earn those rings. He also said he is surprised by Harbaugh but he was clearly upset. Did Harbaugh really call to clarify?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

http://wbal.com/article/89397/3/template-story/Harbaugh-Explains-Patriots-Stained-Championship-Comments

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In Response to Re: John Harbaugh is an idiot?:
    Yeah I didn't read the quote, I literally woke up had my a sip of coffee and the 1st thing that came on the screen was Tedy on espn talking with conviction about how proud he is of his rings and the amount of work the team put in to earn those rings. He also said he is surprised by Harbaugh but he was clearly upset. Did Harbaugh really call to clarify?
    Posted by TrueChamp

You would think Tedy would know better.  I can't believe if he had read the quote or heard the interview he would have thought harbaugh was saying they were tainted. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Face it: they have to win a minimum of two more titles with BB and Brady in tow, preferably back-to-back titles, and then MAYBE the ignorant morons in the media (and ex-players, and Patriots-hating fans of other teams everywhere) who continue to try to turn that misdemeanor, COMMON rules violation into the "title-tainting" scandal of the new millenium will finally admit that--especially in 2003 and 2004--the Pats were the BEST TEAM IN THE NFL when they won most of those championships (2001 was a lucky year for them), and that's why they won them. I mean, a 34-4 record over those last two championship seasons doesn't lie.

GRRR...if Samuel catches that INT and Welker catches that pass 4 years later, the topic is already dead and buried.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Harbaugh issued a statement saying he answered a question and his answer was taken out of context. The question had nothing to do with the Pats or the saints championships. It's another phony controversy created by the media.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Harbaugh regretted it quickly.

“The original tweet indicated I pointed the finger at Bill Belichick and mentioned Bill’s name. I did not. I have so much respect for Coach Belichick and the job he does and has accomplished in his Hall of Fame career. I called him to remind him of my respect for him. I also reached out to Tedy Bruschi, who rightfully defended those Patriot players and coaches on ESPN, to tell him that I agree with him that the Patriots earned every victory.”

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Harbaugh regretted it quickly. “The original tweet indicated I pointed the finger at Bill Belichick and mentioned Bill’s name. I did not. I have so much respect for Coach Belichick and the job he does and has accomplished in his Hall of Fame career. I called him to remind him of my respect for him. I also reached out to Tedy Bruschi, who rightfully defended those Patriot players and coaches on ESPN, to tell him that I agree with him that the Patriots earned every victory.”
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats

So who was the dirtbag that started the whole thing?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Glad he resonded so quickly. Thanks for he link, they should smack the source upside the head for trying to stir the pot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Yeah, well BB is rubber and Harbaugh is glue, and soooo.... take that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Harbaugh has now tried to back-peddle off his earlier comments. What an  ignorant, gutless jerk. Just another reason to hate the Buzzards: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/01/john-harbaugh-patriots-earned-those-championships/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Harbaugh is a gutless liar, just trying to back-peddle away from his real feelings. What a jerk. He's lucky Tedy didn't clothes-line him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I can't believe people are bashing Harbaugh for this. What he said is completely 100% correct. He was being asked about cheating, and he said it's never worth it, because if any tiny little thing gets into the wind it becomes a huge deal...and that's obviously true. The Pats went out and won 3 super bowls...but they'll also always be remembered for spygate, even though the entire league including the team that made mention of it does the same thing. The Saints won a super bowl, but they'll always also be remembered for this scandal, and it does put a slight tarnish on the rings. I hate to say it, but it's true, regardless of the fact that those issues had nothing to do with the wins. That's the answer I would expect, and hope for, from every single coach out there.

Teddy went on the defensive way too quickly on this one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Harbaugh has now tried to back-peddle off his earlier comments. What an  ignorant, gutless jerk. Just another reason to hate the Buzzards: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/01/john-harbaugh-patriots-earned-those-championships/
    Posted by TexasPat3

Looking for a pot stirrer here you go.  He doesn't have to back peddle off anything.  Read the actual original quote.  Some people just love to stir up trouble.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

What he said is completely 100% correct.

He said they have an asterisk next to them.  They don't, so it's BS what he said not exactly "100% True".  On top of it, there is ZERO evidence that the Patriots stole signals in the Super Bowl or during any games in the 3 Super Bowl seasons.  So, that is also "not 100% True".

