Jon Beason...COME ON DOOOOWN!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Jon Beason...COME ON DOOOOWN!

I liked him coming out of college. Painfully, that draft went Bowe, Meriweather, Beason. One pick either way, and the Pats team is much better over the past 7 seasons. Anyway...

Through all the injuries last year, one thing was GLARING to me...there was simply no backup to Mayo. None what-so-ever.

Beason lost most of 2011 and 2012 to injury playing in 5 games total. He lost the MLB job to Keuchly in 2012, and lost the WLB to Chase Blackburn last year, then got dealt. All this after becoming the highest paid MLB in the NFL in 2011 before blowing his achilles.

He's only 29, and he is representing himself.

Now, that last part is interesting. The league has this no tampering rule...except for this coming weekend, where agents of pending FAs can talk to other teams. Beason, being his OWN agent, can not do this. He has to sit on his hands until FA officially begins.

RIght now the Pats have Mayo, Hightower, Collins, Ninkovich as their primary LBs. Beason would be a very nice addition to that mix who could play at least the MLB and WLB, if not also the SLB.

Depending on the cost, he's a guy who I think would do very well on this team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Jon Beason...COME ON DOOOOWN!

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I liked him coming out of college. Painfully, that draft went Bowe, Meriweather, Beason. One pick either way, and the Pats team is much better over the past 7 seasons. Anyway...

Through all the injuries last year, one thing was GLARING to me...there was simply no backup to Mayo. None what-so-ever.

Beason lost most of 2011 and 2012 to injury playing in 5 games total. He lost the MLB job to Keuchly in 2012, and lost the WLB to Chase Blackburn last year, then got dealt. All this after becoming the highest paid MLB in the NFL in 2011 before blowing his achilles.

Now, that last part is interesting. The league has this no tampering rule...except for this coming weekend, where agents of pending FAs can talk to other teams. Beason, being his OWN agent, can not do this. He has to sit on his hands until FA officially begins.

RIght now the Pats have Mayo, Hightower, Collins, Ninkovich as their primary LBs. Beason would be a very nice addition to that mix who could play at least the MLB and WLB, if not also the SLB.

[/QUOTE]
    Beason gets a contract more than what was paid out to DJackson. 

Case closed. Conversation over

he resigns with the Jints

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Beason gets a contract more than what was paid out to DJackson. 

Case closed. Conversation over

he resigns with the Jints

[/QUOTE]

He blew out his achilles, he can't play anymore.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I believe he blew it out two or three times. I love the player but he's been through a great deal physically.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

We do not need LBer's.... I don't understand why we keep going back to this. 

Mayo, Hightower, Collins, Fletcher and a draft pick is a top 10-12 in the league... 

We need corners, safeties, Dlinemen, and play makers on O. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We do not need LBer's.... I don't understand why we keep going back to this. 

Mayo, Hightower, Collins, Fletcher and a draft pick is a top 10-12 in the league... 

We need corners, safeties, Dlinemen, and play makers on O. 

[/QUOTE]

The problem is that its a top heavy group. What happens if Mayo goes down again? No quality depth

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Beason didn't stand out on a team bereft of LB's.....I'd take a pass...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Disagree on all of the above. Check out the Jints defensive metrics prior to Beeson and after Beeson arrival. That defense improved dramatically once he arrived. 

Jints resign him