Jon Jones - Chandler's older brother

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Jon Jones - Chandler's older brother

Kept his UFC title tonight in a very tough, close and controversial decision.  Anyone watch the fight and what do you think about the decision?

I had it 3 rounds to 2 for Jones.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Jon Jones - Chandler's older brother

UFC is too brutal for me, not a fan. But I'm happy for the Jones family.

Paul Scholes; He scores goals! (clap) X5

Paul Scholes; he scores goals! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

I think this was a tough fight, but I think he won, he had the chance to KO Gustafsson in the end of the third. but I think he deserved the win, he conected I think 6 kicks in the head of the Swedian, and a couple of hit with hil elbow. great win

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Remember the Title Holder doesn't have to prove the win... the challanger has to do enough to strip the title.  Jones earned it - owns it, and now someone has to take it decisively.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Remember the Title Holder doesn't have to prove the win... the challanger has to do enough to strip the title.  Jones earned it - owns it, and now someone has to take it decisively.  

EXACTLY my thoughts.

Great fight. My only issue is people saying this finally showed Jones' toughness. When he DIDN'T tap to that armbar, his toughness was cemented. This furthered it. I honestly don't see how this kid can lose short of the surprising KO that is ALWAYS a possibility in MMA. I see Gust moving through the rest of the division without too much trouble.

I'd like to see weight classes changed. Light heavy should run to about 220. Cain Velasquez, for instance, could probably fight there. THAT would be a HELL of a matchup. I also think Jones would be FEARSOME with another 10-15 lbs to fight with.

Sections
Shortcuts