Jonathan Wilhite will be a pleasant surprise this year.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

Re: Jonathan Wilhite will be a pleasant surprise this year.

What a bad call on Rasheed

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

In Response to Jonathan Wilhite will be a pleasant surprise this year.:
    I know he wasn't what we expected last year. But, we've all heard of the sophomore slump. This kid is going to be a star. He's taller than most corners, at 6'2. He has a 40 inch vertical, and runs a 4.35 forty yard dash, making it nearly impossible to complete the long ball over him. He has great work ethic from what I have heard, and you can't question the kid's heart, he really wants to be a good player. Look for a 12 INT and 75 tackle year this year, and don't be surprised if he does even better.
    Posted by Celtics12345

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

He won't even make the team -despite all stats, he's not a FOOTBALL player, nor can he cover

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Wilhite will be a very good dime back next year. He showed that he can play as the #2 corner for a bit and certainly as a nickel back. As #4, he'll be matched up against WRs tha won't be able to beat him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

#4 will be the right spot for Wilhite.  I won't be surprised to see him the #3 early in the season, but dropping to #4 once McCoutry gets a better grasp of the D.  As many have pointed out, he had good coverage a lot last year if he would only turn around a look for the ball.  Perhaps that's something he'll be able to correct.  I hope so.  The way the game is played today, you can't have enough good DB's.  You need at least 3 starting quality DB's.  Having 4 would be icing on the cake and provide insurance for the inevitable injuries that occur.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Wilhite will not beat out Wheatley or McCourty. He's probably ticketed for a trade so that the Patriots can recoup the draft choice spent on him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

In Response to Re: Jonathan Wilhite will be a pleasant surprise this year.:
    Wilhite will not beat out Wheatley or McCourty. He's probably ticketed for a trade so that the Patriots can recoup the draft choice spent on him.
    Posted by sportsbozo1

Why can't he beat them out? Are you just writing him off before camp has even started. You fool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

We need to get this thread to 100 posts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

I think he's 6'7, he also ran the 40 in 3.9. 
    Posted by shenanigan

Sorry, I made a mistake. What do you want me to do?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

MMMMM

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Wilhite= Ellis Hobbs 2.0

Bill has thankfully learned his lesson though of putting short corners on the outside and now Wilhite is playing in the slot star spot. I really dont like Wilhite but he fits what the Pats are looking for in that nickel role. Hes quick, has nice hips and could cover a teams slot WR. My problem with him is that he lacks what Butler, Bodden, and McCourty have and thats ball skills. He doesnt get his head around in time, cant break on the ball, and just really is not a good overall tackler.

The Pats next year are bound to draft another corner in the second to fourth round range and Bill is building a secondary.

Also to the poster who said Bill doesnt take big corners thats basically true he likes guys with nice fluid hips, in the range of 5'8 (THE F?!) to 5'11 and nice vert. The past two drafts he has taken back to back corners in the 5-10 range

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

He doesn't adjust to the ball while it's in the air, which may be something that he can learn.  I think he makes it as a nickle corner.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

He doesn't adjust to the ball while it's in the air, which may be something that he can learn.  I think he makes it as a nickle corner.
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

I feel like he will be a star soon, I don't know why. Just expect big things.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

In Response to Re: Jonathan Wilhite will be a pleasant surprise this year. : I feel like he will be a star soon, I don't know why. Just expect big things.
    Posted by Celtics12345

Are you going to tell me to expect big things from Maroney next? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

People DO improve. Some later than others.  It would be nice, but I don't see it happening here, though.  He seems totally outplayed most of the time.  I hope you are right.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

In Response to Re: Jonathan Wilhite will be a pleasant surprise this year. : Are you going to tell me to expect big things from Maroney next? 
    Posted by Pancakespwn

I'll tell you to expect better things from him this year, just not big.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Jonathan Wilhite is 5'11" at best. This is what he is listed at. And no Mr. Wilhite will not have a breakout year this year! Did you actually watch the games? The back side of his jersey was so worn out on game day that you couldn't even see his uniform number!!!! Holy cow!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

Jonathan Wilhite is 5'11" at best. This is what he is listed at. And no Mr. Wilhite will not have a breakout year this year! Did you actually watch the games? The back side of his jersey was so worn out on game day that you couldn't even see his uniform number!!!! Holy cow!
    Posted by jozee76

How do you know he wont? Many players have made significant improvements over the course of one season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

Almost time for training camp, Wilhite will shock all you fools.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Jonathan Wilhite will be a pleasant surprise this year. : Sorry, I made a mistake. What do you want me to do?
    Posted by Celtics12345

Nothing, it gave me a chance to make a smarta$$ comment.  That's good enough for me.  Although you do seem pretty confident in your own admittedly baseless prediction that Wilhite will become great.  Do your gut feelings usually come true.  This could be a test of your psychic powers.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

12 picks and I am going to be shocked? Do you know how hard it is for a player with terrible ball skills to get 12 picks? When your not posting by the end of the season that alone will be victory enough. And if your still here im going to remind you of this garbage.

For Wilhite to get 12 picks and that many tackles he would have to be defensive player of the year and your telling me that a corner who can barley get his head around is going to do that? 

Also good post Russ. I mean I think he will be an above average slot corner but Darius, Bodden, and Devin are better right now and have better potential. 

25. This post has been removed.