In another news, rumors are swirling that Belichick has video recording of the Ravens field goal kicker missing a chip shot field goal at the end of the AFC Championship game.  I hope Goodell doens't find out about it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In Response to Re: John Harbaugh is an idiot? : He said they have an asterisk next to them.  They don't, so it's BS what he said not exactly "100% True".  On top of it, there is ZERO evidence that the Patriots stole signals in the Super Bowl or during any games in the 3 Super Bowl seasons.  So, that is also "not 100% True". In another news, rumors are swirling that Belichick has video recording of the Ravens field goal kicker missing a chip shot field goal at the end of the AFC Championship game.  I hope Goodell doens't find out about it.
    Posted by pauldeba

He said the PERCEPTION (the public's NOT HIS) was they have an asterisk or that the championships have been "tainted".  He didnt say they had or should have one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Just glad this came along for a distraction to TP over TW

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to "Re: John Harbaugh is an idiot?":
    In Response to Re: John Harbaugh is an idiot? : He said the PERCEPTION (the public's NOT HIS) was they have an asterisk or that the championships have been "tainted".  He didnt say they had or should have one. Posted by Patsman3
    No that is what he said in his retraction. What he said was, the have asteriks next to them now. He should have chosen his words more carefully.....or maybe he did???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

In Response to Re: John Harbaugh is an idiot? : He said the PERCEPTION (the public's NOT HIS) was they have an asterisk or that the championships have been "tainted".  He didnt say they had or should have one.
    Posted by Patsman3

WRONG:
    "Even the thing in New England -- no matter whether those things had any impact on whether they won any of their championships or not, they've got asterisks now. "

nothing about "perception in there" He said "they've got".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

I can see why people took his comments the way they did.
    First off, he was asked about the Saints scandal and immediately eluded to spygate.  Why?  He wasn't asked about it and there was no reason to bring it up.
    Secondly he used the words, cheating, asterisk and SB's in the same sentence while referring to spygate.  There was no mention of perception of wrong doing, just that it happened.
    Apparently he agrees with the so-called perception as there was really no reason to interject the Pats into the Saints business.  They had nothing to do with it.
    He just should have stayed with what he was asked.
    I didn't hear what Bru said, but can't blame him for going off.  In his eyes, he was attacked and probably very sick of someone re-hashing and interjecting into a conversation something that happened 5 years ago, when not even asked about it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Seriously guys I can't believe you let the media (especially boston.com) play you like this.  Below is the qoute: "The funny thing about that is, is that in the end everything is brought before the light of day when it's all said and done. [Host: the truth always rises] It does! So what happens is, even the thing in New England and the thing ... No matter whether those things had any impact on whether they won their championships or not, they got asterisks now. It's been stained. So to me it's never worth it. He is clearly talking about the fact that just the story being out there causing the public to but question it and put a stain on it.  In no way does he say they are stained.  He even says "whether it had an impact OR NOT". And he is actually right because there are plently out there in the public that do feel the SB's are tainted.
    Posted by Patsman3

This is an astute comment Patsman3.  If you read what he said, his intention wasn't really to question the Pats--he was just explaining (in response to a question about bending the rules) how if you do it, everything you do will be perceived (he should have used that word) as tainted, regardless of whether it had any effect on the outcome.  His phrasing was infelicitous, but those things happen in a live interview at times.  I just don't think it's a big deal.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In Response to Re: John Harbaugh is an idiot? : WRONG: "Even the thing in New England -- no matter whether those things had any impact on whether they won any of their championships or not, they've got asterisks now. " nothing about "perception in there" He said "they've got".
    Posted by pauldeba

Thank you for showing everyone how to take something out of context.  You pull one line out of a 50 line Q&A to make it look like what you want. 

Now go back and put in the other 49 lines about how the topic was cheating and the saints and Harbarugh went on to use Spygate as an example that something that has nothing to do with you winning SB's can "taint" it.

Oh and of course there was nothing about PERCEPTION in that qoute because the WHOLE conversation was about the public's perception of a team when something like bountygate comes up. 

THE WHOLE COVERSTAION WAS ABOUT PERCEPTION.  BY JUST TAKING OUT THAT ONE LINE WITHOUT PUTTING IT IN THAT CONTEXT IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF TAKING SOMETHING OUT OF CONTEXT.

CONGRATS!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

didn't both the Harbarugh brothers choke their way out of this years playoffs

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

didn't both the Harbarugh brothers choke their way out of this years playoffs
    Posted by BostonBruinss

LOL yes it was the coaches fault that Evans didn't hold onto that ball in endzone....So I guess it was BB's fault Wes didn't catch that pass in the SB.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Just lost alot of respect for him bringing that up, especially after there were more teams doing the same thing.

The only guy that counts to me with any absolution is Cowher. He stated is was BS

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Seriously guys I can't believe you let the media (especially boston.com) play you like this.  Below is the qoute: "The funny thing about that is, is that in the end everything is brought before the light of day when it's all said and done. [Host: the truth always rises] It does! So what happens is, even the thing in New England and the thing ... No matter whether those things had any impact on whether they won their championships or not, they got asterisks now. It's been stained. So to me it's never worth it. He is clearly talking about the fact that just the story being out there causing the public to but question it and put a stain on it.  In no way does he say they are stained.  He even says "whether it had an impact OR NOT". And he is actually right because there are plently out there in the public that do feel the SB's are tainted.
    Posted by Patsman3

I was thinking the EXACT same thing.  A lot of people were being played like a fiddle by the media.  What he actually said was hardly earth shattering and spot on.  Right, wrong, or indifferent, there ARE people who view our championships with an asterix.  Harbaugh's observations are spot on.  It's just not worth it.

Typical media spin.  OK, enough of being level-headed.  Harbaugh S#$%s!

Sections
Shortcuts