Jonathan Wilhite will be a pleasant surprise this year.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

Jonathan Wilhite will be a pleasant surprise this year.

I know he wasn't what we expected last year. But, we've all heard of the sophomore slump. This kid is going to be a star. He's taller than most corners, at 6'2. He has a 40 inch vertical, and runs a 4.35 forty yard dash, making it nearly impossible to complete the long ball over him. He has great work ethic from what I have heard, and you can't question the kid's heart, he really wants to be a good player. Look for a 12 INT and 75 tackle year this year, and don't be surprised if he does even better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Jonathan Wilhite will be a pleasant surprise this year.

Nothing better to do TROLL?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from paparui. Show paparui's posts

In Response to Jonathan Wilhite will be a pleasant surprise this year.:
    I know he wasn't what we expected last year. But, we've all heard of the sophomore slump. This kid is going to be a star. He's taller than most corners, at 6'2. He has a 40 inch vertical, and runs a 4.35 forty yard dash, making it nearly impossible to complete the long ball over him. He has great work ethic from what I have heard, and you can't question the kid's heart, he really wants to be a good player. Look for a 12 INT and 75 tackle year this year, and don't be surprised if he does even better.
    Posted by Celtics12345

Wow!!!!!!! What a joke. You definitely didn't watch the same games I did last season. Must have been a boring day for you to post this nonsense

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

With all the youth on this team we will need to have some plesant surprises.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

kill yourself stupid kid

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

first of all, Belichick doesn't draft tall corners. Wilhite is 5'9-5'11. 

Second, if Wilhite can go 1 game without blowing his coverage, missing tackles, playing out of his zone I will met and marry Adriana Lima. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Well, he may be a troll but I kind of agree with him. A lot of times last year he was in position to make a play on the ball but came up short. He can usually stay with the receiver but needs to work on batting balls away or making a pick. He's probably never going to be a bonafide starter, but I could see him becoming a good 3rd CB or an ok 2nd. He was a fourth rounder, that's not bad for a 4th round pick.

This is certainly a make or break year for both him and wheatley, but I think he's better than people believe. The 12 INT prediction is obviously not going to happen, but he'll compete for a spot and make some plays.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

In Response to Re: Jonathan Wilhite will be a pleasant surprise this year.:
    Well, he may be a troll but I kind of agree with him. A lot of times last year he was in position to make a play on the ball but came up short. He can usually stay with the receiver but needs to work on batting balls away or making a pick. He's probably never going to be a bonafide starter, but I could see him becoming a good 3rd CB or an ok 2nd. He was a fourth rounder, that's not bad for a 4th round pick. This is certainly a make or break year for both him and wheatley, but I think he's better than people believe. The 12 INT prediction is obviously not going to happen, but he'll compete for a spot and make some plays.
    Posted by magicalhobo
    Sorry everyone, I meant to say 2-5 INT. Don't know how that happened. Wilhite is really only 5'9? He always looked taller than that during the games........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

Well, he may be a troll but I kind of agree with him. A lot of times last year he was in position to make a play on the ball but came up short. He can usually stay with the receiver but needs to work on batting balls away or making a pick. He's probably never going to be a bonafide starter, but I could see him becoming a good 3rd CB or an ok 2nd. He was a fourth rounder, that's not bad for a 4th round pick. This is certainly a make or break year for both him and wheatley, but I think he's better than people believe. The 12 INT prediction is obviously not going to happen, but he'll compete for a spot and make some plays.
    Posted by magicalhobo

EXACTLY! The kid always gets grilled for giving up those catches, but very rarely do I see him more than 3 yards away from the receiver. I think he realizes this, and that's why i have such high expectations for him, I know he can do it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

Wilhite will most likely be the No 4 corner on the team, I think if you compare him to most No 4 CBs around the league he'd be near the top, I believe he was a 4th round pick, what do you expect?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Posted by magicalhobo

Wow, magicalhobo...the first guy on this board I have seen give an honest appraisal of Wilhite, rather than just bashing him all out. Wilhite is no Ellis Hobbs, who left his man 10 yards in the clear...he can actually cover quite well; he just hasn't been able to get his head around fast enough. Maybe that is coachable, maybe not, but it's a lot more to work with than a guy who cannot cover at all. With last year's experience behind him, I think he's got a chance to surprise some folks in 2010-11.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

Yes he will be a pleasant surprise, when he goes to another team!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

As Bad as Wilhite was last year, I'm not quite ready to stick a fork in him.  Last year he let his confidence get shaken.  He did what no football player can let happen; he couldn't put a couple bad games behind him.  That led to more bad games.  I do think he's a sub package player, and should be the 4th DB on the field for us this year.  I don't think however, he's as bad as he looked last year.  

As others have said, he truly was in position a lot last year.  A little physical and mental adjustment and we could all be surprised.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

i too think he'll do great job next year

Posted by magicalhobo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Without a pass rush (last year) Revis would not be able to cover a receiver for 20 seconds every play.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Patriots did just draft a corner, and he's taller than most, he's fast, but his name isn't Wilhite.  Before assuming that the writer is a troll, I want to find out if he means "oh yeah, wrong name!"  It's a good thing he didn't refer to that other cornerback, the little guy, Vince Wilfork.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think he's 6'7, he also ran the 40 in 3.9. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

How in the heck did you mean 2-5 but type 12? Even my typing isn't that bad. Anyway I would like him to bat a few balls he watched grabbed by the guy he was covering iches away!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

Wilhit won't make the team this year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Wilhite is listed at 5'11", 185lbs. 

He will be a fourth corner, but probably (if he makes the roster) see decent playing time in our nickel and dime packages. Can he get 2-5 interceptions?...It's possible sure, especially when you have Bodden, Butler, McCourty and hopefully a new and improved front 7. 

I'll bite...2 interceptions sure.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Wilhite seems to have all the physical skills and athletisism to play in the NFL. He seems to lack the ability to ball hawk; he doesn't put himself in good positions to tackle or jump a route. In basketball they call it court-sense when a player has a good understanding of what's going on offensively and defensively and instinctively anticipates game play. I don't know if they have a term for that in the NFL but Wilhite seems to lack that.

Madden 2011 came out and all the players apparently want to see their avatars in the best possible light. Bruschi came out and said the most important player rating that relates to real life is player awareness. I don't have Wilhite's awareness rating but it has to be low.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

This will be a watershed year for Wilhite.  The competition at corner will be very tough and if Wilhite rises to the occasion and actually covers receivers and makes plays from time to time then great for the Pats and for him.  If not, it'll be time to cut him loose. 

I just re-read what I typed and would like to add the following:  My apologies for stating the obvious.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevindavis. Show kevindavis's posts

He only looked taller because he walked back standing upright while the opposing team was celebrating in the endzone.  This guy is Ellis Hobbs without return skills. 
    It's also time time for him and Maroney to get rid of those ridiculous dreadlocks.  The helmets don't fit right which hampers their vision, gets in the way, and holds in the heat.  Grow up and be a football player, not a rasta man. Take a page from Chung!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Whilhite = Mediocrity x Blandness

Merriweather  = Flashiness x Ineptitude

Thank God we drafted Butler / Chung /  McCourty ...

Our 2009 starting D-Backs where Shite-on-a-stick

( with the exception of Bodden and early season McGowen )

ps -
       For those of u who sight Merriweathers Pro Bowl appearance ...remember David GARRARD also suited up for the most watered down Pro Bowl in history .

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

I have Scal scoring 15 tonight.

Sections
Shortcuts