Jonathan Wilhite is the primary reason for Patriots late losses!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Capevector. Show Capevector's posts

Jonathan Wilhite is the primary reason for Patriots late losses!

If you haven't noticed, good quarterbacks have been picking on Wilhite the entire season, especially late in games when they need to go down the field. Time after time this guy gets burned for easy first downs and ugly touchdowns. Denver, Indy and Houston all went after him and suceeded. I believe he should be sat down and be replaced by a player who can at least contend for the ball in same space as the receiver. If not, it will be one short playoff run. This guy is bad!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Re: Jonathan Wilhite is the primary reason for Patriots late losses!

Wilhite and Wheatley both stink.  I've been confused for the past two years as to who is who.  Perhaps after this year the personnel people will humor me by jettisoning both of them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

I heard all good things about him before the season, but every time a receiver gets open downfield on a big play, it's Willhite who seems to be covering him.

I guess the good thing is that he won't be in on nickel packages in the playoffs because they'll have Bodden, Springs, and Butler.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boom95. Show boom95's posts

Dont disagree but even bad secondary play can look good with a pass rush!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

The announcers even said he was in the wrong place on a couple of those 4th quarter passes. One to Johnson on the sideline he had help over the top and needed to go in front of the receiver instead he was at his side. Other one pretty much the same thing, get the hell in front of the receiver you have help over the top.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

He gives receivers way too much cushion. Sick and tired of seeing him get beat game after game.  Heck, let Chung or McGowan have his job. Can't do worse and hard hitting itself might lead to a drop or two. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Wilhite is a nickelback.  not a #1 or #2 CB.   With Bodden and Springs starting, he will be fine in his role.  Butler will also be rotating in. Wheatley is either inactive or on special teams.

i think u forget Wilhite is 4th round pick in his 2nd year of NFL!  chill out with the bust talk.  it took Sammuel a good 4 years to become a good CB. Now he is a star.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I have tried to defend this guy all season, but there is only so many chances you can get.  Even when this guy blankets a reciever they still seem to catch it on him.  It seems anytime the opposing qb is ready to throw a td, they make sure they find whoever Wilhite is covering and throw it to him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

WILHITE HAS NO BALL SKILLS . . . PERIOD
     1) No sense of when the ball is coming

2)Small & can't elevate = Fade pattern abuse

3) Afraid to make plays on the ball / undercut routes
      (even with over the top help )

BILL ... NO ONE BUT U HASN"T ALREADY GIVEN UP ON THIS TURD

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

Forgot to mention :

HE ALSO CAN"T TACKLE / SEAL THE EDGE / OR SHED BLOCKERS ...

( HIS LIMITED SPECIAL TEAMS SKILLS ARE UN-SPECIAL TOO )

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CUT HIM !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from boom95. Show boom95's posts

Yeah we need to be more physical at the line of scrimmage, most of these young corners are fast. Maybe the extra 1/2 second will help the pass rush get there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

Finally, I was going to make a new thread about this. Somebody should send a message to BB. Wilhite will determine our playoff chances bottom line. You can't rush the QB anytime but, can't you see how bad Wilhite was in every play that he blew?

Hobbs />= Wilhite = Wheatley lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

i think hes the best player on this team because he is hard working.... he is everything that Brady used to stand for

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boom95. Show boom95's posts

Gulo i hope that was sarcasm

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tankboytaylor. Show tankboytaylor's posts

he stinks but as others have said no pass rush makes him worse

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

We get rid of Ellis Hobbs and they frigging go back to another midget who blows

HES A NICKEL CORNER! Stop putting corners who should be at the star spot at the right and left corner spots. My god its so annoying. He needs to be pulled and next year its Butler and Bodden starting barring Bodden leaving for $$

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

He's a young developing kid, no more no less.  He isn't one of our starting CB's so I don't understand all of the over reacting.  Does he get beat?  Yes, but the calls for him being cut are ridiculous, I mean this kid has upside and I know it's tough to give him time to realize his potential amid a playoff run, but the fact of the matter is that even with him getting all of the reps that he's had, the Pats are in the playoffs.

He could use a full off-season of mentoring, possibly by Springs, to help develop some ball skills.

I'm more concerned with Wheatly (who was taken two rounds before Wilhite), who can't seem to get on the field on defense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Wilhite, just like Hobbs is getting a bad rap despite everyone knowing how bad our pass rush can be at times.

Wouldn't u like to have Hobbs playing nickelback now?  i know i would. Wilhite isn't quite ready.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I won't say he should be cut,but he should only be in on dime packages! Maybe he's a no hitting safety!! With Little Wesley out maybe he can play b/u slot receiver,cause he sure as my name is Charles can't play the corner back position.I won't go through the number of times he was torched this year and I know the QB's on the opposition teams are just licking their chops when they see him take the field....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@RahZid.....the reason everyone is so hard on him is because he is constantly getting caught out of position or burned.  He never makes a play on the ball and the worst part about it, is that BB keeps sticking him on the best recievers. He has shown absolutely no upside imo.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Wilhite got burned multiple times, and I knew JUST by him being in there, we didnt care if we won or not.  But it looked like we were trying to win.  So I was a bit confused.  One of the best passing offenses in the NFL and you start WILHITE?  Please.  I am sure he is a nice guy, but the sight of him trailing a receiver on another successful catch is making me SICK.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

He is a CP player (can't play!)  GET RID OF HIM!  Waste of time.

Boy I'm sure glad they got rid of Asante a couple yrs ago!  stupid move on the Pats part.  With ALL the $ they have paid out with all these Corners they brought in via FA or Draft picks - they coulld have already paid Asante very well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Wilhite is the weakest link in the Patriot secondary, so of course, opposing QBs would have a field day throwing against him whenever he is in the game.  He plays a 10 yard cushion on nearly every play, and "loses" is receiver as witness the Buffalo game a few weeks back where his hide was saved by a dropped pass in the late 4th quarter.   I can't help but blame BB for drafting the likes of Wilhite and Wheatley thinking they would be contibutors to the team.  They are a waste just like Laura Fumbleroney who looks to be finally be in the doghouse.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Did Bobby Grier secretly re-join the Patriots personnel dept?  The W & W boys make Chris Canty look good.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Crazy thought, can't be any worse.  Put Sander as nickel CB why not he's better than welhite and again can't do any worse.